closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 341 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    It's landed! After a fairly long search I found a SuperQuartz B-1 in Blue - my ideal combination - on eBay. I reached a deal with the seller (a dealer called Darren Reay and on the basis of this experience, highly recommended he is, too) and here it is! Immediate impressions are that its a lot shinier than my old aerospace, but not so much as to be unpalatable. I love the iridescent brushed dial, the slide-rule and the beautiful turbine case back. The bracelet is a bit short but Darren's kindly agreed to find and send me an extra link - so I've bunged it on a NATO for now which actually works better than I'd thought it would.

Ana/digi ahoy:

Apprentice
    My wife's just got back from Japan, and she came sporting this ...

<please see attachment ... drum roll>

Sometimes you think to yourself, "With all the hassles, and the nagging, etc ... is married life *really* worth it?"
    Answer: "Ohhhh yeahhhhhhh" ;)))

(sorry I couldn't add the photo inline ... I don't actually have an online photo. account).

This more than makes up for the Sumo that I got for Christmas, and then had to send back because the lume dots were misplaced.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've wanted one of these for about two years now, and to my mind it knocks the socks off any other ana-digi that I've owned. Meet my new (to me) B-1...

A nice man from Fedex delivered this today. Wanted one since I saw the vintage Tudor display at SalonQP last year...

IMG_2223 by DrBox, on Flickr

I've bought this watch last month this is my last incoming I'm happy with it, it has a lot of personality.

Blog Entries
    A trade has brought me one of my long-term "wants": an X-33! I slightly prefer the look of the Gen 2 (and imagine that crown is a lot easier to use than the Gen 1's) but either way it's a bona-fide legend and a lovey thing. Also, inquisitiveness and a desire to get some fluff out of the sound chamber on the back (OCD? Me?) had me taking the back off to find a 1666C movement which I believe is the Omega thermo-compensated version which is put in at service... Potentially rather interesting!

A bit unexpected, but this was too good to pass by as it's an absolutely perfect example. I understand why they're so loved now.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    A bit unexpected, but this was too good to pass by as it's an absolutely perfect example. I understand why they're so loved now.

Master
    Got this yesterday....

Cheers Vinny! It's my seventh or eighth MM300, which is embarrassing

Anyway, a quick iPhone shot for now.

Master

How?

Cheers Vinny! It's my seventh or eighth MM300, which is embarrassing

Anyway, a quick iPhone shot for now.

Absolute corker and I have also had a few of these!!!! They are clearly a come back to watch!!!
    How did you get the iPhone picture from your phone onto the forum??

Just had my Sinn 103 st arrive and I really need to show some people who give a monkeys as the wife and kids just think I'm crazy?!?!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by subchris View Post
    Absolute corker and I have also had a few of these!!!! They are clearly a come back to watch!!!

Just had my Sinn 103 st arrive and I really need to show some people who give a monkeys as the wife and kids just think I'm crazy?!?!

Chris
    I have the Photobucket app on my phone, so the image went from the camera roll to the app and then straight onto here (without leaving the phone to do it).

Quote Originally Posted by subchris View Post

Chris
    As well as Photobucket to host images, if you use the Tapatalk app to browse the forum, you can upload pictures straight from your 'phone.

Blog Entries
    I appear accidentally to have bought a Bulova moon watch (strap version) from amazon last night. £320 seems a good price and as long as it isn't too big it might make a nice addition to my "space watch" collection (to go with the 69ST speedie and x-33). Time will tell whether it's my sort of thing or not...

Ooops.

Last edited by learningtofly; 15th June 2017 at 19:04.

Ooops.

Damn'!!! I was sure you were the one who bought it! Oh well... Should you flip it, do please let me know :)

Cheers,
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
    Damn'!!! I was sure you were the one who bought it! Oh well... Should you flip it, do please let me know :)

Cheers,
    Christian
    Have I become that predictable, Christian? It's the perfect Panerai for me albeit that I'm going to have to extend my self imposed 40mm limit to 42mm ( I have two now). I don't envisage moving it in but drop me a PM so I can save it for future reference.

(Don't hold your breath, though!)

Craftsman
    Buzzing with this one!

A somewhat unusual Seiko arrived from Japan. This is a 5619-7000 Duotime from May 1972. The most striking thing about it is obviously the orange hand that is used to track a second timezone on the same 12hr scale as the main hands. The orange hand is independantly ajustable in 1hr increments. It also features a quick set date and the automatic movement can be handwound. And just to stir someting up, I believe Rolex didn't have the independant gmt/2nd timezone hand with a quick set date until around 1983...
    The 5619 movement comes from the same base movement as that used in, amongst others, the 56KS and 56GS models. The only downside of the movement is that it suffers from the same issue as other members of the 56xx movement familiy: the part used for setting the orange hand and the date (and in other 56XX models for setting the day and date) is made of plastic and tends to break easily. The shape of the case is also reminiscent of some KS and GS models.
    There's not a lot of information available on these. From what I can tell there we're two series, the 5619-7000, produced only in may and november 1972, and the 5619-701X, produced in november 1972 and possibly a little later. The 5619-7000 came with white and beautiful deep blue dials (those are the only variants in a 1973 brochure), and I think I've seen a silver dial on Ebay too. The 5619-701X series came in blue and whie dials as well and has a chapter ring with minute track on the outside of the dial, but dropped the name 'Duotime' from the dial, which is one of the things I like best about the earlier models. As can be seen by the symbol below the word 'Duotime' these models came out of the Suwa factory.

As pictured in a 1973 brochure

And here is my new arrival on the original bracelet

And with it's blue sibling that I got some time last year

Blog Entries
    After a 2 year wait I finally got the call and picked this up today, absolutely love it:

And on the way home I decided to detour via the Rolex Service Centre in St James Sq to treat this old girl to a new jubilee strap:

The customer service in both places was superb.

Master
    Thank you for the write up, very interesting watches. Congratulations on getting the pair.

Quote Originally Posted by 50kopek View Post
    A somewhat unusual Seiko arrived from Japan. This is a 5619-7000 Duotime from May 1972. The most striking thing about it is obviously the orange hand that is used to track a second timezone on the same 12hr scale as the main hands. The orange hand is independantly ajustable in 1hr increments. It also features a quick set date and the automatic movement can be handwound. And just to stir someting up, I believe Rolex didn't have the independant gmt/2nd timezone hand with a quick set date until around 1983...
    The 5619 movement comes from the same base movement as that used in, amongst others, the 56KS and 56GS models. The only downside of the movement is that it suffers from the same issue as other members of the 56xx movement familiy: the part used for setting the orange hand and the date (and in other 56XX models for setting the day and date) is made of plastic and tends to break easily. The shape of the case is also reminiscent of some KS and GS models.
    There's not a lot of information available on these. From what I can tell there we're two series, the 5619-7000, produced only in may and november 1972, and the 5619-701X, produced in november 1972 and possibly a little later. The 5619-7000 came with white and beautiful deep blue dials (those are the only variants in a 1973 brochure), and I think I've seen a silver dial on Ebay too. The 5619-701X series came in blue and whie dials as well and has a chapter ring with minute track on the outside of the dial, but dropped the name 'Duotime' from the dial, which is one of the things I like best about the earlier models. As can be seen by the symbol below the word 'Duotime' these models came out of the Suwa factory.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimforthebushes View Post
    Buzzing with this one!

Looks great.

This is the exact model i am looking for next. Did you purchase from an AD and if so did you have to wait for it?

The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416919813.306221.jpg
    Been looking for one of these for a while nice daily beater..
    Pulsar Chronograph RAF Civilian version, I believe it's a mark 1. Just need a suitable NATO strap to accompany it, thoughts?
    Last edited by DJAlex; 25th November 2014 at 14:05.

Quote Originally Posted by DJAlex View Post
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416919813.306221.jpg
    Been looking for one of these for a while nice daily beater..
    Pulsar Chronograph RAF Civilian version, I believe it's a mark 1. Just need a suitable NATO strap to accompany it, thoughts?
    Plenty of shoddy NATO straps on eBay so I'd recommend you buy a decent quality NATO from Eddie's excellent selection: http://timefactors.com/natostraps.htm

Master
    Blog Entries
    Good Idea this.
    Dornbluth came in and went out again.

Just picked up an SKX031 for a modding project and an Omega triple date just because I'd always fancied one.

We should have bets on who has the most incoming. Mine will be on Tony:)

Pick up my new JLC on Thursday and will add to the thread

- - - Updated - - -

We should have bets on who has the most incoming. Mine will be on Tony:)

Pick up my new JLC on Thursday and will add to the thread

...And finally into the open!

Well the time came to finally give the latest arrival an airing, it had been sat in the box for a month or so awaiting the right opportunity. I know there are some on the forum who cannot understand relationship dynamics (or who are Alpha Males and do as they please), but I have to display caution when wearing new watches!
    I need not have worried, my other half was convinced she had seen the watch worn before, so I of course went along with this....
    I have owned most of the classic Speedmaster Professionals but all have gone over the years, in favour of slightly larger cased watches. I spotted this in my local AD, and at 42mm across I believe it is the perfect size for my 18cm wrist. Little hint of colour, legible date and co-axial movement. Down side, I can see why polished centre links are unpopular
    Here is the Speedmaster Mark II 'Rio 2016'.

[IMG][/IMG]

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim63 View Post
    Here is the Speedmaster Mark II 'Rio 2016'.
    Love that - super retro! Like having a vintage watch but with all the benefits of brand new! Fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim63 View Post

[IMG]

I love the gold, silver, bronze. Subtle yet effective. I wanted a closer look in Cheltenham today but just didn't have time, i often look at it through a window. Enjoy.

Master
    I took delivery of this on Friday following a trade with a fellow forum member.

This particular model comes on a dark brown leather strap which really sets off the rose gold markers. I also like to wear my watches on a bracelet however and managed to pick one up to fit it from ebay and will be swapping between the two regularly.

This will be my new daily office wear watch and I absolutely love it! I don't normally go for rose gold but am so glad I did this time.

Edit - I probably should have given it a bit of wipe having seen the picture. Finger print city!

Journeyman

Hello

Quick first post to say hello. I've just registered althogh I've been a lurker on here for a while. lots of great reference posts here.

Over the years I'd amassed too many watches. Nice Swiss automatics. Lots that didnt get any wrist time. So the plan over the last six months has been fewer better watches.

The ones I've kept are:-

Tag Heuer 169.806
    Zenith 01/02 0451 680

The Tag was my first decent watch. It still gets worn lots and has to stay, the Zenith is just lovely too.

The others have been traded/sold/auctioned/part ex'd and as a result a ~9 year old Rolex 14060m "2 line" Sub is on it's way out of the proceeds. It's been a dream watch for a while.

Craftsman
    A rather modest arrival compared with some here, but I love it all the same:

Hamilton Kahki Pilot automatic. I saw it in Beaverbrooks window yesterday afternoon as a pre-owned and on sale too. I wanted a military\pilot watch for my collection but most pilots are too big for me. This at 42mm is right on my limit but feels good on the wrist. Kind of am impulse buy, well I did go and have a coffee while I thought about it, so I'm getting better!

Journeyman
    This has landed :D

Quartz Grab & Go - Glycine

Thanks to Kiki Picasso and SC, I'm now wearing this fantastic Glycine Sub. Always, always struggle to post pics as I use an iPad to post but had to share my new purchase so using Kiki's link, if I've done it right, which I hope is ok with him

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...mbat-100m-SOLD

First impression are really good and completely suits the NATO it came with.

Jon

Apprentice
    After six months I didn't manage to bond with the new model Sea Dweller so it's gone.

In it's place I've one of these on route.

I'll post a snap or two soon.

Master
    HMT Pilot arrived from India this week...

.....35mm x 42mm x 18mm. Smooth winding & keeping good time. £10 shipped
    Last edited by Dapper; 29th November 2014 at 17:45.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper View Post
    HMT Pilot arrived from India this week...

.....35mm x 42mm x 18mm. Smooth winding & keeping good time. £10 shipped
    Nice - and what a bargain too!

Hope you enjoy it.

Well I did post about about this incoming and it came in last week, but any excuse...

I've lost some of the love I had for my beater, the Seiko Monster, so I finally decided to get a watch that has been haunting me for quite some time. I just ordered a Vostok Amphibia Scuba Dude. Here's a pic I found online, I'll be sure to post a few of my own once I get it. I don't think it'll get to me before January.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    I've lost some of the love I had for my beater, the Seiko Monster, so I finally decided to get a watch that has been haunting me for quite some time. I just ordered a Vostok Amphibia Scuba Dude. Here's a pic I found online, I'll be sure to post a few of my own once I get it. I don't think it'll get to me before January.

You can't go wrong with a blue scubadude, one Vostoks finest!

Master
    Sorry just read this thread so I will add my first incoming for 2015 that I collected from Neal on Saturday!
    Cheers Nas

Thought this wasn't bad value for an Automatic, and arrived in December. Bit heavy with the SS bracelet so its on a rubber deployment at the moment till a decent leather can be sourced (23mm). Previous advice on this forum, which seems to work trying other straps I have, suggests a 24mm strap would fit fine if indeed not better!.

Anyway;

Quote Originally Posted by jimboy View Post
    Thought this wasn't bad value for an Automatic, and arrived in December. Bit heavy with the SS bracelet so its on a rubber deployment at the moment till a decent leather can be sourced (23mm). Previous advice on this forum, which seems to work trying other straps I have, suggests a 24mm strap would fit fine if indeed not better!.

Anyway;

The rubber suits it really well… the grooves seem to enhance the design to my eye

I've been after one of these quartz Hammy's for ages and this one's a beauty. Dimensions are perfect for me with the reliability and grab-and-go'ness of quartz:

nxt one

Blog Entries
    A dog that can tell the time...lol.that picture made me chuckle

Blog Entries
    My poc wih new strap.

Soviet era Slava on a grey Nato. This was NOS bought from Italy on E Bay for 13 Euro plus postage ! It is nice to have something a bit different.

Got this one in a trade, Torgoen T8.
    It has 3 separate indepent adjustable movements.
    A very convenient watch for a regular traveller.

I'm not sure its a keeper though, got it in a trade.
    It wears awesome on the wrist because of the great rubber strap.