closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Paying firms with cash

Hybrid View

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Never heard of that being prosecuted but people are prosecuted, and sometimes jailed, for tax evasion. Not really sure you’ve chosen the best comparison there.
    It’s Illegal. You claimed before tax evasion is illegal.

You can’t pick and choose what laws you stick to if you want to take the moral high ground. You either abide by every law or you’re as bad as anyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    It’s Illegal. You claimed before tax evasion is illegal.

You can’t pick and choose what laws you stick to if you want to take the moral high ground. You either abide by every law or you’re as bad as anyone else.
    It's not about "taking the moral high ground" its about following your own moral compass ...

If someone has got drunk in a pub and behaved themselves then there is zero impact on anyone else or wider society ... I don't see any problem. If they get stroppy and start a fight then that is a different matter.

Tax evasion generally hurts the people in society that have the least .. if you are OK with that then that is your choice your moral compass ...

Making irrelevant analogies doesn't change change the situation or in some way excuse your choice to participate in tax evasion for your own enrichment ...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    It's not about "taking the moral high ground" its about following your own moral compass ...

If someone has got drunk in a pub and behaved themselves then there is zero impact on anyone else or wider society ... I don't see any problem. If they get stroppy and start a fight then that is a different matter.

Tax evasion generally hurts the people in society that have the least .. if you are OK with that then that is your choice your moral compass ...

Making irrelevant analogies doesn't change change the situation or in some way excuse your choice to participate in tax evasion for your own enrichment ...
    I’m responded to what you stated. You claimed it doesn’t matter if everyone does it, it’s ILLEGAL.

To which I’ve replied it’s ILLEGAL to be drunk in a pub but I’m sure you’ve done that.

You either follow the law or you don’t. You can’t pick and choose and take the moral high ground when you want.

Being drunk in a pub generally hurts people. The NHS of a weekend is packed with drunk people who have harmed themselves or others in pubs drunk and puts a massive strain on services.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I’m responded to what you stated. You claimed it doesn’t matter if everyone does it, it’s ILLEGAL.
    I think you are getting confused. I have not said that…

My point is quite clear. Tax evasion generally hurts the people in society with the least.

To which I’ve replied it’s ILLEGAL to be drunk in a pub but I’m sure you’ve done that.

You either follow the law or you don’t. You can’t pick and choose and take the moral high ground when you want.

Being drunk in a pub generally hurts people. The NHS of a weekend is packed with drunk people who have harmed themselves or others in pubs drunk and puts a massive strain on services.

As an aside and not wishing to turn this into an A level Philosophy chat......it's not the case that following the law is always the morally correct thing to do.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    I do find these threads somewhat funny. Quite a few Tunbridge Wells types taking the moral high ground. People who have probably not struggled with minimum wage or well below average wages.

Not saying that is the case here, but a lot of the barely legal stuff happens when money is very tight, or non existent.

When I where a lad, it wasn't a shoebox in middle of road type stuff, but we had no money and cash in hand was just normal.

You worried about the leccy man calling to find a big u-bar breaching the meter, not a bit of cash in hand stuff. Didn't answer the front door without peeking through the net curtain for 10 years, lol.

There is a whole different world beyond middle class Britain.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk
    Says Surrey man who comments / thinks Berkshire is just Slough.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    What’s that got to do with anything? It’s nothing to do with any moral high ground.

We live in a society where working together makes things happen. The more freeloaders there are screwing the system the less resources in the pot for the system to support the needs of the less fortunate.

I choose to play by the rules and contribute because I want a society where the state has the resources to support those who need it.

The problem these days is there are too many selfish types screwing the system for their own benefit.

… and just because others do it doesn’t make it ok … live by your own moral compass regardless of the actions of others.
    Exactly, those of us that should contribute, should

Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    Playing the devils advocate, If a person is willing to screw the government and risk possible criminal charges what chance would a private individual have when dealing with that type of person ?
    Or the person willing to pay to avoid such.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Nobody cares and nobody questions as long as it is cheap enough. Look at the hundreds who bought cheap phones on SC from Vinny over a decade or more.
    Didn't you get screwed on currency with him trying to be cheap?