closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 417 of 418 FirstFirst ... 317367407415416417418 LastLast
Results 20,801 to 20,850 of 20883

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfCheese View Post
    Personally I wouldn’t wear a 30m watch swimming, but it might be fine.
    Seem's a very bold gamble especially if you jump or dive into the pool but you never know until you try...I was advised by one microbrand, I'd enquired about a 5 atm watch, that regular, extended swimming wouldn't be a good idea, though the watch might survive an accidental dunking. Just fwiw.
    Last edited by Passenger; 28th April 2024 at 09:44.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfCheese View Post
    Personally I wouldn’t wear a 30m watch swimming, but it might be fine.
    Same here. 30m doesn't fill me with much underwater confidence.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    Same here. 30m doesn't fill me with much underwater confidence.
    30m is for washing up and maybe a shower … 100m if you want to dive into the pool for a swim.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    30m is for washing up and maybe a shower … 100m if you want to dive into the pool for a swim.
    Exactly.

Personally I prefer 5,000m.

do I need two of these...yeah...I can wear them both..

Last edited by seikomatic; 29th April 2024 at 07:39.

Master

I couldn’t resist this one, so comfortable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by seikomatic View Post
    do I need two of these...yeah...I can wear them both..

What models are these please. Great colours. I’ve never had a Doxa.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie996 View Post

Ahh yes, I like that Speedy so much! Lovely as a different Speedmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxsash View Post
    What models are these please. Great colours. I’ve never had a Doxa.

They ain’t doxas but look very nice even so I dig the colours,
    I had a few of the real ones but only have the orange aqualung now the doxa model is a 300

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie996 View Post

Very nice. The micro adjust clasp makes all the difference too.

The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

SBDX001 arrived today. The Seiko diver sub-collection was clamouring for a new leader, who was I to resist. A very heavy thing on the bracelet, so quickly swapped to waffle rubber. Liking it a lot :)

My new Nomos strap also arrived, so the Tangente has the same strap it always did, but without the excess tail.

D

And in the car studio

Last edited by helidoc; 29th April 2024 at 21:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance wheel View Post
    They ain’t doxas but look very nice even so I dig the colours,
    I had a few of the real ones but only have the orange aqualung now the doxa model is a 300
    Sure they ain't. I missed those days that I would/could pay for a genuine Doxa. indeed, these copies/clones do bring me plenty of fun. Envy your collection.

I always want another Rolex but will I wear a Rolex clone...101% no!
    Last edited by seikomatic; 30th April 2024 at 08:27.

Master
    First day to get wearing this. I know it's marmite, very marmite. I like it though because it is.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nev View Post
    First day to get wearing this. I know it's marmite, very marmite. I like it though because it is.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    I like these.
    I’ve got my name down for one (on the oyster like yours) and an LV… yet to actually see/try one of these GMTs though, but I also tend to be drawn towards the Rolex offerings that others avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by seikomatic View Post
    Sure they ain't. I missed those days that I would/could pay for a genuine Doxa. indeed, these copies/clones do bring me plenty of fun. Envy your collection.

I always want another Rolex but will I wear a Rolex clone...101% no!
    Nothing wrong with that in some ways I think yours look better, I don’t own them anymore only the orange one and I didn’t pay a lot for it at the time a lot less than retail

Just arrived - Squale 1521 50 Atmos Professional. It's certainly had a hard life and some bodging, but seems in perfect working order:

Feels like it sits high on my wrist, and at 13.1mm thick is actually thicker than Squale's claim of 12.5mm - given how it wears I'm glad I didn't go for the Marina Militare model at 17mm: now that would be quite the wrist-buncle! High it may be, but it's very comfortable, helped by the slim, tapering vintage-style FKM strap I've swapped it on to (the supplied OEM rubber being a bit clumsy and stiff).

What is good are the overall dimensions - it's a small 42mm (literally as well as how it wears, as it's actually 41.5mm in max diameter!). Legibility is superlative - for once you can tell someone who actually dived had a hand in its design, rather than the usual BS and hyperbole.

Time will tell if it's a keeper, I like it, and am pleased to be trying one at a sane price; the fact I'm not instantly infatuated is likely a good thing.

These are £1,075 now at full retail, which is enough for pause-for-thought. Quality is acceptable, fit-and-finish seems decent, 316L steel everywhere, AR-treated sapphire crystal, beer-can aluminium bezel (my first in a LONG time!), basic Sellita movement, simple pad-printed dial with average lume... A lot of the cost is in the Swiss manufacture and historic heritage - there are tons of micros offering equal or better specs for ~£500, but then there are also companies like Seiko offering some distinctly average watches around this price too. You pay for A Name.

Grand Master
    Bulova Lunar Pilot.

Had the 1st release years ago but prefer the 43mm No date version.Has anyone fitted the Omega X33 straps to this watch.....have a few surplus.Ill be trying anyway.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by P9CLY; 30th April 2024 at 14:40.

Master
    Very nice Paul. Always liked the Lunar Pilot.

----

It must be my age, but I am genuinely excited to get home today as a genuine, tegimented, stickered, push button Sinn clasp awaits me. I'll be fitting it straight to my black silicone strap.

Also a Sinn red silicone is on its way from Serious Watches in the Netherlands.

I wonder if it'll also fit on to the bracelet?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    Very nice Paul. Always liked the Lunar Pilot.

----

It must be my age, but I am genuinely excited to get home today as a genuine, tegimented, stickered, push button Sinn clasp awaits me. I'll be fitting it straight to my black silicone strap.

Also a Sinn red silicone is on its way from Serious Watches in the Netherlands.

I wonder if it'll also fit on to the bracelet?
    Nice Rob.....you'll have to update the thread once you know if it fits.......or not!.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Just arrived - Squale 1521 50 Atmos Professional. It's certainly had a hard life and some bodging, but seems in perfect working order:

Feels like it sits high on my wrist, and at 13.1mm thick is actually thicker than Squale's claim of 12.5mm - given how it wears I'm glad I didn't go for the Marina Militare model at 17mm: now that would be quite the wrist-buncle! High it may be, but it's very comfortable, helped by the slim, tapering vintage-style FKM strap I've swapped it on to (the supplied OEM rubber being a bit clumsy and stiff).

What is good are the overall dimensions - it's a small 42mm (literally as well as how it wears, as it's actually 41.5mm in max diameter!). Legibility is superlative - for once you can tell someone who actually dived had a hand in its design, rather than the usual BS and hyperbole.

Time will tell if it's a keeper, I like it, and am pleased to be trying one at a sane price; the fact I'm not instantly infatuated is likely a good thing.

These are £1,075 now at full retail, which is enough for pause-for-thought. Quality is acceptable, fit-and-finish seems decent, 316L steel everywhere, AR-treated sapphire crystal, beer-can aluminium bezel (my first in a LONG time!), basic Sellita movement, simple pad-printed dial with average lume... A lot of the cost is in the Swiss manufacture and historic heritage - there are tons of micros offering equal or better specs for ~£500, but then there are also companies like Seiko offering some distinctly average watches around this price too. You pay for A Name.
    I thought these watches look better in photos than in person. I was pretty shocked by the quality, when I handled one.

I think a £1k seiko diver is a better proposition though.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Nice Rob.....you'll have to update the thread once you know if it fits.......or not!.
    Here ya go... (Sinn thread in Watch Talk)

Very nice Nev. Love mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    I thought these watches look better in photos than in person. I was pretty shocked by the quality, when I handled one.

I bought a ‘vintage’ one not too long ago. (It was one of the NOS ones they once sold) it’s great as a neo vintage diver but it’s not worth a grand. I agree, £5/600 new would be about right, £400 used is bearable

Craftsman

Congratulations, what an excellent choice, the 1521 is a classic! I agree the OEM straps can be pretty grim, that replacement looks great. Squale increased their RRP by 20% in February, which was madness as they always sold with quite a discount before that. When they were £700 or so new, I think they were at the top of what was reasonable but pre-owned around £400-£500 is the way to go. Enjoy the Squale experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I bought a ‘vintage’ one not too long ago. (It was one of the NOS ones they once sold) it’s great as a neo vintage diver but it’s not worth a grand. I agree, £5/600 new would be about right, £400 used is bearable
    I was looking at pictures of that today. Sigh!

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I was looking at pictures of that today. Sigh!
    You can have first dibs if you want it back at any time!
    It’s a lovely watch but very similar to my Scubapro 500 (and the other 70 watches I own)

sarb066, 2009. 1st gen cocktail (no 'presage' on dial

Craftsman
    Great pieces and lovely pop of colour even if they aren’t Doxas. Did you swop the dials out on the two originally shown I can’t see the brand. I know there’s quite a few homage versions.

Craftsman
    Sorry trying to reply to Seikomatic Doxa homage post further up the thread. Lol.

Grand Master
    It’s a lovely watch but very similar to my Scubapro 500 (and the other 70 watches I own)
    I dont feel so bad now with 9 watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post

I've been disappointed in every single Seiko I've owned and handled, more so now they've doubled their prices, then doubled them again.

This is rather growing on me. It's hard to tell how well made it was as it's clearly been used and abused, but the design has a lot of clever, thoughtful and subtle features that are very appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveDSSD View Post
    Congratulations, what an excellent choice, the 1521 is a classic! I agree the OEM straps can be pretty grim, that replacement looks great. Squale increased their RRP by 20% in February, which was madness as they always sold with quite a discount before that. When they were £700 or so new, I think they were at the top of what was reasonable but pre-owned around £400-£500 is the way to go. Enjoy the Squale experience!
    Squale, like Seiko, need to up their game - not their bloody prices! Their latest Ti effort is well over 2K and I just cannot begin to see the value in it at-all. They also want an extra £500 for the COSC certified versions of their cooking models - no way do the bought-in movements cost anything like that much more!

They also need to rationalise their ranges and re-engineer them to be significantly slimmer. They have some great USP features, but I'm glad I came in at the cheaper end of their game, because I see nothing much to be gained higher up the food chain...

Well apart from the blue and white Matic like you have!

...or the Marina Militare (if it wasn't such a bloater!)...

Yeeeeaaahhhhh... This may not be my last one...

Master
    Pondered one of these for ages, was out shopping with girlfriend and thought ‘fxxx it’. I know there’s loads not to like, it’s a fair departure from my norm as well, but really liked the carbon bezel, DLC case and solar movement. Lume is immense and really cool too, I would say most interesting lume I’ve seen.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeBird View Post
    Pondered one of these for ages, was out shopping with girlfriend and thought ‘fxxx it’. I know there’s loads not to like, it’s a fair departure from my norm as well, but really liked the carbon bezel, DLC case and solar movement. Lume is immense and really cool too, I would say most interesting lume I’ve seen.

I think there is a lot to like about these. (Shhhh don’t tell any one but I am slowly becoming a bit of a fan of Heuer and early TAGS)
    My only gripe would be the cost against a similar Citizen Eco Drive, which is not a fair gripe really. I presume the quality is a step up on Citizen.
    I would be interested in your thoughts once you have had it a while, lume looks fun in pictures.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    I’d wear a swatch in the pool, but probably not my 60m Calatrava. There is an extensive discussion with references on debunking some theories on wrt and watches. Well worth a read with a cup of tea.

https://www.watchcrunch.com/wsjp007/...istance-292279

The main take away is have the gaskets checked regularly if you want to take any watch in water. Even if rated to 6000m things can change over time.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Quote Originally Posted by LukeBird View Post

I think TAG has come a long way in the last few years. People love to hate them but their recent output is ok in my book. I’d happily pick up one of these (at the right price).

I've been disappointed in every single Seiko I've owned and handled, more so now they've doubled their prices, then doubled them again.

This is rather growing on me. It's hard to tell how well made it was as it's clearly been used and abused, but the design has a lot of clever, thoughtful and subtle features that are very appealing.

Squale, like Seiko, need to up their game - not their bloody prices! Their latest Ti effort is well over 2K and I just cannot begin to see the value in it at-all. They also want an extra £500 for the COSC certified versions of their cooking models - no way do the bought-in movements cost anything like that much more!

They also need to rationalise their ranges and re-engineer them to be significantly slimmer. They have some great USP features, but I'm glad I came in at the cheaper end of their game, because I see nothing much to be gained higher up the food chain...

Well apart from the blue and white Matic like you have!

...or the Marina Militare (if it wasn't such a bloater!)...

Yeeeeaaahhhhh... This may not be my last one...
    It’s a lovely looking thing, to be sure but they need to change the bezel insert to something that doesn’t scratch so easily (could be the printing process), stick some slightly larger, applied dial indices with decent lume, sort out the wobbly crown, maybe even find a way so it’s not so impossible to manipulate, and it would be a better watch IMO.

I couldn’t give two hoots about a COSC-certified squale, they need to focus on the other problems but it’s much easier to drop in a more expensive movement and transfer the cost to the customer, with a cynical additional margin.

I'm still regretting that EZM 2, but I'll take the Scubapro any time you like, as well

I'm down to 20, which is comfortable… I think

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I'm still regretting that EZM 2, but I'll take the Scubapro any time you like, as well

I'm down to 20, which is comfortable… I think
    Oh yeah! I forgot about that one. That’s not seen the light of day for a few weeks / months
    Hmmm does the Tuna go back in the box for a Sinn?

Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    On its way.....
    Sadly, stolen after being dropped of by USPS to the eBay US Hub in Glendale Heights, Illinois. Number 042/150. Look out for it.
    Last edited by j111dja; 1st May 2024 at 21:38.

Sadly, stolen after being dropped of by USPS to the eBay US Hub in Glendale Heights, Illinois. Number 042/150. Look out for it.
    Sorry to hear that David!

Let’s hope whomever stole it gets their comeuppance.

All the best,
    Sanjay

Ouch - that's bad news.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

It’s risky to wear a Swatch swimming as the water might scratch the crystal.

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    It’s risky to wear a Swatch swimming as the water might scratch the crystal.
    Eh?

Oh yeah! I forgot about that one. That’s not seen the light of day for a few weeks / months
    Old photo, but it is very definitely still here. Went back to Frankfurt a couple of years ago for battery etc (took nearly 6 months!), but remains one of my favourites. I'm not letting it go, sorry OLT, but you get first dibs if I ever have to sell
    Last edited by Dr Wolff; 1st May 2024 at 22:45.

Eh?
    A strong breeze has been known to mark a moonswatch crystal.

e.g.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5MWuxp4U60
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFEh5VmtgyM

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    A strong breeze has been known to mark a moonswatch crystal.

e.g.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5MWuxp4U60
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFEh5VmtgyM
    Maybe not that soft but they do mark up very easily. It's a plastic crystal.
    Last edited by j111dja; 1st May 2024 at 23:12.

Master
    After 12 years on the forum, with a not insignificant number of watches come and gone in that time, I've finally broken my Panerai cherry with the arrival of this 590 today. I've always admired the brand, and this represents everything I've wanted in one - in house manual wind, 300m water resistant, Luminor case with the iconic crown guard and sandwich dial (and at fairly reasonable money)
    There's no denying its big, but then their supposed to be (doubt I could carry off a 47mm though)
    Watch was brought from Subdial, who provided an excellent service once again. Have to say I'm pretty impressed with their new shipping boxes - the free travel case is a lovely touch.

Master
    A lovely Panerai there, and a lovely bit of box work.

I've never had a Panerai, but I'm always eyeing them up.

There was no queue on Oxford street as I walked past this morning.

They are a bit of fun and the lume is not that bad to be honest

The Mrs has already bagsied the black.

Quote Originally Posted by gregory View Post
    Two arrivals in this last couple of weeks...

Ironically... both are manual wind pieces, not even auto. Probably not by accident too.

Cosmonaute 809 circal 1965
    and Heuer Reference 12.

Two of my favourite designs, although my similar watch to the Heuer isn't a Heuer.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?