closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Information about a quartz Omega Deville

Information about a quartz Omega Deville

My friend has been given this by her grandmother, not something I know much about, any ideas about age and can it be sympathetically restored?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Linocut View Post
    My friend has been given this by her grandmother, not something I know much about, any ideas about age and can it be sympathetically restored?

I have an Omega de Ville quartz date from the 1990s which I inherited. It has a 1337 module and it is almost impossible to find a replacement without butchering another watch as Omega no longer supports them. On mine the quickset button no longer works so it sits unloved in a drawer. Perusing eBay it seems that most of them have developed the same fault, so while you can set the hour hand, you can't set the minutes.
    I shall watch this thread with interest as I would love to get mine going again too.
    Good luck!

If it's a 1330 series quartz they are well-built and the mechanical parts all serviceable if you know what you are doing (and even if you don't...) however electronic parts are likely scarce.

Donors of the same vintage are cheap though, so if it's a watch you are attached to it might be worth sourcing a working example and seeing if a watch repairer can perform some transplant surgery.
    Last edited by Tokyo Tokei; 27th April 2024 at 12:15.