closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hydro-modding. How hard can it be?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.Ldn View Post
    I've done a couple of digital quartz hydro-mods, here's my first attempt at an analogue
    That looks excellent!

I'm curious how people account for thermal expansion. Sinn have that membrane thing behind the caseback (Thanks Crusader...)

If your watch doesn't have this, is it at risk unless you leave a small bubble of compressible air?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei View Post
    That looks excellent!

I'm curious how people account for thermal expansion. Sinn have that membrane thing behind the caseback (Thanks Crusader...)

If your watch doesn't have this, is it at risk unless you leave a small bubble of compressible air?
    I use little strips of closed-cell neoprene foam. The idea being that the gas inside the closed cells will expand/compress as needed. No idea if it will
    work or not but time will tell! There is not much room in the Casio’s I have done but the two analogue quartz I have now done have room for a good sized strip.

NB I tried to make sure not to squeeze the foam too much when placing it - otherwise a bunch of the closed cells will burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.Ldn View Post
    I use little strips of closed-cell neoprene foam. The idea being that the gas inside the closed cells will expand/compress as needed.
    Thank you, that seems like a smart idea. The watch looks great