closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Gaming dilemma: Steam Deck and Xbox One S or Nintendo Switch & Xbox Series X

Threaded View

Gaming dilemma: Steam Deck and Xbox One S or Nintendo Switch & Xbox Series X

I've a small amount of money left over from my annual bonus and I'm looking to expand / upgrade my gaming options.

Currently I have an Xbox One S and I mostly play Forza Motorsport 7, Forza Horizon 4 & 5, GTA 5 and Halo. I've also just bought a 4k TV so upgrading to an Xbox Series X seems appealing although not essential.

I primarily want to add a handheld Console as this will give me a lot more flexibility. Currently I'm mostly limited to late night Xbox sessions when my.wife and daughters are in bed.

The Steam Deck seems to be the prime candidate but even though I'll be buying used it's realy pushing my budget to get one with adequate memory and accessories. So that may not leave much money for games, at least until my birthday in June. I also worry that it may not be a smooth plug and play experience.

The Nintendo Switch appeals because of the low price point (again used) especially if I go for the lite option, and the plug and play usability. If I go for the Switch there should be money left over to then be able to get an Xbox Series X in the near future and sell my current Xbox One S.

So in summary I'm either thinking of:

1. Keeping the Xbox One S and buying a Steam Deck

2. Upgrading to an Xbox Series X and buying a Nintendo Switch (lite?)

I'm struggling to decide from the above options. If I buy the Steam Deck maybe the Xbox will become pretty redundant anyway or if I go for the 2nd option maybe that provides the optimal mix of playing the latest games on Xbox Series X and plug and play handheld gaming on the Swtich?

Any experiences from current owners of these consoles would be helpful please. For example, does the Switch stack up as a handheld gaming console for adults and if so which are the essential / most addictive games? How user friendly is the Steam Deck experience and is it worth the significant premium over the Switch? Where is the best place to buy cheap Steam Deck games?
    Last edited by watchcollector1; 28th March 2024 at 18:41.