closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New releases - random chat

Hybrid View

New Aquastar “Founder Edition” Benthos.

https://aquastar.ch/product/aquastar-benthos-500/

Limited to 300 pieces. Wanted this when the H1 was released last year but not sure I want one enough at the price plus import fees………

Quote Originally Posted by RLE View Post

Limited to 300 pieces. Wanted this when the H1 was released last year but not sure I want one enough at the price plus import fees………
    I have to agree, also it’s a similar price to an original and they do come up for sale regularly

Quote Originally Posted by RLE View Post

An exclusive centre mounted 60 min monopusher chronograph movement by LJP would not be cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    Nice!

Master
    I just came specifically to post the same thing. These have definitely grabbed my attention too! The price point seems ok compared to other companies who have released a smaller sized variant (I'm looking at you Sinn U50!)

I've only ever tried a Seestern homage to the 300T so I know that the dimensions aren't exact, but found that it wore quite nicely apart from being a bit too thick for my liking. This smaller 200T seems to address that issue.

EDIT: I've just looked on the Doxa website and the UK price is slightly higher unfortunately than the mental conversion from USD would be. So not quite as good value as I was originally thinking, but probably worth waiting on it coming to SC.
    Last edited by andy100; 3rd April 2024 at 14:14.

Yeah I find the 300T a little chunky. The 300 is better but the uptick on price is hard to swallow.

Apart from the 18mm lugs which I'm not too keen on these could solve the issue by being smaller and £400 cheaper

A Marmite version of a Marmite watch that I happen to really like, this one amusingly self-referential and sanely priced at CHF 1,350 -

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I actually like that too, and not to sillily priced.

Am I correct in thinking there is not a Uk distributor for Mido watches.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    A Marmite version of a Marmite watch that I happen to really like, this one amusingly self-referential and sanely priced at CHF 1,350 -

Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post

Reminds me of the old TV test card.

Master
    Yeah I find the 300T a little chunky. The 300 is better but the uptick on price is hard to swallow.

Apart from the 18mm lugs which I'm not too keen on these could solve the issue by being smaller and £400 cheaper
    With the bracelet/rubber strap flare as it comes away from the case, I'm guessing it will wear more like a 20mm though. I'd be interested in seeing the weight listed too (and a comparison to the 300/300T weights).

I'll look forward to seeing some reviews and real world comparison to the 300T.

New releases - random chat

Well its about time, Tudor have finally made a Blackbay 58 GMT, 39mm dia and 12.8mm thick (perfect) and its a coke, thats me sorted then...
    Thanks Tudor, only taken you 5 years to finally deliver a watch I've been waiting for, name down at local dealers...
    Last edited by Martylaa; 9th April 2024 at 15:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Well its about time, Tudor have finally made a Blackbay 58 GMT, 39mm dia and 12.8mm thick (perfect) and its a coke, thats me sorted then...
    Thanks Tudor, only taken you 5 years to finally deliver a watch I've been waiting for, name down at local dealers...
    I mean it is lovely and all but when I see something like this I just think it looks like a Rolex and I might be in a minority but it’s not a look I would wear

Master
    Rolex appear to be trying to replace themselves with Tudor this year, so they can concentrate on monstrosities like the 44mm gold Deepsea, arguably the world’s most pointless watch, and other delights such as the mother of pearl and diamond Daytona. I guess the platinum 1908 and Day-Date tweaks are more plausible, but they’re still decidedly high end. There’s very little for their traditional middle luxury market beyond a new grey and black GMT bezel, unless I’m missing something. This is not the kind of year that brought us multi-coloured Oyster Perpetuals, or anything even slightly attainable to fantasise about. Meanwhile we have a $32,200 gold Tudor, where they’ve kindly removed the faux rivets on the braclet, and some appealing monochrome black bays where they haven’t, with improved if still not exactly perfect proportions. They’re still more appealing to most than the new Rolex releases though. We live in interesting times.

Vacheron Constantin offer the most complicated watch in existence, with the proportions of a tin of beans, and some green dials for the Overseas. Disappointingly, still no mid-size (say 38-39mm), more wearable men’s Overseas in stainless steel, imagine the fuss if they’d launched that instant grail.

Lovers of larger watches are well served at IWC, I can forgive this for being oversized because, well, just look at it

This one too, if you can handle 40mm of all-dial watch:

The 2mm thick Piaget Altiplano Ultimate Concept Tourbillon has to be seen in motion, there’s a video here.

I’m a little surprised not to see a hand wound ‘Self-Dater’ 2nd GS reissue, in its 60th year, particularly as it’s one of Grand Seiko’s best proportioned and most wearable watches. But there’s still time in 2024. No matter though, because as per some earlier posts, the hands down winner of the show for me so far, for a real world watch, has to be this GS hand wound white birch. Admittedly not exactly cheap, but at 38.6mm and under 10mm thick it has great proportions, plus with an 80 hour power reserve and a beautiful dial, in a brilliant hard titanium case, this one pushes all the right buttons. They’ve even avoided overdoing the polished surfaces on this one, brushing the lugs and the top of the bezel for a calm and cool look. It’s one of the few releases this year that instantly makes it onto the ‘want’ list.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/in...lgw002-slgw003

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    The 2mm thick Piaget Altiplano Ultimate Concept Tourbillon has to be seen in motion, there’s a video here.
    Wow, that is amazing. Though obviously not for us mortals "The price of the watch is “upon request” but was not communicated to us when requested… to give you an idea, though, the Altiplano Ultimate Concept without a tourbillon was announced at EUR 420,000."

I love the look of the BB58 GMT, and that it's a coke. Only concern is the gilt in real life, wasn't a fan of it on the original 58 and it looks more intense here, but otherwise I'm a keen bean. One thing that definitely isn't an issue in real life is the faux rivets - they stand out a lot in photos, but I never notice them on my BB58 blue when on the wrist.