closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Hybrid View

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    Recent purchase from SC. Wears a bit bigger than the 39mm might suggest but it's actually really growing on me over the last 2 days.

how does it wear bigger?? My watches range from 37 to 47mm and they 'wear' what they are?? All this 'wears bigger' malarkey is total rubbish or an excuse for having wimpish wrists imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayleaf View Post
    how does it wear bigger?? My watches range from 37 to 47mm and they 'wear' what they are?? All this 'wears bigger' malarkey is total rubbish or an excuse for having wimpish wrists imho.
    Welcome to the forum my friend. You seem to be a friendly and non-confrontational chap. Perhaps some use the term 'wears bigger' to compensate for wimpish wrists and an inability to pull off a 47mm watch as well as you seem to be able. However most will realise the term is used to describe perception. I see you actually know this judging by your post #1052.

Although it's funny you should mention it as I do happen to have "wimpish" wrists but am very comfortable with them. To compensate I simply try to wear watches that fit my wrist. Some are smaller than 39mm some a few mm bigger.

The Aqua terra does indeed 'wear bigger' than other watches I have with similar case dimensions. Remember I'm not suggesting that the watch actually increases in size upon placing on the wrist. I'm simply referring to perception.

I do hope that clears up any confusion. Of course all this is IMHO.
    Last edited by Mr Tetley; 27th March 2016 at 23:35.

Master
    Welcome to the forum my friend. You seem to be a friendly and non-confrontational chap.
    Lovely......

Journeyman
    Welcome to the forum my friend. You seem to be a friendly and non-confrontational chap. Perhaps some use the term 'wears bigger' to compensate for wimpish wrists and an inability to pull off a 47mm watch as well as you seem to be able. However most will realise the term is used to describe perception. I see you actually know this judging by your post #1052.

Although it's funny you should mention it as I do happen to have "wimpish" wrists but am very comfortable with them. To compensate I simply try to wear watches that fit my wrist. Some are smaller than 39mm some a few mm bigger.

The Aqua terra does indeed 'wear bigger' than other watches I have with similar case dimensions. Remember I'm not suggesting that the watch actually increases in size upon placing on the wrist. I'm simply referring to perception.

I do hope that clears up any confusion. Of course all this is IMHO.
    Yes, that cleared up the confusion 100%, my friend....sorry for my brusqueness but I do get a bit fed up with reading 'it wears big' written by someone with thin wrists, you're perception is never someone else's, touche