closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Steeldive 'Grand'

Hybrid View

Craftsman
    Thanks for that. Never used Ali Express but maybe I should give them a go!

Master
    I think these are OK - but I think you will soon get fed up of wearing it once you have something better - and you will end up with a £100 watch that few want

Seiko have a lot of interesting stuff, used from a few years ago - IMHO much nicer to have a Seiko self wind or early quartz on your wrist

Craftsman
    Never had a Seiko I kept for very long. Not sure what it is about them, but there is something missing. Had 5 Steeldives now and you're right, most have also gone, but I do actually think they are a better watch than Seiko. Still got the Steeldive Ploprof and don't reckon that will go. That really is excellent, but these are not the £100 jobbies. If the Grand is built like the Ploprof, then I am sure I will like it. Had the Helson Sharkmaster 1000 and loved that. Really wish I hadn't got rid of that one!

Quote Originally Posted by simesman View Post
    Thanks for that. Never used Ali Express but maybe I should give them a go!
    I bought a SeeStern SeaQ (s434) lookalike and it was a great watch for under £140.

Sadly, the one part you'd expect to be solid (the Seiko movement) failed! I returned it (FOC) for a refund and got one in about a week.

So, it seems that not only are AliExpress prices the best, they provide good customer service, too. At least, that was my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by BillN View Post
    I think these are OK - but I think you will soon get fed up of wearing it once you have something better - and you will end up with a £100 watch that few want.

Seiko have a lot of interesting stuff, used from a few years ago - IMHO much nicer to have a Seiko self wind or early quartz on your wrist
    Look on eBay (and even in SC here) - Most of these '£100 watches' sell pretty well as long as they're not abused. I'd say you'd get about the same percentage back as on a Seiko and certainly you'd be out of pocket for less absolute cash.

The specs are generally better than Seikos at 2 or 3 times the price, as well.

That said, I've had a few from various Ali brands and only 1 (a Tuna-alike) remains, but in a way the low price encourages you to try and move them on.

M
    Last edited by snowman; 28th January 2024 at 09:53.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?