closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 218 of 365 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268318 ... LastLast
Results 10,851 to 10,900 of 18224

Thread: More bike related stuff

This is an absolute bargain for someone at £2699!

Very clean, very low mileage 1996 Fireblade from Billy’s in Billingshurst. Great bike, still too much for the road and an appreciating asset.

https://youtu.be/RGhZ8QXzQSo

Out for a blat about this evening locally.

Customary 'Chrome Hill in the background' pic...

Highest village in Britain pic...

Closer to Chrome Hill pics...

Master
    MCH well done for getting out. I went to a bike meet last night arrived at 7:15 pm ish left an hour later and it was getting dark. Our evening rides are defo drawing in. Didnt realise how orange a 1977 front headlight beam was!

Well, later this afternoon I'll be dropping a large box of TTR bits off at Triumph North London, and then taking away with me the stock seat and the Triumph 40L roll bag. Then - at 9.00 tomorrow morning - I'll be swapping the bikes over.

I'm VERY excited at the world of riding that this change of direction will open up for me, and will immediately be taking my first trip (to the H Cafe in Wallingford) with another of our TZ bikers

(If I'm not mistaken we stopped there during the big TZ ride-out a couple of years ago.)
    Last edited by learningtofly; 27th August 2021 at 07:09.

More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    at 9.00 tomorrow morning - I'll be swapping the bikes over.
    Have a great day Tony, I’m excited for you and I’m looking forward to seeing the pics and hearing your thoughts, enjoy and have a great ride out.

I’m still looking for something that will suit both myself and Mrs C, she doesn’t always ride with me but she does enjoy riding pillion but needs something to feel safe and secure on, I was sure the Tangerine Dream would fit the bill but she couldn’t get on with it. Unfortunately, two bikes isn’t the answer this time :(

Well, later this afternoon I'll be dropping a large box of TTR bits off at Triumph North London, and then taking away with me the stock seat and the Triumph 40L roll bag. Then - at 9.00 tomorrow morning - I'll be swapping the bikes over.

I'm VERY excited at the world of riding that this change of direction will open up for me, and will immediately be taking my first trip (to the H Cafe in Wallingford) with another of our TZ bikers

(If I'm not mistaken we stopped there during the big TZ ride-out a couple of years ago.)
    Love the feeling of picking up a new bike. Best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    Have a great day Tony, I’m excited for you and I’m looking forward to seeing the pics and hearing your thoughts, enjoy and have a great ride out.

I’m still looking for something that will suit both myself and Mrs C, she doesn’t always ride with me but she does enjoy riding pillion but needs something to feel safe and secure on, I was sure the Tangerine Dream would fit the bill but she couldn’t get on with it. Unfortunately, two bikes isn’t the answer this time :(
    Thanks Greg. Shame about Tangerine Dream, but in fairness the R9T seats struggle to provide comfort for one.

Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    Love the feeling of picking up a new bike. Best of luck
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    Unfortunately, two bikes isn’t the answer this time :(
    Well obviously the answer is 3 or 4...

For a second bike I’m soo torn between two.

Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 or the Triumph Trident 660.

Two different looking bikes but for the same reason just a nice bike to ride out instead of getting the Multistrada out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my, what have I done?

Arranged to lose your license next month.

Nice machine!

Just a quick update on this, but this morning I paid a deposit on a new 900 GT Pro.
    I've booked a test ride on a 900 GT Pro in a couple of weeks.

I hold you responsible for whatever happens

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    Well obviously the answer is 3 or 4...
    I can only dream

I've booked a test ride on a 900 GT Pro in a couple of weeks.

I hold you responsible for whatever happens
    You'll bloody love it!

You'll bloody love it!
    I went in to book the Scrambler in for its annual service and threw my leg over one (GT Pro - standard seat on low position) and could almost flat foot it!

So tried a GT Pro Low (standard seat in high position) and could definitely flat foot it!

Game on!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Oh my, what have I done?
    That is lovely Dave. was so close to buying one myself but it was black and I really wanted a green one and knew id regret it. looks to be nicely sorted too. let us know what you think when you've taken it for a 'propr' ride!

Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    That is lovely Dave. was so close to buying one myself but it was black and I really wanted a green one and knew id regret it. looks to be nicely sorted too. let us know what you think when you've taken it for a 'propr' ride!
    Cheers, I’m looking forward to having a play on it.

I’ve a friend had one for work; says they’re rock steady at speeds in excess of 180mph! Legally for him too as he’s part of an MOD rapid response team.

Master
    Oh my, what have I done?
    Dave my pal had one ( now replaced with a tuned H2). I rode over the mountain course at the IOM. He left me as he was cruising at 180 mph. His had a power commander and was making 185 bhp at the rear wheel. Riding behind him ( where else) the smell of unburnt fuel flowing out of his Yoshi pipes was comical, until he twisted the right wrist, then its just like a Playstation game !

Hmmm.... maybe its the depreciation proof classic supersports bike im looking for.........or maybe I just want one!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    For a second bike I’m soo torn between two.

Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 or the Triumph Trident 660.

Two different looking bikes but for the same reason just a nice bike to ride out instead of getting the Multistrada out.

Marty these two bikes are streets apart. Twin triple bhp nearly double the other, one is analog the other high tech. Try before you buy :)

I know mate, my good friend had just purchased a RE Interceptor, I’m going to arrange a test drive finally this week, also going to have a drive up to Newcastle and see about test driving a Street Twin and the Trident.

Just love the idea of opening the garage and deciding to pick a smaller bike for a ride out at leisurely speeds on a retro looking bike, Trident tbh came out of me reading reviews and talking to a guy in Bowness last week as he pulled up on his.

I went in to book the Scrambler in for its annual service and threw my leg over one (GT Pro - standard seat on low position) and could almost flat foot it!

So tried a GT Pro Low (standard seat in high position) and could definitely flat foot it!

Game on!
    The GT Low won’t take a centre stand but the GT Pro with a low seat is perfect for the shorter legged.

I know mate, my good friend had just purchased a RE Interceptor, I’m going to arrange a test drive finally this week, also going to have a drive up to Newcastle and see about test driving a Street Twin and the Trident.

Just love the idea of opening the garage and deciding to pick a smaller bike for a ride out at leisurely speeds on a retro looking bike, Trident tbh came out of me reading reviews and talking to a guy in Bowness last week as he pulled up on his.

That’s the trouble with bikes these days, see one, want one, they’re all so good for so many different reasons.

Master
    Having sold my TL and vfr1200 I’m quite happy to be down to one bike now. Motorways can be a bit arduous but keeps me legalish…but living in Somerset who needs a motorway :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Plake View Post
    This is an absolute bargain for someone at £2699!

Very clean, very low mileage 1996 Fireblade from Billy’s in Billingshurst. Great bike, still too much for the road and an appreciating asset.

https://youtu.be/RGhZ8QXzQSo
    Actually rang them today but it has gone...

Having sold my Speed Twin as I can't justify having so much money tied up in a bike I don't use much, thinking an inexpensive classic like this might fit the bill as a replacement. I've convinced myself that as I am pretty fit and not overweight these days I can cope with a more extreme riding position, bearing in mind I probably wouldn't ride it for more than hour in a go. As I had the day off as I had to take my wife and son to the airport I even popped over to the local Honda dealer and had a sit on a 2010 fireblade and I think it's ok.

I've seen another much cheaper one that is higher mileage and grottier but not terrible that I might consider, I don't mind a bit of a project, as long as fundamentally it's sound.

Also looking at Ducati Monster S4s and Kawasaki GPZ900Rs (although these seem probably out of budget, prices starting to go up).

Any other ideas along these lines? Budget £3k but ideally £2.5k. Requirement is sporty ageing classic that isn't going to depreciate, the sort of thing I would have hankered after after reading the reviews back in the day...

ETA Obviously I am looking at usual sites (eBay, Autotrader, MCN but if anyone knows of anything suitable elsewhere please let me know.
    Last edited by SimonH; 27th August 2021 at 22:18.

NEW BIKE DAY TONY! Looking forward to all the pics and the mini day one review you'll pot later today.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Any other ideas along these lines? Budget £3k but ideally £2.5k. Requirement is sporty ageing classic that isn't going to depreciate, the sort of thing I would have hankered after after reading the reviews back in the day...

ETA Obviously I am looking at usual sites (eBay, Autotrader, MCN but if anyone knows of anything suitable elsewhere please let me know.
    The TRX850 may be up your street although they’re getting hard to find below £3k these days. Also, the ZX9R (98 on) is still under appreciated.

The TRX850 may be up your street although they’re getting hard to find below £3k these days. Also, the ZX9R (98 on) is still under appreciated.

I'll second the ZX9R suggestion. Easily within budget and an awesome bike for the money. Great all rounder and easily usable for touring too.

Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    NEW BIKE DAY TONY! Looking forward to all the pics and the mini day one review you'll pot later today.
    I'm so excited!!! I'm collecting it at 9.15, after which I'll be popping home to drop off my backpack and fit the phone mount. Then I'm off to meet Ian/I a n and take a ride out to the H.

I'll try to get some decent shots, but will definitely post something about my first impressions (although I've already tested the bike over a couple of hours, so I know what to expect).

Tomorrow I'll be going to football on it (I have an arrangement to use a car park near the ground) and then on Tuesday I'm planning to take a ride to Leigh-On-Sea... no idea why, just seemed like a good idea at the time! (In fact, I'm off work the whole of next week so there'll be at least one other trip to the coast.)
    Last edited by learningtofly; 28th August 2021 at 11:09.

Master

Having sold my Speed Twin as I can't justify having so much money tied up in a bike I don't use much, thinking an inexpensive classic like this might fit the bill as a replacement. I've convinced myself that as I am pretty fit and not overweight these days I can cope with a more extreme riding position, bearing in mind I probably wouldn't ride it for more than hour in a go. As I had the day off as I had to take my wife and son to the airport I even popped over to the local Honda dealer and had a sit on a 2010 fireblade and I think it's ok.

I've seen another much cheaper one that is higher mileage and grottier but not terrible that I might consider, I don't mind a bit of a project, as long as fundamentally it's sound.

Simon top of budget , but this site tends to attract sellers who want fixed price , and is free so might be a different range of bikes

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1372906

Steve

I'm so excited!!! I'm collecting it at 9.15, after which I'll be popping home to drop off my backpack and fit the phone mount. Then I'm off to meet Ian/I a n and take a ride out the the H.

I'll try to get some decent shots, but will definitely post something about my first impressions (although I've already tested the bike over a couple of hours, so I know what to expect).

Tomorrow I'll be going to football on it (I have an arrangement to use a car park near the ground) and then on Tuesday I'm planning to take a ride to Leigh-On-Sea... no idea why, just seemed like a good idea at the time! (In fact, I'm off work the whole of next week so there'll be at least one other trip to the coast.)
    Nice! A new bike day is a good day. Looks like a nice weather week for riding too, which is literally never my experience on getting a new one. I’m like a rain generator.

Also looking at Ducati Monster S4s and Kawasaki GPZ900Rs (although these seem probably out of budget, prices starting to go up).

Your logic is sound lol.

Good luck and enjoy the search!

Quote Originally Posted by Plake View Post
    Nice! A new bike day is a good day. Looks like a nice weather week for riding too, which is literally never my experience on getting a new one. I’m like a rain generator.
    I know - how lucky is that?

Now at home with the beast, and the phone mount is on. So far, so good

Quote Originally Posted by Stilgoe1972 View Post
    Having sold my TL and vfr1200 I’m quite happy to be down to one bike now. Motorways can be a bit arduous but keeps me legalish…but living in Somerset who needs a motorway :)

Now that is seriously cool.
    Oh my, what have I done?
    Absolute bullet train. I love it.

Master
    Spent the morning totally degreasing,cleaning and relubing the chain/ sprocket and back wheel area
    Very humid down south - just took the bike for a blast along the coast - good to be back on 2 (motorised) wheels again
    Untitled by biglewie, on Flickr

Master
    For info Chainspeed are offering upto 15% off this bank holiday weekend. Includes the Denali range.

https://chainspeed.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Stilgoe1972 View Post

That talks to me. I wanted it, but need something that could eat the motorway miles. One day…..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavham View Post
    That talks to me. I wanted it, but need something that could eat the motorway miles. One day…..
    Engine wise it’s happy at motorway speeds but the lack of wind protection takes the fun out of it. Great for everything else though. A cheaply VFR800 or old CBR600 would be handy as a second bike if you did lots of motorway miles which luckily I don’t. I did the Atlantic Highway in June on it and it was the best ride I’ve ever had in the U.K in 21 years and I don’t think I went over 60mph. Great fun.

I went to check out an ultra low mile Honda SP1 this afternoon. Currently, I am doing the man maths but I am pretty keen.

I would need to lose my GS to get it, but I could persuade myself...!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Spent the morning totally degreasing,cleaning and relubing the chain/ sprocket and back wheel area
    Very humid down south - just took the bike for a blast along the coast - good to be back on 2 (motorised) wheels again
    Untitled by biglewie, on Flickr
    Paul that definitely looks like a quality chain eg DID not the rubbish BM shipped with. Glad you are loving two wheels (motorised) again.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post
    I went to check out an ultra low mile Honda SP1 this afternoon. Currently, I am doing the man maths but I am pretty keen.

I would need to lose my GS to get it, but I could persuade myself...!
    John let me help you a SP1 will go up in value, a GS wont, unless its a GS80 Dakar etc

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    John let me help you a SP1 will go up in value, a GS wont, unless its a GS80 Dakar etc
    I know...

But, it is a bit more nuanced.

My GS is 9,000 miler 1995 R1100 that looks brand new. So it will appreciate, but probably slowly.

The SP1 is mint and is a 4,000 miler. However, it is priced right at the top of the market, so any gains will take time and the dealer premium needs to be factored in.

Decisions, decisions!

Master

The Trident seems to be a good package , so much so this weeks MCN previews a 660 Adventure bike , same frame just different wheels fairing seat etc. Looks to be a logical extension of the well proven Triumph triple motor

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post
    I know...

But, it is a bit more nuanced.

My GS is 9,000 miler 1995 R1100 that looks brand new. So it will appreciate, but probably slowly.

The SP1 is mint and is a 4,000 miler. However, it is priced right at the top of the market, so any gains will take time and the dealer premium needs to be factored in.

Decisions, decisions!
    John the Honda pool is bigger than the BMW for nostalgia. In my simple world I would keep both!

SP1 Sp2 are seminal bikes different market , BM made a problem for themselves as the 1100/1150/1200/1250 all morphed into each other. Great bikes but owners upgraded to get the latest “ xyz” . Not so with the SP’s they were just special. A lad I know used to hit more than double the Uk speed limit on his Sp2 going to work every day in the 2000’s and wait for the letter popping through the door.

More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    John the Honda pool is bigger than the BMW for nostalgia. In my simple world I would keep both!

SP1 Sp2 are seminal bikes different market , BM made a problem for themselves as the 1100/1150/1200/1250 all morphed into each other. Great bikes but owners upgraded to get the latest “ xyz” . Not so with the SP’s they were just special. A lad I know used to hit more than double the Uk speed limit on his Sp2 going to work every day in the 2000’s and wait for the letter popping through the door.
    SP1 is a beautiful bike. The HRC lineage arguably ended there.

I have a 4,000 miler 2002 R1100S in the garage too, so it would be a swap out for the GS.

Do I keep the two BMWs, or have two sports bikes??

https://i.imgur.com/HDo1tVi.jpg
    Just bought this one to replace one of my others, my 6th or 7th GS, never been disappointed with a GS ,was tempted with a multistrada v4s but got a good deal on this year+ old one….

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Just bought this one to replace one of my others, my 6th or 7th GS, never been disappointed with a GS ,was tempted with a multistrada v4s but got a good deal on this year+ old one….
    Great colour scheme. I've had three and wouldn't rule out a 4th. Think I'd try a regular GS next time rather than the GS, bit more manageable.

Master
    Oops

Oops