closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Electric cars-got to be a viable option now?

Hybrid View

Master
    Story on the BBC of an EV driver refused entry to a hospital car park in case the car explodes. No ICE car has ever caught fire then?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    Story on the BBC of an EV driver refused entry to a hospital car park in case the car explodes. No ICE car has ever caught fire then?
    They do not spontaneously combust, no.

Toyota was right all along about a healthy mix being the right way to go, with hybrids leading the way. Full blown EVs is a step back in technology and will never catch on unless battery technology does a quantum leap, and theres nothing on the horizon in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by 744ER View Post

Toyota was right all along about a healthy mix being the right way to go, with hybrids leading the way. Full blown EVs is a step back in technology and will never catch on unless battery technology does a quantum leap, and theres nothing on the horizon in that regard.
    lol

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    lol

Truth hurt much, EVboy?

Truth hurt much, EVboy?
    Are some cars fitted with a non-spontaneous combustion schedule?

The idea that any car has not combusted spontaneously is preposterous.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Truth hurt much, EVboy?
    No not really, it’s all you do on here. Come in make a few ridiculous statements and then disappear off again, you clearly don't have the foggiest about what youre talking about.

Anyway, ill leave this here from another thread….https://www.wired.com/story/cell-to-...tric-vehicles/
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 4th May 2024 at 21:06.

Master

Has worked fine for me for the last three years.

But you’re right, EVs will never catch on. Which is why I now have a second.

Master
    For some people, hybrids (of the plug in type at least) are the right cars for them.

I’ve been driving a mix of all sorts of cars for the last 12 years, first hybrids, then plug in ones and for the last 8 years ‘full blown EVs’ as you put them.

The last 8 years doesn’t feel like a step backwards for me, quite the opposite.

I’m not anti-ICE either, so no ‘EV-boy’, but I don’t see why I’d go back to one for any reason really. Toyota are keeping a foot in all camps, as they should do as they’re serving a global market, as are VW/BMW/Ford etc and nothing wrong with that, even their latest full EVs are pretty good such as the BZ4X, and they’ve more full electric vehicles in the pipeline over the next couple of years.

There’s really no need for anybody to get so angry about it all.

Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    Statistically ICE cars are 80x more likely to catch fire than EV cars. However EV car fires can be harder to put out.