timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New releases - random chat

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    Nice!

Master
    I just came specifically to post the same thing. These have definitely grabbed my attention too! The price point seems ok compared to other companies who have released a smaller sized variant (I'm looking at you Sinn U50!)

I've only ever tried a Seestern homage to the 300T so I know that the dimensions aren't exact, but found that it wore quite nicely apart from being a bit too thick for my liking. This smaller 200T seems to address that issue.

EDIT: I've just looked on the Doxa website and the UK price is slightly higher unfortunately than the mental conversion from USD would be. So not quite as good value as I was originally thinking, but probably worth waiting on it coming to SC.
    Last edited by andy100; 3rd April 2024 at 14:14.

Yeah I find the 300T a little chunky. The 300 is better but the uptick on price is hard to swallow.

Apart from the 18mm lugs which I'm not too keen on these could solve the issue by being smaller and £400 cheaper

A Marmite version of a Marmite watch that I happen to really like, this one amusingly self-referential and sanely priced at CHF 1,350 -

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I actually like that too, and not to sillily priced.

Am I correct in thinking there is not a Uk distributor for Mido watches.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    A Marmite version of a Marmite watch that I happen to really like, this one amusingly self-referential and sanely priced at CHF 1,350 -

Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post

No, they do seem oddly in-limbo, with just Heathrow T5 and a couple of shops in outlet centres.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post

Chinese brand Seagull have also released something similar, that would be my way of testing the waters on this one.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    That ice blue GS dial is gorgeous but bloody HELL I wish they would put a little bit of their dial development into their bracelets.

Farer have introduced the Baily , a new moonphase . With a natural aventurine dial .

https://wornandwound.com/introducing...enturine-dial/

Last edited by Tazmo61; 2nd May 2024 at 09:07.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post

Reminds me of the old TV test card.

Master
    Yeah I find the 300T a little chunky. The 300 is better but the uptick on price is hard to swallow.

Apart from the 18mm lugs which I'm not too keen on these could solve the issue by being smaller and £400 cheaper
    With the bracelet/rubber strap flare as it comes away from the case, I'm guessing it will wear more like a 20mm though. I'd be interested in seeing the weight listed too (and a comparison to the 300/300T weights).

I'll look forward to seeing some reviews and real world comparison to the 300T.

New releases - random chat

Well its about time, Tudor have finally made a Blackbay 58 GMT, 39mm dia and 12.8mm thick (perfect) and its a coke, thats me sorted then...
    Thanks Tudor, only taken you 5 years to finally deliver a watch I've been waiting for, name down at local dealers...
    Last edited by Martylaa; 9th April 2024 at 15:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Well its about time, Tudor have finally made a Blackbay 58 GMT, 39mm dia and 12.8mm thick (perfect) and its a coke, thats me sorted then...
    Thanks Tudor, only taken you 5 years to finally deliver a watch I've been waiting for, name down at local dealers...
    I mean it is lovely and all but when I see something like this I just think it looks like a Rolex and I might be in a minority but it’s not a look I would wear

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance wheel View Post
    I mean it is lovely and all but when I see something like this I just think it looks like a Rolex and I might be in a minority but it’s not a look I would wear
    Agree. Still can’t get to grips with the fake rivets. That having owned 2 58’s and a 41 GMT. At least this one comes as optional rubber and jubilee bracelet. Even with that it’s far too vintage looking for me. If this had been the current 41 Pepsi in this size I would have been sorely tempted.

Master
    I saw a YouTube short from Bremont announcing the new branding, and wondered why they weren't showing any watches in the video. Now I know why. I can't find anything to like about the Tera Nova, or the new Supermarine, even the bracelets look horrible. Certainly a change of direction for them!

Master
    I guess the honest answer is D - none of the above, as I won’t be getting any of them. Perhaps the Chopard is the prettiest, but it should be at that price. A good effort from Christopher Ward though, the main advantage of the Defy seems to be that it has Zenith written on it.
    Last edited by Itsguy; 27th April 2024 at 13:34.