closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Boss is back

Hybrid View

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Never seen him playing less than three and a half hours. You get your money's worth, always.

Only three hours these days, though there are a lot of songs - he did 29 songs the other night and there wasn't a lot of chat between them. Sadly, he did what seemed like a ten-hour version of Kitty's Back, which I could have done without. The not-great original is about 7 minutes, the live version more than double that and has lots more jazz.

I abso-bloody-lutely hate jazz. Even when done by The Boss; I could feel my life slipping away. Thankfully followed by the fabulous Nightshift, which restored the mood!

Master
    Bruce Who?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tixntox View Post
    Bruce Who?
    Lee.

Not to be confused with 30p Lee, obvious-lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Longblackcoat View Post
    Only three hours these days, though there are a lot of songs - he did 29 songs the other night and there wasn't a lot of chat between them. Sadly, he did what seemed like a ten-hour version of Kitty's Back, which I could have done without. The not-great original is about 7 minutes, the live version more than double that and has lots more jazz.

I abso-bloody-lutely hate jazz. Even when done by The Boss; I could feel my life slipping away. Thankfully followed by the fabulous Nightshift, which restored the mood!
    This made me smile - I was at Villa Park with my Daughter and we had standing tickets. Had been on our feet in the heat (45 minute walk to the stadium too) for about three hours and I was almost shouting at him to stop the bloody jazz during Kitty's back :-).

The musicianship and entertainment was first class for the whole concert but the second half (especially given how well some of his hits transfer to "stadium rock") was just wonderful. One of my best live music experiences ever - was still buzzing the following day.

The most impressive thing for me was after a really intense 3 hour set, he finished with an acoustic song (see you in my dreams) and he looked like he could have done the whole thing again, at 73. I've got 20 years on him and needed a sit down!

Quote Originally Posted by Longblackcoat View Post

It’s not just me that hates Kitty’s Back and the time it wasted when there are so many better songs! :). Must admit I’m not a nightshift fan either so that was the only low point at Villa park the other week.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by catflap View Post
    It’s not just me that hates Kitty’s Back and the time it wasted when there are so many better songs! :). Must admit I’m not a nightshift fan either so that was the only low point at Villa park the other week.
    I’m not a fan of them either but they are on every set list. Seeing him next week at BST and hope set list changes!

Only just spotted this thread but I was also at Villa Park last Friday. Also not a massive Kitty's Back fan - probably should have gone and got a beer - but other than that, he was superb.

Going next Thursday

Grand Master
    I like Sprinsteen's earlier stuff prior to mid-80s, Born In The USA was the last decent album he made in my opinion but I don't rate that as highly as The River, Born To Run, Darkness On The Edge Of Town, or the first two albums either. I saw him in 1985 at Leeds and he was brilliant, but I was much more into his music then than I am now. Have to admit, when I`ve seen him on TV recently he still sounds credible despite advancing years and it sounds like he still gives a decent performance, but my days of concert-going on this scale are over, too much hassle for the limited enjoyment I`d get.

I find it surprising that an extended rendition of Kitty's Back earns criticism, I`ve always liked the track! The jazz analogy amused me, as I`ve grown older I`ve got into Jazz, took a while but I got there.

One of my favourite Springsteen tracks is Frankie, which didn`t feature on the mainstream albums and wasn`t released until the 4CD box set (Tracks) came out in 1998, I recommend this boxed set to any Springsteen fans.

Master
    Old rockers never die, they just keep doing come back tours to top up their retirement funds. How sad! Unless you have adoring fans, who will love you no matter what you sound like (some old geezer screaming and strumming with your guitar turned way down, so that nobody can hear how bad you really play!).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I like Sprinsteen's earlier stuff prior to mid-80s, Born In The USA was the last decent album he made in my opinion but I don't rate that as highly as The River, Born To Run, Darkness On The Edge Of Town, or the first two albums either. I saw him in 1985 at Leeds and he was brilliant, but I was much more into his music then than I am now. Have to admit, when I`ve seen him on TV recently he still sounds credible despite advancing years and it sounds like he still gives a decent performance, but my days of concert-going on this scale are over, too much hassle for the limited enjoyment I`d get.

I find it surprising that an extended rendition of Kitty's Back earns criticism, I`ve always liked the track! The jazz analogy amused me, as I`ve grown older I`ve got into Jazz, took a while but I got there.

One of my favourite Springsteen tracks is Frankie, which didn`t feature on the mainstream albums and wasn`t released until the 4CD box set (Tracks) came out in 1998, I recommend this boxed set to any Springsteen fans.
    Agree with most of this. Saw him first in 1981 and also at Leeds in 85 and a few other times too. Went to Hyde Park last night and it was an excellent concert. Shorter than he used to do but still three hours. Kitty’s Back was actually better than I thought it would be and the older tracks probably outnumbered the newer ones.
    You’d have to go some to better numbers 20 to 27 on the set list.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bruce...-1ba7dde0.html