closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New releases - random chat

Hybrid View

What’s going on with that bracelet on the supermarine?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Zenith launches are on the website, but disappointing if that's the lot...

Skyline chrono
    Orange Defy revival (looks like a Doxa)
    Defy extreme diver 600m

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post

Appears to be a rouleaux bracelet with oyster endlinks. I consider myself a fan of Bremont, but these releases are... not good at all. I've no doubt they're quality watches, but they look like the umpteenth Kickstarter project. Not a fan of the new logo and typeface either.

Quote Originally Posted by JackW View Post
    Appears to be a rouleaux bracelet with oyster endlinks. I consider myself a fan of Bremont, but these releases are... not good at all. I've no doubt they're quality watches, but they look like the umpteenth Kickstarter project. Not a fan of the new logo and typeface either.
    Brutal assessment.

I’m in full agreement, branding and new designs are awful. Cerrato might have found success with Tudor and the Black Bay, but that was a long time ago and I’d argue his input at Montblanc largely led to derivative rubbish. Like these.
    Last edited by Matt.D; 9th April 2024 at 14:43.

Oh-dear Bremont - I really liked the Supermarine range, though could never justify the price, even used, but it had the virtue of standing out somewhat from the vastly overpopulated diver's watch genre.

Its main problem (Bremont's overall problem IMO) was never quite settling on a consistent design language, plus a certain pervasive 'lumpiness' to those designs.

The new one just screams "ME TOO!!!" - the awkward lump opposite the crown - though beloved of AP and others on toolish watchs - is horrid, and the comedy crown guards that are too small to serve any purpose...

Moving to 904L is just a marketing gimmick ("R*l*x use it!" So what?), I much preferred what they were doing with hardened steel in the past.

Just no.

I wish Bremont well, I actively want them to be successful, but I will be surprised if this new range gains much traction vs. the old.

edit: do rather like the Terra Nova chronos - first time for me liking a Bremont chrono. Comedy prices kill that stone dead mind...

AND ANOTHER THING... cheapskate drinks-tin aluminium bezel insert! Right now Christopher Ward are kicking their arse for 1/5 the price!
    Last edited by earlofsodbury; 9th April 2024 at 16:10. Reason: added chuntering

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Those Bremonts are dire.

Blog Entries
    The new design cues strike me as what an American marketing man thinks English watches should look like. The Terra Nova watches in particular strike me as ‘Olde Worlde this is what those quaint English people really like, and want, whilst sat in their Tudor look houses’.
    I suspect the beginning of the end for Bremont, a la Anonimo as a brand.

The new Mr Bremont certainly has been talking the talk, but this walk is not walking, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Crouchy View Post
    The new design cues strike me as what an American marketing man thinks English watches should look like. The Terra Nova watches in particular strike me as ‘Olde Worlde this is what those quaint English people really like, and want, whilst sat in their Tudor look houses’.
    Ironically it's the US market that the new CEO wants to break so may be it's what an American marketing man thinks that an American consumer thinks English watches should look like.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Oh-dear Bremont - I really liked the Supermarine range, though could never justify the price, even used, but it had the virtue of standing out somewhat from the vastly overpopulated diver's watch genre.

Its main problem (Bremont's overall problem IMO) was never quite settling on a consistent design language, plus a certain pervasive 'lumpiness' to those designs.

The new one just screams "ME TOO!!!" - the awkward lump opposite the crown - though beloved of AP and others on toolish watchs - is horrid, and the comedy crown guards that are too small to serve any purpose...

Moving to 904L is just a marketing gimmick ("R*l*x use it!" So what?), I much preferred what they were doing with hardened steel in the past.

Just no.

I wish Bremont well, I actively want them to be successful, but I will be surprised if this new range gains much traction vs. the old.

edit: do rather like the Terra Nova chronos - first time for me liking a Bremont chrono. Comedy prices kill that stone dead mind...

AND ANOTHER THING... cheapskate drinks-tin aluminium bezel insert! Right now Christopher Ward are kicking their arse for 1/5 the price!
    If, let’s say Mido, had done this design nobody would have given it any attention. A very generic attempt in launching a new diver.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Just no.

Can't disagree with any of that, but hey nice Breitling Rouleaux bracelet...

Oh-dear Bremont [....] Right now Christopher Ward are kicking their arse for 1/5 the price!
    Without re-quoting again I did want to say how much I enjoy the Earl's posts.

I had high hopes for Bremont. Their actually offerings have never been my thing particularly but as a fan of English watchmaking I wanted them to succeed. I still wish them well but these look like Argos / T K Maxx stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    It looks similar to the 90's Breitling Rouleaux bracelet.
    Last edited by j111dja; 9th April 2024 at 08:41.

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    Tudor
    Monochromatic BB58-meh
    That wasn't a release unfortunately, would be a winner IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    That wasn't a release unfortunately, would be a winner IMO.
    Hadn’t spotted the size when I posted :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Thought for the day, would you choose:
    A - Chopard’s openworked titanium Alpine Eagle ($26,500)
    B - Christopher Ward’s skeletonised titanium Twelve X (£4,120), and enough spare change for a decent used Porsche / holidays in the Seychelles for the next decade?

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/th...with-the-xp-tt
    https://wornandwound.com/christopher...tches-to-date/