closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Lemania Chronograph

Lemania Chronograph

I have just acquired a Lemania Black Faced Chronograph which is clearly military - it has the Broardarrow mark on the face and the back toether with these numbers on the caseback - 6BB/924-3306 and 2762/67. I am guessing this is watch number 2762 issued in 1967, but what do the other numbers mean - can anyone tell me where it was issued?
    Also, what strap was originally supplied with it - it is currently on a garish bracelet and I would like to get the watch back to original. Thanks.

6BB is the NATO prefix for a Royal Air Force issued watch. The other numbers (924-3306) will signify the item for stores purposes ie a wrist watch, chronograph.

You are right about the meaning of 2762/67.

As for knowing where it was issued, the short answer is no. The only records about individual issues of a watch will be the MOD stores paperwork, to which we have no access.

Cheers

Foggy

Grand Master
    I can only repeat what I already wrote on another forum re your question:

http://www.watchuseek.com/cgi-bin/anybo ... =2&gV=0&p=
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

[quote="Foggy"]6BB is the NATO prefix for a Royal Air Force issued watch. The other numbers (924-3306) will signify the item for stores purposes ie a wrist watch, chronograph.

According to information from an ex RAF colleague who used to work in RAF stores and who appears to have an encyclopaediac knowledge of codes and anything militaria orientated , '6BB' prefix is not a NATO code but is an RAF 'Domestic Management Code' (ie DMC) ...

Is he correct??

Duncan
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

So what do you reckon mine is worth then - good working condition, slight scratches consistent with wear and one minor chip which you can hardly see at the edge of the glass.

Are these waterproof does anybody know?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sundial
    According to information from an ex RAF colleague who used to work in RAF stores and who appears to have an encyclopaediac knowledge of codes and anything militaria orientated , '6BB' prefix is not a NATO code but is an RAF 'Domestic Management Code' (ie DMC) ...

Is he correct??
    6B, 6BB, W10, 555 and 552 are indeed not part of the NATO stock number but distinctively British additions ... they predate the NATO numbering system, and indeed NATO... :)
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

6B, 6BB, W10, 555 and 552 are indeed not part of the NATO stock number but distinctively British additions ... they predate the NATO numbering system, and indeed NATO.
    True, I was being lazy and quoting directly from Ziggy Wesolowski's book "Military Timepieces".

Tell me, what's the difference between 6B & 6BB ??? I've often wondered.

Cheers

Foggy

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy
    Tell me, what's the difference between 6B & 6BB ??? I've often wondered.
    6 pints of lager? :P :wink:
    Good question, Foggy, and i don't have the slightest ...
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

I will ask my colleague re difference between 6B and 6BB ... but problem is whenever I ask him about anything military he gives a 10 minute lecture on the subject and I cant get away for lunch ot teabreak ... he seems to be able to spend half the day at work researching army badges of which he has several lever arch files full of illustrations and descriptions ... says he wants to publish them sometime ... he is a very privileged manager and gets away with not doing his proper work but continually researches his obsessions with militaria ... he brought me a watch in recently he dug up on a battlefield but it was of little consequence to any collector as was irrepairable ...

Duncan

Ref 6B and 6BB ... I asked my work colleague (he is ex RAF and worked in stores) and he could only say that '6' is a division, 'B' is a sub-division, and 'BB' is a sub-sub division ... but he could not be specific as to why there is, or might be, a "sub-division of the sub-division. "

Duncan