closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bitcoin

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by GC2012 View Post
    Probably a bit off topic here but has anyone used Coinbase. Whilst sat travelling the other day I ended up putting a small amount of money on Litecoin to see how it would pan out and it has increased, I dont want to cash out but after seeing numerous cr*p reviews online it seems I am unlikely to actually get the money back from them?
    Though I've never sold on Coinbase I've had no problems sending to other platforms. Maybe easier to do this?

Litecoin has risen spectacularly recenlty BTW!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Though I've never sold on Coinbase I've had no problems sending to other platforms. Maybe easier to do this?

Litecoin has risen spectacularly recenlty BTW!

From the little but I have read it seems to best thing to do, I will look in to it. Any recommendations on other platforms?

It has in deed, I put £50 on it the other day to see how it would go and now its at £125.
    I might put a couple of hundred on it and leave it for a while, its not money I will miss and it seems to be heading one way!

Quote Originally Posted by GC2012 View Post
    From the little but I have read it seems to best thing to do, I will look in to it. Any recommendations on other platforms?
    I've never sold, so can't advise. Usually buy on Coinbase then send to hardware wallet.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I've never sold, so can't advise. Usually buy on Coinbase then send to hardware wallet.
    Oh God yes, I forgot this point. The first thing you buy is a decent hardware wallet. It's not quite the same as withdrawal to the bank, but it's the next best thing. Then put it in a nice solid box and connect it once and once only to a nice long lead so you don't risk any physical stress or harm at all. Bear in mind that actually dumping money out of coinbase and into your bank is a palaver that you can't immediately achieve so set up the capability with returning a small sum to the bank. In fact if there is one other thing I've learned, practice and test anything you might want to do with small sums a couple of times before committing real money.

Craftsman

No problem. Just reading all sorts on line at the moment and it seems common to send from Coinbase to GDAX (same/similar owned company)?

Last week I invented my own system called cryptochainblock100%, so called because it doubles in value everyday! It's great. I put £10 in the spreadsheet last week and now it's worth £1280.

If anyone wants to invest just send me £10, I'll add you to the spreadsheet and you can watch your money grow too.

You can't get your money out again unfortunately, ever, but who would want to when it'll double in a day anyway? Bingo!

Master
    No problem buying/selling on coinbase, easy to transfer in and to 'withdraw' into a Trezor.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by catch21 View Post
    Last week I invented my own system called cryptochainblock100%, so called because it doubles in value everyday! It's great. I put £10 in the spreadsheet last week and now it's worth £1280.

If anyone wants to invest just send me £10, I'll add you to the spreadsheet and you can watch your money grow too.

You can't get your money out again unfortunately, ever, but who would want to when it'll double in a day anyway? Bingo!
    Cool, meanwhile back in the tech savvy world, I 'bred' and sold something similar to the duck above last saturday for about seventy quid and, just to test the system, moved half the money back to coinbase with ease (well, there were delays due to congestion, but it took about three hours in total) and thus out to my bank account. I can get the money out of the wall if you want and buy a small lump of gold, because paper money is itself a fiat currency. You could draw a five pound note too, but I think it would be about as useful.

I'm not saying that there are not risks, In fact I have rather explicitly said there are, but just like buying a Rolex on ebay, common sense, care and a bit of knowledge win the day.

Master
    is revolut not the best way to trade in smaller amounts of bitcoin? instant conversion to euro or gbp

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    is revolut not the best way to trade in smaller amounts of bitcoin? instant conversion to euro or gbp
    That's what I'll be testing. Have transferred some Eur into exchange account and bought ETH or BTC - will now try and realise the gain into hard currency via Revolut.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    Yes, but you don't own the private keys so you wouldn't get the benefits in the case of a fork in the blkchn.

That might not be a huge consideration, but worth thinking about.