Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
I think that every bloke should have a pair classic Timberlands in their collection.

Not the very light wheat coloured boot which I think are a bit chavvy, but the darker nubuck rust coloured ones or chocolate brown leather.

I've had a pair on the go for 20 years now. In that time I'm currently on my second pair, and these are seven years old and just broken in. I've got the darker nubuck boots, and although I've got plenty of other boots, these are the first I go to when the weather is particularly crappy.

Significantly cheaper than redwings too. As a previous owner if redwing boots, I don't get them at the price point they are now asking.
On the strength of noTAGlove's post above (no pressure) and after [finally] coming to the realisation that Vans Classic Slip-Ons are really not suitable for year-round wear I've just ordered myself a pair of these:

Timberland Heritage 6-Inch Premium

Decided to go half a size down ordering UK10.5 instead of my usual UK11 after a bit of Googling, handy because the Timberland online store were very limited on size availability due to them being on sale; £170 down to £119 plus an extra 10% off and a cheeky 5.25% back from Topcashback with free shipping. Depending on how I get on with these and if the sale is still on I might splash out on a pair of the "Redwood Smooth" waterproofs

I also quite fancy a pair of the Thorogood 6" Moc Toes but didn't fancy resorting to eBay just yet.

I'll let you know how I get on