closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: When stocks rebound, WHERE best to invest?

Hybrid View

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Your right, I'm getting more emails from past businesses I have dealt with touting for trade and I cant help but feel sorry for them.

Also had a double glazing company call this evening as I spoke with them about 18 months ago, they gave me the usual "we're in your area and have special deals, once these deals are finished it will be much more expensive"

I thought, just be honest mate, your struggling and touting for work and still using the same old sales tricks, I would much rather an upfront approach of, we're in bad times and have cut our prices to keep the business and employees going, any windows you might be thinking of changing please let us know as we would really appreciate your consideration.
    A tough recession seems inevitable. There will be failed businesses and significant job losses which take time to rebuild.

All these government packages just seem the be loading up businesses with more debt with no idea of how long this will last. Looking towards Italy we have not even started here yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    A tough recession seems inevitable. There will be failed businesses and significant job losses which take time to rebuild.

All these government packages just seem the be loading up businesses with more debt with no idea of how long this will last. Looking towards Italy we have not even started here yet.
    Well, true lockdown would eradicate things within 2 weeks, at least within each country - so a concerted and joined up effort could and would sort this relatively quickly.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Well, true lockdown would eradicate things within 2 weeks, at least within each country - so a concerted and joined up effort could and would sort this relatively quickly.
    Note sure of your sources, China has been locked down longer than that and still has issues.

Regarding the OPs assertion it’s not what to buy when it bounces back but when can we be confident the virus period is over ...

Note sure of your sources, China has been locked down longer than that and still has issues.

Regarding the OPs assertion it’s not what to buy when it bounces back but when can we be confident the virus period is over ...
    I believe the correct question is: when is the best time to buy what market segment?

I think different companies and different sectors will bounce back quicker, or lag behind longer. An index tracker will smooth that out for you, but will also "dull" the benefits of the upswing. Picking the right stocks, the right industries, AND the right timing will be a real challenge in this market we're now pioneering. It's not for the faint of heart.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    I believe the correct question is: when is the best time to buy what market segment?

I think different companies and different sectors will bounce back quicker, or lag behind longer. An index tracker will smooth that out for you, but will also "dull" the benefits of the upswing. Picking the right stocks, the right industries, AND the right timing will be a real challenge in this market we're now pioneering. It's not for the faint of heart.
    Indeed, can believe the hit Hilton have taken, you’d need some nuts to dive into that.

Very true, apart from doing shop runs/maintenance jobs for people I'm using time at home to get a better education on stocks/ETF's and find it very interesting, I have had a little play with some cheap shares and done okay.

As time goes by I will narrow down certain sectors and watch shares within those sectors, getting this right could determine a big part of your and your families future, its not lost on me that many investor websites are saying this could be the best possible time in history to buy into stocks, yes there is a tragic element to all this but as I said before that is on other threads and this thread is about the economic side to the epidemic.

I am not even thinking of buying, if I still had equities I would be looking to sell.

In my eyes, this down market has a long way to go.

Can’t agree more, theres no ‘blood on the streets’ yet

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    I am not even thinking of buying, if I still had equities I would be looking to sell.

In my eyes, this down market has a long way to go.
    No equities? Recent unload?

Some alarming comparisons.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...-a9412221.html

I sold all of my liquid risky assets between October and February, that includes stocks, currencies, funds and most of my valuable watches. I had some short positions, which I closed this week, except for a very strategic short Euro / long US Dollar position (which I am looking to increase).

Some alarming comparisons.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...-a9412221.html

Wow! What a buying opportunity!

? Then it hasn’t been under a “true lockdown” has it?! Without the ability for transmission, it would be eradicated in each locked down setting within 14 days. These facts are known, and easily researchable.

Also, China is stating no newly transmitted cases within the country.

It can only last a max of 3 days on surfaces for example.

Locking down a community, will just allow transmission within each community. Locking down each home is likely to be a next/later step.
    It's just a matter of time...