closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Varifocal contact lenses

Hybrid View

Master

Varifocal contact lenses

Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    I had an appointment this morning with the idea I would be getting varifocal contacts. Instead it looks like I will get distance contacts and wil use +1 reading glasses when I need them, with some varifocal glasses as back up. The contact lens were amazing, I'd forgotten what clear eye sight was like. However I struggled to get them in my eye on so I'm back for another appointment later in the week. Longer term I'll probably end up with varifocals but for the moment I have a simpler prescription.
    Having a pure distance pair of glasses, I’m amazed how poor my reading vision is with them (I have to move or remove them), I can read perfectly well without the addition for reading in my varifocal glasses. Not sure I could cope with single vision lenses and the need to always have glasses with me. Never tried it, but can’t pop a lens out quickly to read my phone or a menu!

Edit - but I guess that is what normal sighted people have as they get older; just need something to read - no idea if it is as bad as corrected distance lenses though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Having a pure distance pair of glasses, I’m amazed how poor my reading vision is with them (I have to move or remove them), I can read perfectly well without the addition for reading in my varifocal glasses. Not sure I could cope with single vision lenses and the need to always have glasses with me. Never tried it, but can’t pop a lens out quickly to read my phone or a menu!

Edit - but I guess that is what normal sighted people have as they get older; just need something to read - no idea if it is as bad as corrected distance lenses though.
    Same for me. I can see up close perfectly well with my naked eyes - it's only when I have my distance correction (via specs or contact lenses) in place that I need a reading addition.