closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you drive?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by bloater View Post
    It's not about tracking the car down and stealing it, but more other people copying the number plates and using on a different car.
    But I can just go and stand by the main road near me and log number plates all day long if I wish!

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Why do folks blur the registration plate on photos of their car?

We don't have access to the police national computer to track you down, or am I missing something fundamentally obvious?
    The vendor didn't blur the reg no of a Transit I bought on eBay.
    A few months later I was caught on camera robbing from vehicles in a hotel car park in Nottingham.
    Then a few days later I was doing the same thing in the East Midlands.

Now obviously I am a fine upstanding fellow as are all on here. Some scrote had cloned my reg no and kitted out his robmobile to seem like mine on cctv.

Quote Originally Posted by unclealec View Post
    A few months later I was caught on camera robbing from vehicles in a hotel car park in Nottingham.

Now obviously I am a fine upstanding fellow as are all on here. Some scrote had cloned my reg no and kitted out his robmobile to seem like mine on cctv.
    How can you be sure it was because of an ad on ebay? Could have been someone who noted it down while you were driving down the road, parked outside your house or parked at the supermarket.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    How can you be sure it was because of an ad on ebay? Could have been someone who noted it down while you were driving down the road, parked outside your house or parked at the supermarket.
    Did I say it was through the eBay ad? I don't know.
    But no-one had driven down my road nor parked outside my house, and I hadn't noticed anyone noting down number plates while I was driving down the road. But thousands of people had viewed the eBay ad.

Quote Originally Posted by unclealec View Post

I know someone who bought a brand new Subaru Impreza a few years back.
    Not long after taking delivery of his car he happened to drive by a local gypsy camp
    and spotted an identical Subaru parked up- complete with his registration plate.....slightly worrying!

Blog Entries
    Much easier to trawl the classifieds for the exact make, model and colour etc. That you want to clone rather than wait outside for that spec vehicle to randomly pass by.

Craftsman
    Merc C220 coupe CDi AMG Sport with all the toys.

Got it on a cracking lease deal though a chap on PistonHeads, £295 a month.

After seeing the new Tesla I looked up the lease prices on those, they start at £800pm. As my fuel bill is about £60 a month, it isn't going to save me any money!

We had a Tesla 85 here the other week. The owner drove it down from Scandinavia to London to us in Devon.
    Great looking fast and luxurious car. It reminded me of a Jag XF. It even had electric door handles that went flush when locked.

The massive down side besides the price was. The nearest Tesla charge point was either in Reading or Birmingham.

Just bought this today

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by eagletower; 6th November 2014 at 16:22.

Drove this home from a dealer this evening.Part X,mot,Insured and taxed and paid for with in 3 hours tops.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by eagletower View Post
    Just bought this today

Great motor, a bit marmite for some, but mine's been a perfect workhorse.

Am loving it is far. I wasn't keen on first gen cayenne but thought they really got things right with this shape.

Am loving it is far. I wasn't keen on first gen cayenne but thought they really got things right with this shape.
    Whats the spec on this one chap?

one of these and panda 4x4 and Suzuki sx4 4x4.

Quote Originally Posted by glyn696486 View Post
    Whats the spec on this one chap?
    From what I have discovered so far - I need to contact Porsche to see the exact option list

Extended colour coded sports kit
    21" 911 Turbo Alloys
    Power Tail gate
    Memory Pack (drivers and passengers) with comfort seats
    Heated Steering wheel
    Heated rear seats
    Bose Surround
    Blue tooth
    Sports exhaust tips
    Extended leather
    Tinted glass
    Roof rails
    Porsche Embossed headrests
    Colour Porsche badges for alloys ( yes this is an option)
    PASM (Porsche Active Suspension Management)
    Bi-Xenon headlights
    Multifunction Steering Wheel
    Last edited by eagletower; 9th November 2014 at 23:51. Reason: forgot to add more options

I had a Gen 1 Cayenne Turbo for a year and it still holds a special place in my heart. Comical power and v good handling. Luckily my employer was picking up my fuel bills! Overall a nice package. Macan looks appealing now. Marmite looks but I love it.

Love the Macan! I tend to buy my cars used and if the Macan was available used at a good discount I would have definitely got one !

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by PipPip View Post
    Nice PipPip. I drove one a couple of months ago, I was impressed. Bonkers acceleration 0-30!

The i3 makes me a bit of a schitzophrenic driver. The acceleration and drive is tremendous fun so sometimes I like to thrash it. Then other days you find yourself trying to beat your most efficient drive data and eak out as much range as possible. The BMW app has cleverly gamified this by showing you all your efficiency data vs all other i3 owners. So you either drive like a psychotic loon or like the most annoying grandma on the road!

A 911 Turbo and a 4.2TDI Audi A8

Call the landline during office hours and give them the registration number and they'll give it to you over the phone.

My two toys: 2001 Lotus Exige S1 and 2014 Alfa Romeo 4C. I do need to get something more practical for pootling about in winter though!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by deggles79 View Post
    My two toys: 2001 Lotus Exige S1 and 2014 Alfa Romeo 4C. I do need to get something more practical for pootling about in winter though!
    Love the 4C...............spot on design

Craftsman
    Beautiful Alfa, looking forward to seeing one for real.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Eoin View Post
    Beautiful Alfa, looking forward to seeing one for real.
    Just on the off chance you are in London there us one in the Fiat dealer off Oxford Street.

Superb duo. Would be interested to hear how you compare the S1 and the 4C - the same design philosophies, but from different generations..

Quote Originally Posted by Argon View Post
    Superb duo. Would be interested to hear how you compare the S1 and the 4C - the same design philosophies, but from different generations..
    I was going to ask a very similar question! That 4c does look lovely, but I'm always biased towards a Lotus.

Bought an 04 BMW m3 CS last week.So far all smiles,was the subframe isuue ever resolved?After a quick inspection they have noticed a very skight 'tear' on one side.

Quote Originally Posted by Argon View Post
    Superb duo. Would be interested to hear how you compare the S1 and the 4C - the same design philosophies, but from different generationyous..
    In a lot of ways they are similar - lightweight, relatively small engined ‘road racers’. They’re equally impractical (zero ground clearance, boot space or rear visibility) although the Alfa is much more solidly put together and definitely feels more 21st century - the dash and paddle-shift make it feel like driving a computer game when you first get in.

To drive it’s quite hard to compare as I have not had the Alfa on track and don’t have the confidence to really push it yet - on the road it is best described as ‘lively’ the steering tramlines all over the place and the sheer torque of the thing requires a delicate right foot even with traction control on. When I get back in the Exige it feels rattly and clunky but get it warmed up on a good road (or even better, a track) and keep it on-song above about 4000rpm and there is absolutely nothing to touch it. All the clichés about driver feel and go-kart handling are completely true. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by GregR View Post
    S1 exige my all-time favourite, 177 or 190 ?
    It’s a 190 still with original VHPD engine (rebuilt recently)

Apologies for not replying sooner, not been on the forum for a couple of weeks.

In a lot of ways they are similar - lightweight, relatively small engined ‘road racers’. They’re equally impractical (zero ground clearance, boot space or rear visibility) although the Alfa is much more solidly put together and definitely feels more 21st century - the dash and paddle-shift make it feel like driving a computer game when you first get in.

To drive it’s quite hard to compare as I have not had the Alfa on track and don’t have the confidence to really push it yet - on the road it is best described as ‘lively’ the steering tramlines all over the place and the sheer torque of the thing requires a delicate right foot even with traction control on. When I get back in the Exige it feels rattly and clunky but get it warmed up on a good road (or even better, a track) and keep it on-song above about 4000rpm and there is absolutely nothing to touch it. All the clichés about driver feel and go-kart handling are completely true. :-)
    Thanks - an interesting read. The Alfa sounds like a blast (and the Lotus too, of course). I sometimes find myself wanting something a bit more raw than my 997, and a 4C sounds as though it would fit the bill perfectly. But, would I then find myself missing the refinement and practicality of the 997? 'Get both' is probably the right answer

Craftsman
    Fresh engine build for mine

Hoping to get it all in and running for the summer

Love the 4C....apart from the lights. Devil is always in the detail...

S1 exige my all-time favourite, 177 or 190 ?

Journeyman
    Nothing exotic I'm afraid, Audi A6 2.7 TDI quattro for me.

Love that 4C ... so much I had to knock one out.

A first post that is.

As requested, a couple more pictures.

I'll get round to doing some decent photos when I get time, hopefully this weekend & do all of the others too.

Only 7 ever officially imported to the UK. Is this one of them?

Master
    This in the winter......530D

This in the summer........

Call the landline during office hours and give them the registration number and they'll give it to you over the phone.
    Thanks. So they give you a guide price or tell you what similar cars sold for in the past 30 days?

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    Thanks. So they give you a guide price or tell you what similar cars sold for in the past 30 days?
    They give you the guide price- and they guide priced is based on what a similar car has sold for in the last 30 days.

A lot of cars won't have a reserve too .

They give you the guide price- and they guide priced is based on what a similar car has sold for in the last 30 days.

A lot of cars won't have a reserve too .
    Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    Thanks for that.
    Now worries, good luck. What are you after?

Master
    An old Boxster S for me, great value for money as are many of the other older convertibles on here.
    Loving that new M5, more photos please.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat7 View Post
    An old Boxster S for me, great value for money as are many of the other older convertibles on here.
    I used to drive a 986S with a Techart power kit fitted, was LOUD! But for sheer noise I took my VX out yesterday for the first time in weeks and every time I do the noise always surprises me haha.

Last edited by pete-r; 30th November 2014 at 12:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat7 View Post
    Sorry I dont really have anymore, these couple of phone pics were taken on the drive home from collection and I have never got around to taking some better ones. Also included a shot of my old M5, loved that car apart from the SMG.

With the recent arrival of my fist son I'm finding that the golf just isn't big enough the lack of boot space is the main factor

I was wondering if any members own or have owned any of following ( my current short list) the main factor is a bugaboo camelon 3 pram frame and bassinet have to fit with room for a bag or two )

2007-2010 bmw 530i msport
    Merc. E350 petrol
    Vw touareg 3.0 tdi

Thanks

Jay

Audi A4 Avant 3.0 TDI Quattro S-Line

Banned
    Blog Entries
    They lost it after the E39 IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    Sorry I dont really have anymore, these couple of phone pics were taken on the drive home from collection and I have never got around to taking some better ones. Also included a shot of my old M5, loved that car apart from the SMG.

Blog Entries
    Drive a BMW 320 dynamic £40 year road tax :)))