closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Hybrid View

Another vote for Stranger Things - although it is essentially just a bunch of different source materials merged in to one show - brilliantly cast. Not that the writers have claimed any different.

I'm enjoying Silicon Valley, but that's prob because I work in tech and there are lot of character archetypes in there I come across on a daily basis.

Similar vein 'Halt and Catch Fire' is really good based around the time of the birth of the PC (and loosely based on Compaq in Houston).

For throw away fun / guilty pleasures i do like Ballers.

Much as I hate to just repeat what others have said, Stranger Things is the best show I've watched this year, Better Call Saul is class, Jessica Jones and Daredevil great stuff if you want an alternative to the standard comic book fare, and Peaky Blinders is a must see

Quote Originally Posted by wilfmannion View Post
    Much as I hate to just repeat what others have said, Stranger Things is the best show I've watched this year, Better Call Saul is class, Jessica Jones and Daredevil great stuff if you want an alternative to the standard comic book fare, and Peaky Blinders is a must see
    Yet another thanks for Stranger Things - great fun and some nice nostalgia bits.....some nice throwbacks to ET, Poltergeist and Stephen King tales like Firestarter for example......

even as a manic mother Winona is still hot

Daredevil I've recommended before but it is superb.... Preacher weird but good.....

For a bit of hokum entertainment, "The Strain" is easy watching and stars David Bradley (Walder Frey in GoT).

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Craftsman
    Definitely going to check out Stranger Things. Everyone is talking about it.

Detectorists was good, for some light watching comedy.