closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What do you drive?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    Picked up a cheap B7 RS4 from collecting cars last week.

Over the moon, why have I waited so long to get one!!
    Super! I had one for 4 years until 2020. Certainly one of the best cars I ever had with an awesome engine. I am sad they are so cheap now as it will kill off a lot of them.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adigra View Post
    Super! I had one for 4 years until 2020. Certainly one of the best cars I ever had with an awesome engine. I am sad they are so cheap now as it will kill off a lot of them.
    Can't see them getting any cheaper. Look at the price of b5's now!

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    Can't see them getting any cheaper. Look at the price of b5's now!

I traded mine in for only 13k in 2020, which was pretty depressing. I believed they would reach classic status sooner as were so well regarded when new, naturally aspirated, manual, etc., but seem to be a bit forgotten. In the four years I had it it was overall really trouble free. It needed a carbon clan quite badly when I got it at around 40k miles, and the usual vacuum leaks sorted, but aside from that the only issue is the very common one of the front Brembos being a very poor design and would develop vibration no matter what I did. It really could do with better discs. For an NA car it also responded quite well to a remap which raised the rev limit to 8400 and 430-ish BHP (from actual 400-ish, as the claimed 414 was optimistic).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adigra View Post
    I traded mine in for only 13k in 2020, which was pretty depressing. I believed they would reach classic status sooner as were so well regarded when new, naturally aspirated, manual, etc., but seem to be a bit forgotten. In the four years I had it it was overall really trouble free. It needed a carbon clan quite badly when I got it at around 40k miles, and the usual vacuum leaks sorted, but aside from that the only issue is the very common one of the front Brembos being a very poor design and would develop vibration no matter what I did. It really could do with better discs. For an NA car it also responded quite well to a remap which raised the rev limit to 8400 and 430-ish BHP (from actual 400-ish, as the claimed 414 was optimistic).
    I'm dying to get this one deflapped and mapped!