Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
The answer is pretty simple, don't play Clement Lenglet, third-choice left-sided CB. His needless foul on an Olympiacos player ensured a Villa goal was ruled out. He pushed forward out of position needlessly for the second and he ushered the ball out of play for a corner when he'd clearly touched it last, which led to the penalty. One of their goals was a wicked deflection.

I don't feel humiliated, nor do other Villa fans. We have a return leg (for which Martinez will be fit, and I'm certain Pau Torres will start in place of Lenglet) but if we go out and don't get that Europa League place for winning, we'll just have to put up with the Europa League place we've already secured, or the Champions League place Spurs seem to not want to challenge us for. Bigger fish to fry. We were 17th when Emery took over, finishing fifth or fourth the following season is magnificent. Humiliation is for those teams with much more expensive squads who finish lower in the Premier League than us.
Well said. To be honest last night reminded me of the Leicester hime game last season. Four mistakes, all punished ruthlessly, while we didn't take our own chances.

Need to go a goal up there early on next week, and hope they shit the bed. A goal first for them, and it's game over. If we beat Brighton and Spurs go all Spursy against Liverpool, top 4 is guaranteed and we can then go all in in Athens.

And Ryan, anyone giving it the tediously unfunny "ebening" routine where Emery is concerned is a bit sad if you ask me. The bloke's a genius coach, and he speaks five languages.