closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Panerai appreciation thread

Hybrid View

My 560 is pretty much my daily wearer, lucky to pick this one up second hand for a good price, in-house manual 8day movement and sandwich dial. Also just picked up the waterproof OEM gold cashmere strap which is lovely.

As with all Panerai's lime is great & often act as my clock when the little one is not sleeping, she also loves the crown guard lever.

From what I can sense the way the company is moving in the slightly wrong direction, higher RRP, lessor in-house 3day movements, painted lume and snap on case backs. Although the newer materials being used are a plus, just wish they'd make less 47mm and maybe go for 42mm base.

Love the brand, don't see many in the wild, had great experiences at the boutiques in London & NY. Plus instantly recognisable, great history and unique.

Grand Master
    Great thread, I think as a forum we had forgot the lure of Panerai, yes it is easy to throw mud at the brand but they manage to be super cool, different, and classic all in one piece and anyone who has been in and out of them knows that they always end up coming back to a Pam of some sort in the collection.
    RIAC

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Great thread, I think as a forum we had forgot the lure of Panerai, yes it is easy to throw mud at the brand but they manage to be super cool, different, and classic all in one piece and anyone who has been in and out of them knows that they always end up coming back to a Pam of some sort in the collection.
    I agree. I think its is an often misunderstood brand, which hasnt been helped by poor management and over zealous marketing by Richemont. But if you take their models, I find many of their movements are quite solid, like for example the P.9010 has a double bridge anchor, 28800 BPH, 72HR PR, Hacking, Quick Hour. Its honestly a solid movement, or even their hand wound ones like the P2002. This coupled with a design that has in many ways stood the test of time, as its not a brand new design, it was actually the design of the tools used in the military so there is some heritage there too.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    it was actually the design of the tools used in the military so there is some heritage there too.
    Before we get too carried away it was The Italian Military!
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Before we get too carried away it was The Italian Military!
    Love that!!

Great pics Gents and thank you all for including the model numbers...

Now somebody post pictures of a 944 please!!!