closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Paysafecard - any user experience?

Threaded View

Paysafecard - any user experience?

Interesting one this I've never come across paysafecard before. Is it an escrow service?

What's happened is this: I've seen an item for sale I'm interested in (non-watch). Gumtree. I respond via gumtree mail. No reply. Then a reply, "selling the item on behalf of relative, here's the relative's email address".

I email the relative. No response, then a response "I'm working away, if you're interested pay by paysafecard, take delivery and see what you think".

Here's the thing. I want to stick with this. I want the item. I want it badly in fact, too badly. I hope beyond hope that this is for real. My gut feeling says be very cautious.

This is a substantial 3-figure sum. Can I afford to lose it? Well in the circumstances I am prepared to take some risk, but clearly want to minimise this risk.

Anyone know anything about paysafe card? Is the money gone once it's gone, or is it in escrow somewhere? I have suggested I travel to view the item face-to-face, mainly to see what sort of reaction that produces.

Edited to add: I have just noticed this is being offered as "cash on delivery" via DHL. Nothing to lose I suppose.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.
    Last edited by catch21; 15th January 2019 at 18:16.