closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,550 of 2840

Thread: Things you'll never understand

How every day my Garmin watch thinks I have only climbed 15 flights of stairs but have managed to go down 47 flights of stairs when I have just been walking around our house and surrounding fields.

By now I should be gradually moving closer to the centre of the earth if I was to believe what it has told me, (using the stairs of course...).

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Victoria Plumb and Victoria Plumbing are two different companies? So are Grohe and Hansgrohe?
    I believe the Grohe brothers fell out so split the business and went into competition with each other.
    They both still make nice stuff though.

Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    I believe the Grohe brothers fell out so split the business and went into competition with each other.
    They both still make nice stuff though.
    Thanks, more reassuring than the alternative. The bit you put the shower head into has broken and we’re trying to find the same one to replace just the one part but it’s not looking likely.

Thanks, more reassuring than the alternative. The bit you put the shower head into has broken and we’re trying to find the same one to replace just the one part but it’s not looking likely.
    I have a spare Grohe 'shower head pole' here (with the various attachments) if you get stuck. Not sure if that is what you are after or if it will fit your shower head but I am happy to dig it out and get the ref off the box if it helps.

Master
    They discontinued our grohe shower mount annoyingly. Equally scary is the replacement head for it is £180 !!

Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    I have a spare Grohe 'shower head pole' here (with the various attachments) if you get stuck. Not sure if that is what you are after or if it will fit your shower head but I am happy to dig it out and get the ref off the box if it helps.
    Thanks, appreciate it but it will be really unlikely. The people we bought the house off chose a really long rail which is fully stuck to the wall so it’s taken a bit of effort but think I’ve finally found it. Just need to double check the measurements on the part numbers as I think the the smaller lower one replaces the big awkward one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    They discontinued our grohe shower mount annoyingly. Equally scary is the replacement head for it is £180 !!
    I think ours is discontinued too but there might be an updated part which fits the same rail. Looks like £100 for the one part or maybe £350 for a new rail. Either way I’m getting milked for a piece of plastic.

Homeless people playing music through Bluetooth speakers while begging outside of shops.

I can understand they have a speaker, it has a battery, they probably charge it at the hostel. But where are they getting the music from?

I never hear any adverts. Do people still torrent music? Do they have Spotify premium?

WTF.

Given the effing mutt some tripe or offal.

When I was a kids out dog lapped that sh1t up, but it meant it has particularly rancid turds. It never ate its own turds like some dogs though.

Oh, and don’t put a piece of basil on the boiled horse you given your pet in a pouch and expect your cat to thank you for the presentation.

This confused me on the early train last week. Took a minute for the penny to drop.

This confused me on the early train last week. Took a minute for the penny to drop.

Bet that tastes RUFF…

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    WTF.

Given the effing mutt some tripe or offal.

When I was a kids out dog lapped that sh1t up, but it meant it has particularly rancid turds. It never ate its own turds like some dogs though.

Oh, and don’t put a piece of basil on the boiled horse you given your pet in a pouch and expect your cat to thank you for the presentation.
    The dogs face looks more like it's remembering the days it still had ovaries.

Is that why dogs turds used to be white?
    Last edited by Chicken Pox; 26th June 2023 at 20:10. Reason: misgendered >.<

Why the piece of random crud stuck to the windscreen wiper blade is always on the drivers side and right in my field of view.

Master
    What is going at Lord's? It is bonkers.

How loud the rustle of packets eg crisps packets sound in an office. Seems to go on forever and always when I’m extra busy / under pressure.

Red Bull.
    Even I can understand that one

Use a strong brand to makes loads of money from an unoriginal boring product

Also see Rolex

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk
    Last edited by xxnick1975; 1st July 2023 at 22:06.

That Wordle thread and those who want to repeatedly report their outcome, as if anyone really cares.

Why did I ever start that thread?

Things you'll never understand

That Wordle thread and those who want to repeatedly report their outcome, as if anyone really cares.

As uninteresting as learning what people are listening to or wearing what watch on a Friday (or in the rain/sunshine/somewhere obscure).

Master

The Turdle thread was infinitely better.

I was totally with you on the 1st sentence, but you killed your credibility with the 2nd (that said, welcome to the other side).

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    As uninteresting as learning what people are listening to or wearing what watch on a Friday (or in the rain/sunshine/somewhere obscure).
    I assume you don't post on the Friday threads? I don't pay enough attention to notice. [I generally give the Friday threads a quick browse when posting, to see the range on offer, but nothing more. As to the other "watches in sunshine" / "watches on the pan" / "my life is so full but still finding time to post my watch on here" / ... threads, NEVER*.]

*If you find contradictory evidence, someone hacked my account.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    The Turdle thread was infinitely better.
    Thank You Sir
    RIAC

Master
    How 6 months in none of my objectives seem relevant or aligned to what I spend my days doing, yet we’re pushed to me by my LM who then has me on different projects. Ho hum, time to rewrite them!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master

I don't post in that thread often but sometimes it's interesting to see how others did on a day when you've struggled with it, or if you got it in two in a minute.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Pox View Post
    The dogs face looks more like it's remembering the days it still had ovaries.

Is that why dogs turds used to be white?
    No, that's because tinned dog food usually used to contain more calcium than it does now.

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    No, that's because tinned dog food usually used to contain more calcium than it does now.
    I didn't wake up this morning expecting to be discussing dog turds, but I always thought it was because they used to have lots of bones from the butchers. My dog did when I was a kid. I live and learn.

Also, feeding dogs bones from butcher was a lot more common.

Edit:- Snap!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    I didn't wake up this morning expecting to be discussing dog turds, but I always thought it was because they used to have lots of bones from the butchers. My dog did when I was a kid. I live and learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Also, feeding dogs bones from butcher was a lot more common.

Edit:- Snap!
    Thanks for the info, I think . Need to up the calcium again as at least a chance of spotting them if white and would look better when owners hang them from trees for passers by to admire...

"I come from a very confrontational culture"

Does anybody know that means ??

They’ve come from a long line of inbred meat heads and their sibling is looking extra cute in the summer sun.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    "I come from a very confrontational culture"

Does anybody know that means ??
    I assume that he means something like 'forthright'.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    I assume that he means something like 'forthright'.
    Or as we used to say back in the 70’s one of the ‘who are you looking at’ brigade

That could be followed up with ‘you looking at me or chewing a brick, either way you lose your teeth’

Happy days…

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    I was totally with you on the 1st sentence, but you killed your credibility with the 2nd (that said, welcome to the other side).

I assume you don't post on the Friday threads? I don't pay enough attention to notice. [I generally give the Friday threads a quick browse when posting, to see the range on offer, but nothing more. As to the other "watches in sunshine" / "watches on the pan" / "my life is so full but still finding time to post my watch on here" / ... threads, NEVER*.]

*If you find contradictory evidence, someone hacked my account.
    I don't post too often on the Friday thread but it's my favourite thread and always check it out.
    Enjoy seeing what folks are wearing and different watches I hadn't considered.
    You also notice who tends to have the same tastes as you .

Quote Originally Posted by ichaice View Post
    Folks who say…..”I reached out”
    And........."No worries" ....

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    And........."No worries" ....
    Kind of do get, even use that one myself, at certain point in time if you worked in hospitality in London about half of your co workers were likely Aussies.

The pursuit of a striped lawn. I'm sure they think people look and say "ooh what an amazing lawn" but I suspect it's more likely "sad b*stard, must have nowt else to do".

Nobody except a Drifter should ever say that. Does my head in just like 'moving forward' and 'touch base'.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    The pursuit of a striped lawn. I'm sure they think people look and say "ooh what an amazing lawn" but I suspect it's more likely "sad b*stard, must have nowt else to do".
    Cut a lawn well, properly with a petrol mower and you almost can´t not get the striped look, leastways that´s how it seemed to me, going back a few decades though tbf since I used to cut the lawns at my folks...nice smell too, fresh cut grass.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Cut a lawn well, properly with a petrol mower and you almost can´t not get the striped look, leastways that´s how it seemed to me, going back a few decades though tbf since I used to cut the lawns at my folks...nice smell too, fresh cut grass.
    It also makes an otherwise tedious process more enjoyable by having a series of goals, i.e. line up all the lines. Mowing is otherwise very dull indeed, at least for me.

These days I'd rather let it grow to encourage wildlife.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    It's not a pursuit. It's actually easier to mow a lawn like that. It's nowt to do with nothing else to do.
    I guess time spent on here and voluminous bullshit post counts - that equates to "nothing better to do"

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Cut a lawn well, properly with a petrol mower and you almost can´t not get the striped look,
    It doesn’t matter how well you cut the lawn. If the mower doesn’t have a roller, you won’t get stripes.

I gave my lawnmower to the next door neighbours when I had the back flagged then moaned every time they used the damn thing because it was too loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo73 View Post
    It doesn’t matter how well you cut the lawn. If the mower doesn’t have a roller, you won’t get stripes.
    Pa always bought, prefers the kind with roller I reckon.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo73 View Post
    You can if you brush it afterwards.
    Yes I was bored with too much time on my hands, but at least I wasn't indoors on a nice day sodding about on the internet.
    My mum would have been proud :-)

Grand Master
    Agree, I can`t understand how this silly statement has become part of everyday parlance! You contact someone, you don't 'reach out' unless the poor sod's in the water drowning!

Master
    And, ...taking ownership, or owning it?

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Agree, I can`t understand how this silly statement has become part of everyday parlance! You contact someone, you don't 'reach out' unless the poor sod's in the water drowning!
    It sounds like an "Americanism" kinda shout

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    All part and parcel of American cultural influence, dominance even ..see also people asking ´´Can I get a coffee?´´ ... rising use of the word ´´Like´´´
    Reggie beat me to it.

Going the extra mile.

Working smarter, not harder.