closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: One watch for everything always?

Hybrid View

The thread title basically encapsulates my watch philosophy...currently it´s a Cream dial Smiths Transglobal on a Nato...though I´ve come to the conclusion lume would really be useful, the nippers going through a restless nights phase along with additional aesthetic reasoning, thus I have my eye on the Baltic Hermetique... Realistically probably about the most compact watch I can carry off and not look like I´ve borrowed a kids watch, super slim so less likely I´ll bump it into things, amazing lume, plentiful WR and a certain je nai sais quoi...It shall be a reward if I put in a decent time on a 10km race end of the month.
    Then I´m done for quite some time.

Master
    Blog Entries
    These are my two one watches …

Still can’t decide which of the two is the one …

Have had a few of those Ray Mears Citizens in the past and always flipped them in favour of a
    Seiko 7c43 7010 on a solid link bracelet

online image host

would have to be a G-Shock for me, if i wear a watch when i work and do stuff around the home / garden / car it would get totally mangled in no time.

I've tried about four Promaster Toughs and always flipped them.

However, the one I regret flipping was this:

It was 38mm, reasonably-sized dial numbers and a long knurled crown. I have no idea what reference it was but I think it was JDM. I picked it up from another forum.

Compared to this there was no contest for me:

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    These are my two one watches …

Still can’t decide which of the two is the one …

Do you miss not having a date function when you wear the Explorer?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by A440 View Post
    No, I wouldn’t mind if the Mark XX didn’t have a date window. I’d probably prefer it. Although I think the date may be more useful once I’m full retired.

BB54 for me. Slim, light, adjustable clasp, hides under sleeve, quietly awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by A440 View Post
    That's an absolute highlight on the Explorer IMO.

Craftsman
    Maybe not what I'd expect to say looking at the collection, but the reality is I wear my BB58 blue 99% of the time - it has pretty much turned me into a one watch guy since buying it nearly 3 years ago. So it would have to be that!

Perfect size for me, super solid and excellent time keeping, plenty of water resistance, very clear lume, classic style that works well on bracelet/erica's/leather. And having started when I got into this thinking I need a date, I need a chrono etc, I actually love the clear dial - and makes it very easy to set if that 70 hour pr ever runs out.

And maybe the best feature is it's not THAT expensive, so I don't feel as much of a target as with Rolex, or the need to take it off if I'm gardening or DIY or whatever (can someone remind me to delete this bit if I decide to move it on ).