closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 78 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Saturday night, 2-0 down, two flukey goals away from home, soaking wet and still louder than them.
    Just got back from the match. Strange comments there fella. You were battered and we were treating it like a training match from 60 mins onwards. Sometimes it’s best to keep your powder dry until you have actually achieved something… maybe the loudest topless singing in the rain trophy….

Deleted. CBA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoon7 View Post
    Just got back from the match. Strange comments there fella. You were battered and we were treating it like a training match from 60 mins onwards. Sometimes it’s best to keep your powder dry until you have actually achieved something… maybe the loudest topless singing in the rain trophy….
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 16th March 2024 at 21:43.

Deleted. CBA.
    No doubt it was more trollop... ?

Where did this Man Utd come from?

West Ham - 3 goals struck off by VAR.

If it is to quantify a clear and obvious breach of the rules why does it take so long?

Can't be that obvious can it?
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Handy point for Villa that, at a ground where we've never won. We should have a nailed on penalty first half, but then VAR harshly ruled out a West Ham goal in a bit of an evener. Villa much the better team second half, but needed VAR to save us right at the death, although why it took so long for such an obvious one I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    Handy point for Villa that, at a ground where we've never won. We should have a nailed on penalty first half, but then VAR harshly ruled out a West Ham goal in a bit of an evener. Villa much the better team second half, but needed VAR to save us right at the death, although why it took so long for such an obvious one I don't know.
    Looks like both of us are doing our best to avoid CL football next season! Bloody frustrating.

Premier League 2023-24

Where did this Man Utd come from?
    And where did they go to?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    And where did they go to?
    Great finish to the 90 mins.

This is the best I’ve seen Man Utd play for years.

I know it’s not Premier League, sorry. That was a shocker of an England performance tonight. Southgate, Dunk, Gallagher, Maguire, Chilwell and Watkins aren’t up to the standard. We’ll waste another golden generation if we keep this muppet in charge. No shape or tactics whatsoever.

All enthusiasm I had for the Euros has gone. We’re fooked.

Gordon and Mainoo did OK though.

I know it’s not Premier League, sorry. That was a shocker of an England performance tonight. Southgate, Dunk, Gallagher, Maguire, Chilwell and Watkins aren’t up to the standard. We’ll waste another golden generation if we keep this muppet in charge. No shape or tactics whatsoever.

Yeah , but Mainoo innit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What standard? Who would play instead of those 6?

Friendlies don't mean anything.

Mainoo just played to get some England caps to his name so he can't play for Ghana!

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

The standard required to compete at the latter stages of tournaments. What was most concerning for me was the lack of identity. What kind of team are we? Counter-attacking? High press? Possession-based? I don’t know because I can’t see it.

These friendlies should be about seeing who can play in your system and who brings most to that. We don’t seem to have a system. I thought the players were unsure too and were playing on instinct. That was probably the weakest Brazil team I’ve ever seen. Six debutants and they’ve lost three in a row before tonight. I doubt France will be shaking in their boots.

Worrying IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    What standard? Who would play instead of those 6?

Friendlies don't mean anything.

Mainoo just played to get some England caps to his name so he can't play for Ghana!

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Great match fell asleep during second half woke up when it had finished
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

It was a friendly where players are in the business end of the PL and don't want to go full tilt and risk injury, there were a few players who withdrew 'injured', a lot of that side out there tonight aren't starting XI, Foden was played out of position on the wing. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Personally I care far more about Arsenal winning trophies than about England anyway, I find international weeks get in the way of the PL. I'm sure I'll follow the Euros in the summer but give me the PL and CL any day of the week over International matches.

Watkins did OK I thought, he had hardly any service. I'm taking a bit of a dislike to Bellingham though - at one stage he even put his hands on the ref's shoulders which is a total lack of respect and his constant gestures and grimaces are irritating. It's like if you blended Klopp and Arteta and turned that creation into a footballer.
    Last edited by ryanb741; 24th March 2024 at 00:31.

Come on man, one of you just win it!!

Rodri is unreal. Best in the world.

Phil Foden. Possibly the best left footer in the world. Watch Southgate waste him.

I think Villa did remarkably well to only end up losing that one 4-1.
    "A man of little significance"

Phil Foden. Possibly the best left footer in the world. Watch Southgate waste him.
    Come on, Pickford, Maguire, Henderson and Phillips need to be on the team sheet before any decent players get a shout.

Depressingly accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Come on, Pickford, Maguire, Henderson and Phillips need to be on the team sheet before any decent players get a shout.

The same amount of PL hat tricks as Drogba, Lampard and the fake Ronaldo .
    He might be OK at this football lark if he knuckles down

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    The same amount of PL hat tricks as Drogba, Lampard and the fake Ronaldo .
    He might be OK at this football lark if he knuckles down

I think resting him in the Arsenal match really paid off.....

Rodri is unreal. Best in the world.
    Meh !
    He’s alright

City did go for Kane, twice .
    The first time, Levy wouldn’t listen to offers and then talked Sir Harry into staying .
    When City returned two years later, it was a tentative offer as I think we were already decided on Haaland.
    I also think Kane would’ve tore it up at City but I’m pleased with our second choice cast off too.

Don’t see City dropping any PL points in their remaining games, so looks like game over.

I think Bayern will beat Arsenal and Liverpool look dead and buried in the Europa so both teams gave up their seasons in the space of a few days.

Villa looked good, could have been 0-4, I hope they finish 4th.

Last night was the worst I’ve seen Rodri play in seasons.
    I think he fully deserves some time out . A few weeks ago it would’ve been madness but there are players stepping up again . The like of Kovacic and Nunes will be fine in the run in . Rodri can return for the so called bigger games.

Funny you say that as we all thought the same last night. It's really noticeable when someone's levels are so insanely high. Some Gooner on the radio yesterday saying Rice has been more consistent this season. Jermaine Pennant's response was "Rodri has been consistent for FOUR YEARS!" LOL

Last night was the worst I’ve seen Rodri play in seasons.
    I think he fully deserves some time out . A few weeks ago it would’ve been madness but there are players stepping up again . The like of Kovacic and Nunes will be fine in the run in . Rodri can return for the so called bigger games.

To be fair Haaland does look like an upgrade on Sterling!

City did go for Kane, twice .
    The first time, Levy wouldn’t listen to offers and then talked Sir Harry into staying .
    When City returned two years later, it was a tentative offer as I think we were already decided on Haaland.
    I also think Kane would’ve tore it up at City but I’m pleased with our second choice cast off too.
    - - - Updated - - -

Rice has been excellent this season but Rodri is a level above. He is vital to City's midfield dominance.
    Funny you say that as we all thought the same last night. It's really noticeable when someone's levels are so insanely high. Some Gooner on the radio yesterday saying Rice has been more consistent this season. Jermaine Pennant's response was "Rodri has been consistent for FOUR YEARS!" LOL

Long way to go but Isak and Gordon have had Ven der Ven on toast so far. We could have had five already.

Saudi FA to review fan code of conduct after supporter appears to whip player - BBC Sport

The BBC tried to interview the supported involved in the incident but apparently he's never been seen since....apparently.

Andre Gomez has looked better in nine minutes than any other Everton player in the previous 45. Always been a class act.

This is like watching Arsenal - just have a shot man!!

I thought City looked spent today, leggy and slow. Hardly surprising really and not just because they played 120 minutes on Wednesday, rather last season and this catching up with them.

I thought City looked spent today, leggy and slow. Hardly surprising really and not just because they played 120 minutes on Wednesday, rather last season and this catching up with them.
    Absolutely.
    If only all the team had asthma eh ?

What does that mean?

What does that mean?
    I believe he's referring to the alleged high incidence of asthma suffered by players of one particular Merseyside-based team. Asthma sufferers are allowed to take asthma medication which so happens to have performance enhancing properties in terms of oxygen transfer. One might argue that for a team that likes to press aggressively and play at an intense tempo that this could be an advantage.

Allegedly.

Master
    Absolutely.

I'm sure Ped has a few tricks up his sleeve, unlike the unproven allegation and unproven 'benefits' of asthma medication he has a few actual charges to his name.

I’ve just seen the three non-penalties in the Everton v Forest game and for me they’re all pens, especially the first two. I can see how the third was missed but it’s still a pen and VAR should have stepped in. It’s clear the EPL don’t want their points deductions to take Everton down.

Master
    I’ve just seen the three non-penalties in the Everton v Forest game and for me they’re all pens, especially the first two. I can see how the third was missed but it’s still a pen and VAR should have stepped in. It’s clear the EPL don’t want their points deductions to take Everton down.
    funny for me the 3rd was the most egregious, the first two i can see why they werent over turned (but its that stupid thing whereby if they were given they wouldnt be overturned eiter)

How anyone who watched the Coventry v Man Utd game could give Fernandez MOTM is utterly beyond me. No Man Utd player should have even been in contention for MOTM. Simms, O'Hare and the young RB were outstanding for Coventry and one of them should have gotten that award. The outrageous bias towards Man Utd continues.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    funny for me the 3rd was the most egregious, the first two i can see why they werent over turned (but its that stupid thing whereby if they were given they wouldnt be overturned eiter)
    Danny Murphy's analysis was quite good on MOTD2 with regards the first 2 not being given but the third was absolutely stonewall penalty

I'm starting to see rumblings of discontent with Ange online from Spurs fans. What's the view of Spurs fans here? Still early to judge? Needs more time? Needs a few transfer windows? Only knows how to play one way? Or is it as Cliff the Spurs fan said 'Nothing will change under overrated Ange.'

To be fair I think they've been brilliant at times this season and, like most of us, have been decimated with injuries on occasion. It certainly looked like the fans were massively onside earlier in the season and the signings of Maddison and Van der Ven we're enviable.

Ange looks like he's starting to unravel in front our eyes. He's showing signs of the job being far too big for him.

If Ange stared at his feet any more in the interview last night he was in danger of tipping over. I wonder if he was better at making eye contact when he went for the interview with Levy?

Ange looks like he's starting to unravel in front our eyes. He's showing signs of the job being far too big for him.
    I'm not sure, he's taken them forward vs last season and Spurs have been hideously exposed by injuries this year. Remember last year they had Harry Kane up front, now they've got Richarlison and Werner.

Losing Udogie is a big blow for them but I'm confident they'll recover and take points off City

Master
    Ange always seems to be dressed for the occasion - dark suit, white shirt and black tie = Funeral

Evening Standard sports journalists/voters must be Spurs supporters or blind to have voted Ange as London Manager of the Year back in February.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-b1142354.html