closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Zenith ladder bracelet shocker

Zenith ladder bracelet shocker

Traded for this A385 Revival with Subdial. Good experience and will write something separate, but when it arrived the clasp doesn't click in. Basically it's only the safety clasp holding it on.
    Assumed it was faulty but some research reveals this is very common with the Revival ladder bracelets. They're exact copies of the 1969 original. Some people seem to have ones which work fine, some can get them to click in with lots of manipulation and others, like me, can't get them to close whatever happens.
    Just wondered whether anyone had had the same issue and how you resolved it. ADs helpful?

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Master
    If ADs aren't (helpful), I would contact Stuart Lord, who has helped a number of TZers re Zenith issue. Details @

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...r-Sport-issues

Quote Originally Posted by Tom-P View Post
    If ADs aren't (helpful), I would contact Stuart Lord, who has helped a number of TZers re Zenith issue. Details @

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...r-Sport-issues
    That's a really helpful pointer, thank you.

Grand Master
    If it's a conventional clasp its should be possible to adjust the snap action by carefully bending in the right place, I do this frequently on old watches to get a nice clasp action. However, I don`t recommend doing this unless you're confident, it's all to easy to make it worse. Working out where to bend is the tricky part. Can`t give any more advice without seeing the thing in detail, but unless something's damaged and needs replacing this isn`t a Zenith-specific issue to sort out.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    If it's a conventional clasp its should be possible to adjust the snap action by carefully bending in the right place, I do this frequently on old watches to get a nice clasp action. However, I don`t recommend doing this unless you're confident, it's all to easy to make it worse. Working out where to bend is the tricky part. Can`t give any more advice without seeing the thing in detail, but unless something's damaged and needs replacing this isn`t a Zenith-specific issue to sort out.
    I hear you on old clasps, but this is a 2023 watch (and bracelet). Apparently the design is exact to the 1969 clasp, and the metal used very soft stainless, all of which is terribly authentic but also crap and lots of people have had this issue.
    The good news is Subdial (who thus far have been a pleasure to deal with) have said profuse sorrys and are sending a courier to pick it up tomorrow for their workshop to have a look (and they also offered me an instant, no quibble, 100% refund if I wanted - which I don't as I love the thing). So they've been great.

Grand Master
    Nothing wrong with the old designs even though they look a bit basic compared to modern offerings, it should be possible to reproduce the design and have the clasp function as intended, shouldn't need adjusting till it's several years old at the very least. Hopefully the manufacturer hasn`t skimped on the quality, some of the replacement bracelets thesedays have softer clasps than the originals, Omega are guilty of this despite the eye-watering prices for 1171 bracelets and the like.

The aim in the 60s and early 70s was to produce bracelets that were light, and watches that were slim, excessive bulk was frowned upon. Nowadays the opposite seems to be true and there's a mistaken perception that heft equates to quality.

I`m far happier with 60s and 70s watches, that's virtually all I wear thesedays.

I had exactly the same issue and Stuart Lord at Zenith asked me to send the watch in, so that they could fix it.

I was reluctant to send the complete watch in. So he agreed I could remove the clasp myself and just send that in along with the warranty card.

About six weeks later I received a brand new clasp, which works perfectly.

Needless to say, I was very impressed with Zenith customer service.