closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Ultimate Curry Resource

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by alexaff View Post
    Just made this and it's very easy and lovely. Healthy too.

Thanks for the recipe 

Glad you enjoyed it - it really is an easy recipe. I've experimented with this base further. I'm a big daal fan and so always looking for new ways to make daal. What I did was replace the nigella seeds with cumin seeds and 3/4 cook the daal before adding it into the tomato base (same time as you would the prawns) and cook through. Delicious.

Continuing the quick curry theme, came across this recipe - coincidentally also from Sunday Brunch. Key is to get the onions to a lovely soft texture. This really was a stunning dish, loved it and smells amazing too.

'Simple Kerala Fish Curry Recipe'

Serves 4
    Ingredients
    4 green cardamom pods
    1 long thin green chilli
    1 onion
    1 tbsp coconut oil
    4 cloves
    5cm piece of cinnamon stick
    10 fresh or dried curry leaves
    2 tsp ginger–garlic paste
    1/2 tsp ground black pepper
    1/2 tsp ground turmeric
    400ml coconut milk
    150ml water
    4 fish fillets, such as sea bass, sea bream fillets, pollock or whiting, 90–100g each, skin on
    1/2 lime sea salt
    Method
    1. Assemble all the ingredients before you begin. You need a large non-stick sauté or frying pan.
    2. Crush the cardamom pods to loosen the seeds. Remove the stalk from the chilli, if necessary, then cut the chilli in half lengthways. Skin, halve and thinly slice the onion.
    3. Melt the coconut oil over a medium-high heat in the pan. Add the cardamom pods and their seeds, the cloves and cinnamon, and stir until the spices crackle. Add the green chilli, onion and curry leaves, and continue stirring until the onion is just lightly coloured.
    4. Turn the heat to medium. Add the ginger-garlic paste and stir it into the oil for 30 seconds. Add the black pepper and turmeric and stir for a further 30 seconds to cook the spices. Watch closely so they do not burn.
    5. Stir in the coconut milk and water. Season with salt and bring to the boil, then leave to simmer, uncovered, while you prepare the fish.
    6. Cut each fish fillet into 4cm slices and season the slices with salt. Stir them directly to the curry and leave to simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through and the flesh starts to curl slightly. Take care not to over-cook the fish.
    7. Squeeze 1 teaspoon lime juice into the curry to cut the richness and adjust the seasoning with salt, if necessary.
    http://www.channel4.com/programmes/s...ry-recipe/4848