closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watchfinder - consignment

Hybrid View

one more for subdial. My experience with Watchfinder hasn't been most positive...

Master
    I'm intrigued by everyone else's positive experiences with Subdial. I asked for a sale quote on a watch, was immediately asked for pictures which I then immediately provided, was then told I'd get a price very shortly, then heard nothing. After a couple of days I gave up and went in another direction. Perhaps I should have been more patient but in that time they had no difficulty adding the watch and pictures to the 'Collection' in my account and ascribing a market value to it (which was well below their asking prices for the same model in the sale section), while the sale quote went on as 'pending'. I didn't ask for it to be added to any online collection - I just wanted a sale quote. Since I wasn't proceeding with any sale and since I didn't like the way the site worked I decided to delete the account, but there's no direct facility to do that. I therefore emailed asking for it to be deleted and for confirmation that it had been, and again got no reply. So I've been left with the sense that I was engaging with bots rather than humans. A bit spooked by it all.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom-P View Post
    I'm intrigued by everyone else's positive experiences with Subdial. I asked for a sale quote on a watch, was immediately asked for pictures which I then immediately provided, was then told I'd get a price very shortly, then heard nothing. After a couple of days I gave up and went in another direction. Perhaps I should have been more patient but in that time they had no difficulty adding the watch and pictures to the 'Collection' in my account and ascribing a market value to it (which was well below their asking prices for the same model in the sale section), while the sale quote went on as 'pending'. I didn't ask for it to be added to any online collection - I just wanted a sale quote. Since I wasn't proceeding with any sale and since I didn't like the way the site worked I decided to delete the account, but there's no direct facility to do that. I therefore emailed asking for it to be deleted and for confirmation that it had been, and again got no reply. So I've been left with the sense that I was engaging with bots rather than humans. A bit spooked by it all.
    Yes I’m with you. I’ve found they do ask for pictures when offering a quote. And then after taking and sending pictures they say sorry we won’t buy this model but can consign it. This has happened to me every time I’ve asked for a quote from them to buy and that included stainless steel rolex which surely would shift more easily.

It’s all a bit clunky for my liking.

Their fees are also a bit weird. Different tier pricing for different clients. Apparently.

Having said that they’re a big player in this market and so I guess that offers some peace of mind to an extent, if you do go the consignment route.

Master
    Still waiting for someone to confirm that my account details have been deleted ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom-P View Post
    Still waiting for someone to confirm that my account details have been deleted ...
    There’s been literally zero working time between your posts on this. Unless you’re expecting them to work the bank holiday, I’d suggest you’ll be waiting until Tuesday.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    There’s been literally zero working time between your posts on this. Unless you’re expecting them to work the bank holiday, I’d suggest you’ll be waiting until Tuesday.
    Five working days since I mailed (and that's discounting Saturday, when they might have been working), and nothing. So that's no reply to a request re a sale and no reply to a request to delete the account. I was drawn to them by so many online reviews emphasising how quick and responsive they are so I'm surprised.