closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone fluent Italian here?

Anyone fluent Italian here?

I have been sending some messages on ebay to a seller with a Tudor Chrono. His listing has this text in Italian.

movimento eta 7750 da poco revisionato perfettamente funzionante no box no paper(cassa di fornitura sostituita per usura quindi non tudor dell epoca)solo testa ma con cinturino nato ... Accetto offerte sensate!x qualsiasi domanda non esitate! Prego astenersi perdite di tempo grazie!

If google translate "
    cassa di fornitura sostituita per usura quindi non tudor dell epoca" I get: "cash supply replaced for wear so tudor era of"

I wasn't sure if this refers to the case of the watch or the box it came in. Clueless what "Cassa di fornitura" is. Does anyone know?

I asked the seller but he doesn't seem to speak much English, I got these replies:
    La cassa è stata sostituita!!La cassa è stata sostituita!!
    No è di fornitura!

At this point I thought maybe he simply means he has no box for it, Then came:
    is a case that is not original but compatible aftermarket!

and then:
    we want to be around € 3000 € 1400 coeval no .... good evening!

So is this merely confusion about a box or is there a fake Tudor case involved?

full listing here (1 picture...). Based on just one picture and lack of bracelet this is not for me but still interested what this is.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/331456273819...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

What he's saying is that the box supplied with the watch isn't the original, it is one that he has acquired and not of the correct period, he's not saying it's a fake box just that it's not the original for the watch nor of the correct era.

Thanks. What confused me is that he also mentions "no box no papers" and there is no box in the picture.
    Appreciated!

Craftsman
    As you've noted there's no bracelet
    "solo testa ma con cinturino nato"
    = only the head (body), but with a nato strap.

Craftsman
    Stop there. It has nothing to do with the box. Cassa is the italian name for the watch case. So he's saying that the case has been changed with another one. At best it's a frankentudor,the case and the movement were not born toghether,at worst (and i think it's exactly like this) the case is a compatible case made by who knows. ( di fornitura translates roughly with " from common available parts" )

I am italian,so i would say i am pretty sure of my translation ;-)
    Last edited by maxegb; 25th January 2015 at 20:23.

Quote Originally Posted by maxegb View Post
    Stop there. It has nothing to do with the box. Cassa is the italian name for the watch case. So he's saying that the case has been changed with another one. At best it's a frankentudor,the case and the movement were not born toghether,at worst (and i think it's exactly like this) the case is a compatible case made by who knows. ( di fornitura translates roughly with " from common available parts" )

I am italian,so i would say i am pretty sure of my translation ;-)
    Indeed.

The seller is saying the watch case is a compatible aftermarket case, replaced due to wear and tear to the original. God knows where it came from.

Thanks. Not for me then. Was worth to ask but enough for me to walk away.

Must say he is honest about the case. Probably not easy to tell. Especially not with only one picture.