closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Artemis moon watch?

Artemis moon watch?

I've been following the Artemis mission to go back to the moon with interest and have seen the new spacesuit that is being developed -https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-64965767
    Obviously got me thinking if any new moon watches are in development, and if it would be a mechanical or are we now in the realms of smartwatches for ev work etc. Would love to see a new Fortis chrono taken to the moon. So what do we think might be in the pipeline? Or will it just come down to each astronauts personal preference?

Craftsman
    Great question, after taking a look at the new spacesuits, they look like something Red Bull pilots would be wearing and as for an Artemis moonwatch, whatever they pick "will" be the "first" watch to go to the moon anyway

I think mechanical watches may still be the way to go for EV activities as they are more resistant to the extremes of temperature and radiation than a digital device.

So it wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Omega Speedmaster return.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caruso View Post
    I think mechanical watches may still be the way to go for EV activities as they are more resistant to the extremes of temperature and radiation than a digital device.

So it wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Omega Speedmaster return.
    on watchuseek there have been posts of the Omega X-33 being worn outside the suit in EVA - there maybe your answer!

Perhaps a chance to bring out another special edition.

Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 18th March 2023 at 08:54.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG