closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Pizza Thread.... show off...

Hybrid View

Over the weekend I was the very lucky recipient of an Ooni 3! Had an initial play using some Just-Rol sourdough, which through a combination of piss poor technique on my part and it being a bit reluctant to stretch meant smaller pizzas and thicker bases than I would ideally like and also resulted in the first one getting a bit lost inside the oven as I alunced it too far back and couldn't retrieve it with the handleless Ooni paddle without setting fire to my fingers! However, initial teething issues aside, the next few were really very tasy indeed and already better than anything I've bought from a supermarket, so happy days!.

Regards the Ooni 3 (for anyone thinking of taking the plunge), it really feels like a great bit of kit. Easy to light even using pellets, get's up to temp in 10 minutes or less and a quick scoop of pellets between pizzas to get the temp back up makes it pretty easy to keep it burning nicely. Only issue I had is the stone arrived cracked in half, but Ooni have already put another n the post, so great customer service too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtennisguru View Post
    Over the weekend I was the very lucky recipient of an Ooni 3! Had an initial play using some Just-Rol sourdough, which through a combination of piss poor technique on my part and it being a bit reluctant to stretch meant smaller pizzas and thicker bases than I would ideally like and also resulted in the first one getting a bit lost inside the oven as I alunced it too far back and couldn't retrieve it with the handleless Ooni paddle without setting fire to my fingers! However, initial teething issues aside, the next few were really very tasy indeed and already better than anything I've bought from a supermarket, so happy days!.

Regards the Ooni 3 (for anyone thinking of taking the plunge), it really feels like a great bit of kit. Easy to light even using pellets, get's up to temp in 10 minutes or less and a quick scoop of pellets between pizzas to get the temp back up makes it pretty easy to keep it burning nicely. Only issue I had is the stone arrived cracked in half, but Ooni have already put another n the post, so great customer service too.
    It is a great bit of kit. The pizza app is very useful and so is a wooden peel for launching with semolina flour on it. The first few I did ended up getting folded over in the oven when launching so my stone is a right blackened mess from the burnt on toppings, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    It is a great bit of kit. The pizza app is very useful and so is a wooden peel for launching with semolina flour on it. The first few I did ended up getting folded over in the oven when launching so my stone is a right blackened mess from the burnt on toppings, lol.
    Yeah, my first one folded and got stuck at the back near the flame guard. My stone is equally blackened, but I've been using the broken stone whilst I wait for the replacement, so am not that bothered! The broken stone does make geting the peel under the pizza tricky though!

Have ordered a wooden one from Amazon, along with some flour as the just-rol dough is pretty good, but really want to try making my own to see how that comes out.