closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Show your G-Shocks

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    It occurs to me that with the rise of smartwatches which will inevitably begin to compete with the likes of G-Shocks (although not quite yet since they are not yet robust enough), perhaps Casio will finally be persuaded to make month/day order configurable!

Spent the day decorating although there seems to be as much paint on me as the walls.

Blog Entries
    ^^^ Hey, that's a good idea for a new G-Shock special edition!

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    perhaps Casio will finally be persuaded to make month/day order configurable!
    I don't know, Casio seem weirdly resistant to any changes in their not-particularly-optimal UI. For example, the first mode selected is often world time. It takes you another three button presses to get to the alarm. But I use the alarm a lot more often than I go abroad!

Then you have to hold down the button for what seems like ages in order to enter setting mode. The button doesn't have any other function, so why not just press it to set?

Then there's the light. On all Gs I've seen, pressing any other button immediately switches off the light. So let's say you want to time something at night. You press the light to see the display, then press MODE to select the stopwatch - but the light has turned off, so you can't see when you get to stopwatch mode. When you finally do, you turn on the light again and press START. The flipping light goes off again and you can't see the display!