closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What do you drive?

Hybrid View

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by s1wnw View Post
    The M2 is used as daily drive, but my work is fairly close.
    Performance wise is fairly close, mpg is noticeably worse in the m2. Money wise was a fairly big difference, but I love the look of the m2 and I am always turning around when parked etc. Financially it probably makes little sense making the change, but I am pleased I did !

It has hampered my watch buying though!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I had a M235i with the N55 engine and can confirm that they are a little worse on fuel than the B58 found in the 240i. The B58 is also better on fuel than the S55 found in the M2 Comp

The S58 in the M3/M4 and now current M2 is very economical though and on par with the B58 i feel

Master
    My lease was ending and it's kind of been difficult to find the right car as there is now so many different options with fully electric, hybrids and regular cars. Most often you find a car that you like, but it doesn't have the powertrain you prefer. I drove many nice electric cars like the MB EQE SUV, but did not find them interesting.

I decided on a stopgap car to see how things develop. I setteled on a hybdid that has a big battery, but I have to say I like the 3 liter inline six too.

Now driving a tidy little 2-door saloon; temporary wheels while I sort the Riley:

That is bloody gorgeous! More pictures please Alec.

Quote Originally Posted by unclealec View Post
    Now driving a tidy little 2-door saloon; temporary wheels while I sort the Riley:

Thanks Jon. I usually have a Moggie Minor about me; they are utilitarian, unexciting little things, but must be the easiest cars to maintain and repair ever. And bags of charm. Also, I don't think there is anyone alive in Britain today who doesn't have a relative who owned a Morris Minor.
    I do have a "modern" Peugeot with a 1.6hdi engine, but my regular commute is a 5-mile-each-way urban toddle, and the dpf filter really doesn't like that, hence the Morris.
    The Rileys are now relegated to high days and holidays, so it earns its keep.
    This one is far and away the tidiest I have had; less than 30,000 from new.

Thanks Jon. I usually have a Moggie Minor about me; they are utilitarian, unexciting little things, but must be the easiest cars to maintain and repair ever. And bags of charm. Also, I don't think there is anyone alive in Britain today who doesn't have a relative who owned a Morris Minor.
    I do have a "modern" Peugeot with a 1.6hdi engine, but my regular commute is a 5-mile-each-way urban toddle, and the dpf filter really doesn't like that, hence the Morris.
    The Rileys are now relegated to high days and holidays, so it earns its keep.
    This one is far and away the tidiest I have had; less than 30,000 from new.

Thank you. Yes, I'm aware of your MM. Lovely thing too. The Riley stood out for the colour combo. Polished black with red piping and then that deep red interior looks lush. Much better than (my) modern red.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    Thank you. Yes, I'm aware of your MM. Lovely thing too. The Riley stood out for the colour combo. Polished black with red piping and then that deep red interior looks lush. Much better than (my) modern red.

You’re much smaller than I’d imagined Jon.

Master

Lovely
    I like the juxtaposition of the old classic outside the on trend Bistro/cafe

Lovely car. My earliest memories are of my parents matching Morris Travellers. One in very dark blue and one in light blue. And my father varnishing the wood

Not been to that restaurant for about 10 years. Was very convenient when I was in Fairfield hospital. A time to forget.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

It must have been newly opened then, Dan. And I expect that was the closest to Fairfield that you could find a parking space!

@Hood - I was there under duress; a couple of hundred yards further up the lane is a perfectly good J W Lees pub (the Pack Horse), which would have been my default choice for a night out. One of my regular haunts in fact.

Unfortunately it wasn't my choice to make that night.