Quote Originally Posted by Omegary View Post
One of the things that made me proud to work at Bremont was that each assembler built the watches from start to finish. So case assembly, fitting hands and dials, casing up, regulation, pressure testing and any quality control corrections was all done by the assembler responsible for that batch of watches. I got a daft sense of satisfaction from knowing I'd built thousands of watches in their entirety and indeed, some might have owned and hopefully enjoyed by you guys. Not to mention all the special edition watches and military projects I worked on.
funnily enough, that's one of the things that I spoke directly to Giles English about in the 2010's. He was passionate about the staff and considered them to be the most important aspect of the company. The original townhouse events almost without fail had someone present to discuss the assembly of watches with customers which was both interesting and informative. I still remember discussing the assembly with one team member who described assembling a watch being like a puzzle - I'm not sure that I would have the patience. Something I did mention to another member of the Bremont management team was that given each watch at the time was assembled by a single person, in a similar way to how Aston Martin used to have the engine builders 'badge' the engines they had built, could the assemblers name not be included on the watch. Admittedly it might have been too much trouble for the volume models but possibly for the expensive limited editions? The idea seemed well received but sadly never came to fruition.