Results 14,701 to 14,750 of 18100

Thread: More bike related stuff

Finally fitted my handguards

I predict it will now warm up and stop raining

Craftsman

More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Where have you been since 1951 :)

They have always been around and trade heavily on classic fit.
    I know, it’s shameful! I’ve only just come across them now I’m a Triumph owning hipster after selling the Africa Twin. My dirty old adventure bike gear just simply won’t do on a ride out on the Speed Twin this summer.
    The Goldtop jackets look like good value for money when you look at the safety ratings and quality. Just wondered if anyone had any real world experience away from the YouTube channels trying to sell me one.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Front and rear indicators?

I spent £1000 on suspension on a £3500 bike, best performance upgrade I have ever done. Within a mile I thought they had bled my brakes, as the bike just stopped flat, no fork dive. The tracking through long sweeping bends was on another level. Over on the GS forum an ex plod rider recons correctly set up suspension is worth an extra 15 bhp!
    Yes, they should look a lot better.

If I spend that sort of money on suspension I would want it setting up properly, the progressive front springs with preload adjusters from TEC look ok and I’m undecided about the rear yet. I do want black on black though.

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    My brothers new bike

I think it looks fantastic in that colour.

Looking forward to getting rid of his chicken strips for him once it's run in
    Maybe a bit 'loud' colour for me - but that will be a great bike for real roads!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    Yes, they should look a lot better.

If I spend that sort of money on suspension I would want it setting up properly, the progressive front springs with preload adjusters from TEC look ok and I’m undecided about the rear yet. I do want black on black though.
    I went with Wilburs via Revs in Halesowen who sadly have stopped doing installs. I went progressive fork springs and remote adjustable rear shock. This was all set for me my wife and luggage. As the owner and rider the ride was transformed, but……….when it comes to trade in they count for nothing. My regret was not doing the upgrade sooner, thus you get more miles per £.

My brothers new bike

I was looking at that exact bike today, and I also LOVE the colour. I think it's the default colour for the (consumer/road) Moto2 as well.

My brothers new bike
    Agreed. Looks awesome.

I really ought to try one. And a Tiger 660. And a Rocket 3 GT. And...

I went with Wilburs via Revs in Halesowen who sadly have stopped doing installs. I went progressive fork springs and remote adjustable rear shock. This was all set for me my wife and luggage. As the owner and rider the ride was transformed, but……….when it comes to trade in they count for nothing. My regret was not doing the upgrade sooner, thus you get more miles per £.
    Sure - for trade-ins, but refit the originals and sell on the Ohlins/Maxton/Wilbers/Ktech gear privately, and the cost to you is pretty attractive.

I have 3 bikes with Ohlins, and one with Wilbers.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I put one on my Street Twin. Loved the look.
    I have one on my Scrambler 1200 ….. love it but a sod to clean between the gaps:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Stilgoe1972 View Post
    I have one on my Scrambler 1200 ….. love it but a sod to clean between the gaps:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The good thing about these ones is there are two small screws and off it comes. I think yours is a headlight off jobbie to remove it if I recall correctly? Which is a bit of a pain if so, looks great though.
    Last edited by Craizeehair; 24th March 2023 at 22:03.

That looks awesome in that colour scheme... just right for summer. i'm going to test one at my local dealer.

i haven't ridden a tripple for years, so be interesting to try a new one.

My brothers new bike

First time out in ages this morning. Boring choice I know but such a great bike on a dull windy day to raise a smile on my face!

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    First time out in ages this morning. Boring choice I know but such a great bike on a dull windy day to raise a smile on my face!
    There is a reason there are so many GS on the roads.....................................

Fantastically-capable bikes that on real roads - soak up the bumps on bends, where sports bikes start to hop. Got 500 miles to knock out in a day - you'll get off it the way you got on.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    Finally fitted my handguards

I predict it will now warm up and stop raining
    I hope you're right.

I'm getting sick and tired of the fecking rain spoiling play down here in Devon.

=)

The old bus passed its MOT without issue today.

All I have done so far this year, is take one bike for an MOT, and played musical chairs with bikes, lawnmower and snowblower in the garage..............

Not quite confident enough to move the snowblower to the back of the garage yet, though.....................

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyf View Post
    The Goldtop jackets look like good value for money when you look at the safety ratings and quality. Just wondered if anyone had any real world experience away from the YouTube channels trying to sell me one.
    Being a triumph riding hipster I have the goldtop Marino wool submariner jumper and a pair of their Marino wool lined gauntlets.
    Both are extremely well made and feel high quality. I haven’t tried any of their leather jackets but I suspect they’ll be pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Being a triumph riding hipster I have the goldtop Marino wool submariner jumper and a pair of their Marino wool lined gauntlets.
    Both are extremely well made and feel high quality. I haven’t tried any of their leather jackets but I suspect they’ll be pretty good.
    Goldtop or Lewis Leathers was the choice when we were in our teens… both were great quality then and both are great quality now, but only one looks like great value (hint: it’s not Lewis Leathers).

I was at Goldtop’s new place in Essex not that long ago… worth a visit if you’re relatively local. There’s a little cafe there too.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 25th March 2023 at 19:07.

Goldtop or Lewis Leathers was the choice when we were in our teens… both were great quality then and both are great quality now, but only one looks like great value (hint: it’s not Lewis Leathers).

I was at their new place in Essex not that long ago… worth a visit if you’re relatively local.

This is the pinacle of leather jacket production................. but if you can't afford/justify their prices - they know a thing about leather treatment

https://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    This is the pinacle of leather jacket production................. but if you can't afford/justify their prices - they know a thing about leather treatment

https://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/
    Nothing for the biking community, however.

Blog Entries

I was at Goldtop’s new place in Essex not that long ago… worth a visit if you’re relatively local.
    1976 myself and the girlfriend went to the Lewis Leathers shop in London. Two Lightning jackets, a pair of Motorway boots and the obligatory white socks later we emerged. Halogen days!
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Nothing for the biking community, however.
    https://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/...h?q=motorcycle

Master
    Very Tbirds

Master
    With Pecco’s win, the R came out of hibernation for her own sprint warmup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stand corrected… too small a range to be a player in the sector, though. Furthermore, they don’t even take armour, which makes fashion jackets - that is, motorcycle style rather than safe to use on a motorcycle - much like my Schotts. (There’s even a “complete your outfit” section on each page immediately below the jacket details )
    Last edited by learningtofly; 25th March 2023 at 20:43.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    1976 myself and the girlfriend went to the Lewis Leathers shop in London. Two Lightning jackets, a pair of Motorway boots and the obligatory white socks later we emerged. Halogen days!
    They were indeed. A good number of my mates rode back then, and quite a few of the older guys we knew were dispatching in London… nowhere near as much traffic but still a bloody dangerous way to earn a living.

All I have done so far this year, is take one bike for an MOT, and played musical chairs with bikes, lawnmower and snowblower in the garage..............

Not quite confident enough to move the snowblower to the back of the garage yet, though.....................
    The pleasures of living in the Scottish Borders I guess. On the flip side when the weather is good the ride outs from from there must be amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post

Blimey that's beautiful. For sunny Sunday mornings I can't think of anything that would be better (as long as I'm not going too far!)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post

The pleasures of living in the Scottish Borders I guess. On the flip side when the weather is good the ride outs from from there must be amazing!
    Primarily why I moved here - for the small-town life and great roads.

Double pic post just so I could drool over it twice!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Thanks Enoch, I’ve bit the bullet and ordered a jacket. I’ve actually ordered two sizes as I was between the two according to the measurements online. I’d love to have a ride down to their shop one day but it’s a bit far for a casual run out for me.
    Looking forward to trying it in some better weather, hopefully soon! Just need to work on my hipster moustache now.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Blimey that's beautiful. For sunny Sunday mornings I can't think of anything that would be better (as long as I'm not going too far!)

- - - Updated - - -
    I can…… (Ducati in the foreground )

The TZ equivalent of Jeremy Clarkson's Lamborghini tractor! Lol!

cant see any protection ratings at all , makes them pretty useless for anyone who actually rides a motorbike.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    cant see any protection ratings at all , makes them pretty useless for anyone who actually rides a motorbike.
    Agreed, then again I have a Davida Moto leather bike ( probably 2015 ish) . Yes sure its heavy leather but no armour or pockets to install it either

This article hints Dainese were the first with back protectors in 1979 and armour became common in 1980’s

https://pandomoto.com/blog/history-o...cycle-apparel/

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    Indeed…

… too small a range to be a player in the sector, though. Furthermore, they don’t even take armour, which makes fashion jackets - that is, motorcycle style rather than safe to use on a motorcycle - much like my Schotts. (There’s even a “complete your outfit” section on each page immediately below the jacket details )

Master
    Double pic post just so I could drool over it twice!
    :lol: Having toured all around Europe on the R during her earlier years, embarrassingly she has only done 500 miles the last 3 years. Although she is a stunner outwardly, she makes angry noises that is quite frankly not befitting her frock!

Ha! Beautiful HP2 Sport. The detailing and finish on them is astounding!

Fed up with this weather, been for a few rides but it’s just not fun and bored of spraying the bike down every time. Roll on the summer!

Blog Entries
    They were indeed. A good number of my mates rode back then, and quite a few of the older guys we knew were dispatching in London… nowhere near as much traffic but still a bloody dangerous way to earn a living.
    Had some biker friends in the Dagenham area back in the day. Used to spend quite a few weekends there. People were great but never enjoyed riding in London.

Master
    Just a little taster for the N Wales trip in June..😎😎

Lovely, Andrew!

Little mishap today in that I was doing a slow maneuver (parking up on the patio) and the bike started to drop as the turn was too tight. Thinking I was my old self I just pushed it up with one leg; however, because I'm presently so much weaker than I was the end result wasn't what I'd hoped. Fortunately for the bike, all 700lbs landed on my left leg, leaving my precious completely unmarked; my leg wasn't so fortunate, however, and I'll be walking with a limp for a while.

Lucky my neighbour was in the garden and provided emergency assistance
    Last edited by learningtofly; 27th March 2023 at 18:11.

Master
    Lovely, Andrew!

Little mishap today in that I was doing a slow maneuver (parking up on the patio) and the bike started to drop as the turn was too tight. Thinking I was my old self I just pushed it up with one leg; however, because I'm presently so much weaker than I was the end result wasn't what I'd hoped. Fortunately for the bike, all 700lbs landed on my left leg, leaving my precious completely unmarked; my leg wasn't so fortunate, however, and I'll be walking with a limp for a while.

Not good news but glad you both survived - time to chop it in

Master
    Just to be clear as a N. wales resident, the sheep are optional ;)

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Not good news but glad you both survived - time to chop it in
    Agreed, smaller will definitely be better for you, for the time being at least.

Time for a change Tony, you can always get another Harley when you are fully fit again.

Still love this green missile, nice ride this evening and cleaned it as it was embarrassingly dirty!

My brothers new bike

My brother is waiting on his moto2 version,, gorgeous looking thing.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Master
    Ooh that’s not good. ☹️ But at least you can pretend to take the Micky out of me��

Master

Saturday, before the ride - it was clean when I set off from home, honest! Hard to believe it's only 6 weeks old.

Best bike I've owned in terms of ability and smiles per ride and I'm now riding stuff I'd never have thought possible. Clearly all to do with the rider and absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the bike.

Blog Entries
    Lovely, Andrew!

I had to sell my Harley for similar reasons. But can’t help thinking about another one!