Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
I was watching it thinking that could easily have been us (Newcastle) and knowing the media would be battering us. Your first season in Europe in a long time and you reach the semis. I'm sure you're proud of that and rightly so.

Then I remembered you have Emri so you'll probably bloody win whatever Euro comp you're in next season!
We have done remarkably well to get where we are but just don't have the squad depth to keep it going and the key injuries are killing us. It'll be interesting to see what happens next season, the last three teams to get to Europe (Newcastle, Brighton and West Ham) and try to compete have fallen away in the Premier League. We have Europa League guaranteed, just need three points (or Spurs to lose one match) and we're in CL.

I wasn't joking about the CDM either, Kamara is out until November at least and we have McGinn trying to take his place. We have no other option at RB than playing a CB there. All three left-sided midfielders are out injured. What Emery has done with the squad he's mostly inherited is remarkable. On the plus side when all the injured players come back it'll feel like we've spent a few hundred million quid on new players (two defenders, two of the attacking midfielders, one CDM)!