closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What are you next intending to take a bath on?

Hybrid View

Diamonds. My wife donated a kidney to me 12 days ago. Not out the woods yet, but I'm getting them whatever happens

Master
    I must get one of the previous generations of Breitling Superocean Heritage in blue before they all sell out.

I've seen the new ones last Saturday and they ruined the design with the new hands and larger date window.

Quote Originally Posted by Corporalsparrow View Post
    Diamonds. My wife donated a kidney to me 12 days ago. Not out the woods yet, but I'm getting them whatever happens
    Did she wake up in a bath full of ice on that lovely trip to Thailand you surprised her with or was it voluntary? Either way get well soon and very well played by your wife.
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    Blog Entries
    Ochs and Junior. No idea if I'll ever be brave enough to get order one though

Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    Ochs and Junior. No idea if I'll ever be brave enough to get order one though

Ochs and Junior for me too, but the simpler and more accessible date. Will probably get one when I get remarried, and for the full financial sacrifice, will have a caseback engraving of personal significance, although "cheesy" from an external viewpoint. That should make it unsaleable, although it should be a watch for life.

Dave

seeing those Ochs and Junior watches has reminded me I really want a mih watch. Not that I think you take a bath on those...

Probably yet another Titoni. Almost definitely in fact.

Hope she gets the diamonds soon👍

Master
    Blog Entries
    Hope you both make a speedy recovery and very best wishes for the future

ATB

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Did she wake up in a bath full of ice on that lovely trip to Thailand you surprised her with or was it voluntary? Either way get well soon and very well played by your wife.
    Entirely voluntary (as it must be by law), despite my misgivings. She's doing fine, me less so but still early. The diamonds were ordered pre-op so, yes, she's getting them come what may. Profoundly moving seeing her after waking up. Even more than i thought. The very definition of courage; to do something that you know will hurt like @&"£, but to do it anyway for someone else. She deserves jewels and more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JonRA View Post
    Hope you both make a speedy recovery and very best wishes for the future

ATB

Jon
    Thank you. A lot.

I wish the two of you a very speedy recovery sir.

Entirely voluntary (as it must be by law), despite my misgivings. She's doing fine, me less so but still early. The diamonds were ordered pre-op so, yes, she's getting them come what may. Profoundly moving seeing her after waking up. Even more than i thought. The very definition of courage; to do something that you know will hurt like @&"£, but to do it anyway for someone else. She deserves jewels and more.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you. A lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you. A lot.
    Truly a very special woman!

I wish you both well in your recoveries, she deserves as many diamonds as you can ever afford to buy her.

Entirely voluntary (as it must be by law), despite my misgivings. She's doing fine, me less so but still early. The diamonds were ordered pre-op so, yes, she's getting them come what may. Profoundly moving seeing her after waking up. Even more than i thought. The very definition of courage; to do something that you know will hurt like @&"£, but to do it anyway for someone else. She deserves jewels and more.- - - Updated - - -Thank you. A lot.
    Wish you both a quick recovery! Your wife is a wonderful person, and you are a very lucky one :)

Deleted
    Last edited by Analogue; 15th September 2017 at 02:46.

Craftsman
    I'm looking at a Rolex sub 116613LB or one of the new SS Skydwellers when they land. Given most Rolex models hold their value, I think I'm picking 2 of few that won't.

As has already been said, trust you both make a speedy recovery and your wife enjoys her diamonds!

Wow!

All the best to you and your lovely wife.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Thank you very much for your messages. They're good to hear.

However, it's only fair that i don't highjack this thread so...back on topic: A 16750 matt dialled Rolex GMT is also on the list to drop a shedload on. It will be nice to get past all this hospital nonsense and get back to buying watches. Like normal.

Thank you very much for your messages. They're good to hear.

However, it's only fair that i don't highjack this thread so...back on topic: A 16750 matt dialled Rolex GMT is also on the list to drop a shedload on. It will be nice to get past all this hospital nonsense and get back to buying watches. Like normal.
    You're not likely to take a bath on that though are you? Bought wisely you're unlikely to lose anything.

Sounds like your wife is a diamond! Good luck and get well soon to you both.

As far as my next expense, I've wanted a Monaco for a long time, I don't have the funds now so I can't get the one on SC, a bargain that would seriously offset any losses, so I'm probably left with a grey market one when I can scare up the cash!

I wish the two of you the very best and a speedy recovery.