closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Leather options for a Bremont with a deployment clasp.

Master
    Blog Entries

Leather options for a Bremont with a deployment clasp.

I will be ordering an MB3 in the next few weeks, I am not a fan of the standard black leather option. Has anyone got any pics of a bremont sporting some alternatives?

Which color MBIII, Bronze, or one of the other colors?

Bronze might look good with a leather with a similar hue, Bremont's vintage looks pretty good, i just wish it had curved ends.

My MBII on a 22mm JLC Navy Seals strap.
    Fits reasonably well, although there's a wee bit of a gap between the case and curved ends of the strap (not a lot but, it's there)

Black w/Black Stitching, Suede Lining

Black w/ Orange stitching & lining

Master
    Blog Entries
    Humm like that last offering, but I see what you mean about the curved ends. I will probably go for the bronze barrel.

Just a word of caution. I sold the deployant as I found it unwearably uncomfortable. Combination of average design of the clasp and very thick straps. I wear mine on the tang buckle now and it's much more comfortable.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Cheers for the heads up, will try a deployant before I
    buy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    Just a word of caution. I sold the deployant as I found it unwearably uncomfortable. Combination of average design of the clasp and very thick straps. I wear mine on the tang buckle now and it's much more comfortable.
    The Bremont deployant is incredibly uncomfortable so stick to the buckle

Master
    Blog Entries
    I went for a black vintage in the end, it has a nice inky black suede texture, really adds depth along with the bronze barrel. I also picked up a vintage brown hambleden too.

Will add some better pics tomorrow.

Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    I went for a black vintage in the end, it has a nice inky black suede texture, really adds depth along with the bronze barrel.
    Is that an official Bremont strap?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Yup, it's the new black vintage.

Thanks will check it out.

Master

Good choice mate, love that barrel

That No. 47 Squadron watch is lovely (ICAO codes are cool). Congratulations on 100 years at RAF Brize Norton. May I ask if you're a C-130K pilot?
    Last edited by Broussard; 20th March 2016 at 06:07.

Master
    Blog Entries
    The rotor came out well too. Apologies for poor pic, full of dust and doesn't really show the detail.

Big chunk of leather.

Not a pilot and the K model, went out of service/ sold on back in November 2013, it's all J models now. I do know a lot of the K guys, some remain on the sqn having converted from the 'classic' to the 'electric' model. We are a relative newcomer to Brize, hence the Lyneham ICAO the spiritual home of the modern squadron era.

I am a big fan of the tricolour flag on the second hand, its a major part of our identity.

In April 1919, Number 47 Squadron was tasked to deploy to the Russian Front in what is now modern day Crimea. Its Orders were to provide support to General Denikin, leader of the White Russian forces in the fight against the Bolsheviks’ Red Army. As the politics of the situation became more complicated, formal British involvement in this battle ended and the Squadron was officially disbanded on 20th October 1919. However, it remained in situ and continued to serve as part of the Russian 7th Division, providing ongoing support to the White Russian forces.

The covert nature of this support meant that the Squadron was no longer able to display the Royal Air Force roundel on any of their equipment or aircraft. As a substitute, the then Secretary of State for War, Winston Churchill, suggested that they adopt a ‘V’ emblem, marking their railway wagons and vehicles with the three stripes in white, red, and blue, using roundel paint and local Crimean chalk. The unit was very proud of this emblem as it also represented the colours of the White Russian forces. These colours were also adopted to make signalling flags, with a blue triangle on the left hand side bisecting two halves, one red, one white; in the fast-moving campaign on the Southern Steppes it was crucial to have quick and easy recognition, so this flag was vital for distance viewing.

By the time the Squadron returned to Britain the sun had bleached the white to yellow, probably as a result of the leaching of the ‘chalk’ used on the vehicles and the poor quality of the material used to make the flags. The yellow, red and blue was adopted by veterans as a badge of honour for reunions and formally approved as a tricolour flag for use by the Squadron as part of their official history.

Over the years the stories have evolved, suggesting more symbolism in the choice of colours; as far as the tricolour was concerned, these were said to depict the blue of the Royal Air Force coming between the white of General Denekin’s White Russian forces and the red of the Bolshevik Red Army. There is also a suggestion that the one flag recovered to UK was stained from yellow to white by the wax contained in its storage box for the journey home when the Squadron was evacuated at the end of March 1920 by ship.

Today, Number 47 Squadron remains the only Squadron in the Royal Air Force to have its own flag.
    Last edited by Middo; 20th March 2016 at 13:44.

Thanks for the in depth reply Middo!

Master
    Fascinating story, and I now feel like I'm missing out with my MB3 having only a normal 24h bezel!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Don't be using all my ideas.