closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: It's winter boot time

Hybrid View

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by spuds View Post
    These.

Church's MacFarlanes (in Walnut Highland Grain on a commando sole) bought from Richard at http://www.shoehealer.co.uk/

I honestly can't recommend the boots or Richard highly enough.....
    The best boots that I've ever owned and the best online customer-service that that I've ever received.
    I really like the look of these! Can't seem to find any on the link you posted (or anywhere else for that matter) - are they current? Also, what sort of price do they go for?

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    I really like the look of these! Can't seem to find any on the link you posted (or anywhere else for that matter) - are they current? Also, what sort of price do they go for?
    If you email Richard via the website shoehealer.co.uk I'm absolutely sure he'll be able to help.

I started off wanting some Trickers but didn't like the fit of the Stows (too narrow) or the colour of the wider Malton (too orange), so I sent an email and described my perfect boot (leather of the Alfred Sagent Hannover in a wider fit with a commando sole and a 'chunkier' brogue), and Richard suggested these Church's McFarlane's (at an RRP of £370 but I was offered a 10% discount straight away) which are perfect!
    He also had a 'McDuff' in the same last but which isn't brogued and just had a straight 'toe-cap', although he only had limited sizes in each.
    shoe healer's customer service is absolutely first class and if you mention that they've been recommended to you I'm sure he goes even further to make sure you're happy......
    I honestly don't think I'll buy my boots anywhere else from now on.
    Last edited by spuds; 30th December 2014 at 21:19. Reason: Typo's

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    They look very similar to my Cheaney Tweed C which are current
    RIAC

Redwing, casual winter boots for me, used to be Timberland but Redwing fit a lot better,

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by melhick View Post
    Redwing, casual winter boots for me, used to be Timberland but Redwing fit a lot better,

Just out of interest why do red wing fit better, thanks?

Quote Originally Posted by Auto View Post
    Just out of interest why do red wing fit better, thanks?
    Possibly just the shape of my feet, it's true that the moc toe are quite a hard boot, so take a little breaking in but they mould perfectly to the shape of your feet.The 6" moc toe in the centre of the pic are around 5 years old, worn them to destruction but they are still going strong.

Like said Timberland make some great boots,I just get along with a Redwing a lot better.

Master
    Possibly just the shape of my feet, it's true that the moc toe are quite a hard boot, so take a little breaking in but they mould perfectly to the shape of your feet.The 6" moc toe in the centre of the pic are around 5 years old, worn them to destruction but they are still going strong.

Like said Timberland make some great boots,I just get along with a Redwing a lot better.
    Thanks for that its something I may look at for my next boot.

Jon

In my opinion its the other way around, Timberland perfect fit straight from the box, Redwing on the other hand weeks of blisters trying to break them in, just my experience nothing more.