closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Vostok Amphibia mods

Threaded View

Vostok Amphibia mods

Hello All!

Being a fan of Russian watches anyway and after discovering a thread on Amphibia modding in a German forum (http://uhrforum.de/vostok-amfibia-modding-t172217), I've gone a bit bonkers for mods and bought a few Amphibias and an assortment of bits. The raw materials have started to arrive so that I can now present my first two Amphibia mods.

Starting simple, both of these are bezel swaps.

First up, a 100SE I've had for a while, pepped up with a Boris bezel and a Dagaz insert:

Vostok Amphibia 100SE by wotsch2, on Flickr

Second, a 090-case model improved vastly with an engraved (or etched?) bezel from pers164 on watchuseek:

Vostok Amphibia 090 by wotsch2, on Flickr

I spent several grumpy hours trying to get the bezel on to the second one. Either it didn't go on at all or only with massive force but then being immovable. Eventually, I worked out how to bend the bezel wire and it now fits perfectly with just the right resistance to turning.

I have some straps on the way (Natos aren't really my cup of tea, even though the gray/black one does look good on the 090), some more bezels and inserts and a load of ideas in my head, so more to come...

Oh dear. Where is this going to end?

Cheers,
    -wotsch
    Last edited by wotsch; 22nd February 2015 at 11:52. Reason: grammar