closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anybody who has ZEN Fttp plus digital voice?

Blog Entries

Anybody who has ZEN Fttp plus digital voice?

Hi Guys

Fttp is arrived to my street, and was thinking of getting Zen because of the excellent reviews. They offer VoIP as “digital voice”, and would be ok for the very few times I use landline. Or I could do with a separate VoIP provider.

Anybody has experience of this combo?

Thanks
    FRANCO, Sheffield

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Hi Guys

Fttp is arrived to my street, and was thinking of getting Zen because of the excellent reviews. They offer VoIP as “digital voice”, and would be ok for the very few times I use landline. Or I could do with a separate VoIP provider.

Anybody has experience of this combo?

Thanks
    FRANCO, Sheffield
    TBH if I went FTTP I'd ditch the landline, sadly I'm FTTC with ZEN and have been for ages.

My mother recently changed over to Zen ( FTTC again ) and they do digital voice out the back of the supplied router.

Master
    Franco cant comment on the Voip facility but we have Zen fibre to the plot in our new build for 2.5 years. In that time we have had zero issues, no disconnects or outages. We went for 100 mb download and i have never seen it below, is usually 105. We could have opted for 1GB download.

Not the cheapest, but great quality.

Master
    A zen user for nigh on 20 years & a fttp user since before digital voice was a thing.

My question is do you care about the existing land line number?

There are numerous reports about the porting process when moving between fttp providers the digital voice aspect becomes an issue & new numbers are issued.

If the number was important to me I’d look at moving it to an voip provider independent of my isp, sipgate or voipfone come to mind but there are many players in this market.

This needs to be done prior to moving isp’s however this can also trigger a termination of the existing adsl broadband line, despite fttp & voip being around for years our isps can still be somewhat inept.

If I didn’t care about the number & it likely changing if/when I switched isp’s then no real issues with digital voice offerings.
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 1st February 2023 at 00:16.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Captain
    yes, will go with Zen and their Digital voice. Shame will have to change ny DECT Panasonic phones, don't think they do voip.
    Best
    franco

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Thanks Captain
    yes, will go with Zen and their Digital voice. Shame will have to change ny DECT Panasonic phones, don't think they do voip.
    Best
    franco
    Are you sure?

My understanding is the supplied router hub box thing will have a standard bt analog line socket on it for you to connect your existing phone to

Note: don’t take my word for it check for yourself ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Are you sure?

My understanding is the supplied router hub box thing will have a standard bt analog line socket on it for you to connect your existing phone to

Note: don’t take my word for it check for yourself ;-)
    That’s how it works on virgin. Stick a normal phone like in the back of the router. Old phone will probably be ok.

SydR
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    That’s how it works on virgin. Stick a normal phone like in the back of the router. Old phone will probably be ok.
    Same for me on Hyperoptic with the Nokia HA-140W-B router.

I would imagine that this is the norm.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SydR View Post
    Same for me on Hyperoptic with the Nokia HA-140W-B router.

I would imagine that this is the norm.

Thanks all of you, that would be excellent.