closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Electric cars-got to be a viable option now?

Hybrid View

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Fleet News published their test in October, so looking at the greenery in the picture the cars were probably tested in late summer so this will be a summer range test. I'm pretty sure What Car? did a summer range test too with the same cars but can't find it. It does seem to suggest though that the Mach-E will, on average, do between 247 and 288 miles through the year. The difference is with What Car? they did the test on a closed track (Mira? Millbrook? Can't remember) at different speeds on different tracks and charged the batteries the night before and then topped them up in the morning before setting off. They then drove the cars until they literally stopped with empty batteries, all stopping and changing drivers every few miles, so their 247 miles was worst case scenario while Fleet News went until mileage was indicated zero. You'd have to assume using WC? figures the winter range with a bit of a buffer and doing a mixture of miles is 220 miles.
    My EV has a WLTP range of 297 miles, I get around 225-270 in my 25k a year driving. About where I expected, given I spend a lot of time at 65-70mph on motorways and the A1.

It is what it is, I suppose if you’re new to EVs it might be shocking, but ICE cars don’t achieve the WLTP range either.

Master
    Delivered this morning - after 190 miles on (mostly) motorway, it arrived with 40% charge remaining. Good enough, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Longblackcoat View Post
    Delivered this morning - after 190 miles on (mostly) motorway, it arrived with 40% charge remaining. Good enough, I'd say.
    That equates to a range of 310-315 miles, I’d say that’s plenty!