closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Orient to become available in the UK for the first time.

Blog Entries

Orient to become available in the UK for the first time.

Surprised this hasn't happened before now. https://www.watchpro.com/orient-and-...3ShHAxD-_rf4xY

Good news. The Orient diver I had a few years ago was one the best time keepers I've owned. That skeleton (with 70hr PR?) looks lovely.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    Good news. The Orient diver I had a few years ago was one the best time keepers I've owned. That skeleton (with 70hr PR?) looks lovely.

Personally, I love the Pro Saturation and am astounded they no longer produce it. I had one from SC before but regretfully, I sold it back to the previous owner. Difficult to find now and expensive when you can.

Blog Entries
    Had 3 of those Pro-Saturation Diver's from Orient - 2 Black faced and 1 White. Brilliant watches and (used to be) great VFM.

The Sat Diver is one I would have like to try when they were a bit cheaper. Not sure I would bother at current prices.
    It looks to be a great alternative to a MM300.

Good stuff, they can fill the void that Seiko left in the wake of their "repositioning".
    Are they popping up in AD's, or online? Both? The article doesn't seem to say.
    Last edited by jimmbob; 8th March 2023 at 14:14.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmbob View Post
    Good stuff, they can fill the void that the Seiko left in the wake of their "repositioning".
    Are they popping upp in AD's, or online? Both? The article doesn't seem to say.
    There's no indication anywhere at present. Even the Orient website doesn't list a dealer for UK yet. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    The Sat Diver is one I would have like to try when they were a bit cheaper. Not sure I would bother at current prices.
    It looks to be a great alternative to a MM300.
    Yes, I found it to be a good alternative to the MM300 - though the MM300 felt more refined, whereas the Orient Sat Diver felt more hefty and rugged.

At the time, prices for a MM300 were 2x that of an Orient Sat Diver and I wouldn't say that it was twice the watch.

Grand Master
    Good news,had a few Orients all bought in Spain.

Master
    What bugs me about Orient is that they persist with what someone here recently called the 'Rothman's logo' (brilliant!). There's always a whiff of stale 70s ashtray hanging in the air as a result.

I'd happily buy either of the two on the right if they existed, but they stubbornly continue to make the one on the left.

A few more tweaks and you'd have a budget Grand Seiko SBGW296, it's just frustrating!

Grand Master
    I wouldn’t recommend buying one, can’t get parts and no service back-up that I’m aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I wouldn’t recommend buying one, can’t get parts and no service back-up that I’m aware of.
    Surely that would change if being sold officially?
    In some respects they are cheap enough to be disposable

I’ve long fancied an orient star classic. I think the release below looks pretty good too. It’s a shame they haven’t announced where in the uk they’re going to be available.

I
    I

Craftsman
    I have always like the vintage aesthetic of the Bambino but I just can't get past the date window, it just doesn't suit the watch and looks out of place on what is an excellent looking dial, oh and should be in 36mm also.

Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    There's no indication anywhere at present. Even the Orient website doesn't list a dealer for UK yet. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    I suspect it will be online / mail order, per Orient distribution in the U.S.A. See: https://www.orientwatchusa.com

PS - I have a sizeable collection of Orients myself. They did a re-branded version of the Seiko 7A38 movement: the J3920.
    Most of these came off eBay Germany and Italy; a couple from Yahoo Japan and half a dozen from Lebanon, of all places.

Last edited by Seiko7A38; 12th March 2023 at 10:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko7A38 View Post
    I suspect it will be online / mail order, per Orient distribution in the U.S.A. See: https://www.orientwatchusa.com

PS - I have a sizeable collection of Orients myself. They did a re-branded version of the Seiko 7A38 movement: the J3920.
    Most of these came off eBay Germany and Italy; a couple from Yahoo Japan and half a dozen from Lebanon, of all places.

I love this picture!

You, sir, are a Natural Born Curator - and I intend that as the highest form of compliment!

Your entire collection must truly be something to behold!

Blog Entries
    Just seen the official announcement on Facebook and the UK website is www.orientwatch.co.uk

£289.99 RRP for a 38mm bambino seems steep, but the 25% off helps.

I hope they end up in ADs where you can try them on.

My Orient Excursionist beater is one of my favourite watches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    What bugs me about Orient is that they persist with what someone here recently called the 'Rothman's logo' (brilliant!). There's always a whiff of stale 70s ashtray hanging in the air as a result.

I'd happily buy either of the two on the right if they existed, but they stubbornly continue to make the one on the left.

A few more tweaks and you'd have a budget Grand Seiko SBGW296, it's just frustrating!
    Go for an Orient Star instead?

Contemporary Skeleton looks good to me but I'll wait for one on SC...

My favourite Orient, sans Rothmans. Very rare you see the 'Revolver' coming up for sale.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

There's a new solar-powered Orient Mako 'Panda' coming next month, which should be popular:
    Not so sure about the other two dial colours:

Craftsman
    Does anyone know if the Orient company is the same one it originally was, or is it a phoenix brand like Timefactors Smiths etc etc?

Quote Originally Posted by YCymro View Post
    Does anyone know if the Orient company is the same one it originally was, or is it a phoenix brand like Timefactors Smiths etc etc?
    The Orient company doesn't exist and hasn't for a while - it's a brand name of Seiko-Epson. The company itself they bought into 2001 so it's not a phoenix brand in any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko7A38 View Post
    I suspect it will be online / mail order, per Orient distribution in the U.S.A. S
    Orient USA is a licensed dealer - looking at the legals, this is actually Orient themselves but I think you are right it will be mail order only to start with.
    Last edited by Alansmithee; 19th March 2023 at 18:43.

Craftsman
    The one I wish they still made was the 36mm Day Date ... wz0021ev I think the reference was !

"The collection of watches available in the UK will continue to grow, and we are excited to introduce models exclusive to the UK market in the coming months."

https://www.watchpro.com/quickfire-q...inues-to-grow/

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post

I love the 70's cigarette logo! It's so cheesy it's almost cool. The first watch I bought from Sales Corner was an Orient Ana-Digi for £40 about 15 years ago. It's been an absolute workhorse and still looks great. Stuck it on a Bond Nato and for years it was my go to holiday watch.

Like the new 38mm Bambinos, especially this one - and I'm not keen on the Rothman's logo either (or the name for that matter) but at a tad over £200 may have to get over myself.

Last edited by Geralt; 22nd April 2023 at 18:10.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by IanK View Post
    I love the 70's cigarette logo! It's so cheesy it's almost cool.
    The word ‘almost’ is doing some heavy lifting in that sentence.

To be fair you have to be of a certain age for that to even register...