closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone dropped a load of sheets on the new Snoopy Speedie yet?

Hybrid View

Craftsman
    Yeah.. all seems to have gone very quiet out there on the Snoopy front...

Craftsman
    Mine landed a couple of weeks ago, albeit on the other side of the pond:

It's my understanding that deliveries won't be completed until June, so some folks still have a bit of a wait ahead of them.

Regards,
    Adam

Congrats. Love that lume!!!

That is absolutely gorgeous! CAnnot believe the price these are going for on Chrono24 now

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellwd View Post
    That is absolutely gorgeous! CAnnot believe the price these are going for on Chrono24 now
    Are they selling though. The same guy in Germany has been trying to sell one on e-bay for stupid money for ages. I think those in the £7k to £9k bracket are selling, but not so sure about people asking £10k to £13k.

Weren't they around £4.3-4.5k new though? Doubling their money in six months or so can't be bad. But yeh agree - some are asking simply silly money.

On another note seeing that the Speedmaster TinTin/Racing supply is drying up and apparently very low production run, will be interesting to see if they go the same way in a couple of years

Craftsman
    What a gorgeous watch, that lume is something else

As said though I couldn't justify nearly 10k on one but fair play to you if you bought at RRP

I'm very jealous - congratulations it's a beautiful watch and if only my financial circumstances were better when they'd been released....but as always when you have the cash there's nothing to buy!

Watchfinder have yet another in - again, offers over £11k or they will enter it into an auction they are planning for later in the year.

http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Omega/S...709/item/65580

There is also a fresh one on e-bay for £10.5k from a seller in London with the user name dijitech (a chap named Sam). I asked him if he was a member of TZ, but he didn't answer that question. I also asked him for his best price for a quick sale, another question he didn't answer. I was always taught that if a seller doesn't answer your questions - don't deal with them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311-32-42-...YAAOSwJSJXG5nO

Sam, if you are on here - PM me.

Banned
    Ridiculous prices! Somebody explain this to me! Just 5,900 Euros last year? 1970 watches! What?!

Quote Originally Posted by iamvice View Post
    Ridiculous prices! Somebody explain this to me! Just 5,900 Euros last year? 1970 watches! What?!
    "In microeconomics, supply and demand is an economic model of price determination in a market. It concludes that in a competitive market, the unit price for a particular good will vary until it settles at a point where the quantity demanded will equal the quantity supplied resulting in an economic equilibrium for price and quantity transacted."

But you and everyone else knew that already. If most the stock is being sat on until its owners get a sense that the price has peaked, then that's just going to increase the pressure on price, no?

Or are you just objecting to the price of a watch being so dependent on added value?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    "In microeconomics, supply and demand is an economic model of price determination in a market. It concludes that in a competitive market, the unit price for a particular good will vary until it settles at a point where the quantity demanded will equal the quantity supplied resulting in an economic equilibrium for price and quantity transacted."

But you and everyone else knew that already. If most the stock is being sat on until its owners get a sense that the price has peaked, then that's just going to increase the pressure on price, no?

Or are you just objecting to the price of a watch being so dependent on added value?
    Pardon – added value? I guess my query is as to why this watch is so coveted.

What is the appeal? It's a nice watch no doubt, but the price is more than double in just about a year. Artificial?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Watchfinder have yet another in - again, offers over £11k or they will enter it into an auction they are planning for later in the year.

http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Omega/S...709/item/65580

There is also a fresh one on e-bay for £10.5k from a seller in London with the user name dijitech (a chap named Sam). I asked him if he was a member of TZ, but he didn't answer that question. I also asked him for his best price for a quick sale, another question he didn't answer. I was always taught that if a seller doesn't answer your questions - don't deal with them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311-32-42-...YAAOSwJSJXG5nO

Sam, if you are on here - PM me.
    Would you really pay 10.5k for it?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard81 View Post
    No - I think that is too extreme. I would certainly pay the £6.5k that the couple that appeared on SC a few months back were offered for.

Unfortunately market forces are dictating the price. If Watchfinder want £11k+ then logically they must be offering £8k to £8.5k as a buy in price. Therefore no one in their right mind will sell below £8.5k.

When those two appeared on SC I think the Watchfinder buy in was around the £6.5k mark and they were selling for £8.5k. Those who bought on here did very well - even though there was a lot of hostility at the time.

NO! I have a self-imposed spending limit that I'm willing to pay for a single watch these days but as the RRP was close to that I was prepared to go a little over and pay RRP!

The old Snoopy models have been hiked up too, the entry point on Chrono24 appears to be £6k and I thought I paid top wack for mine a couple of years ago...

Do you think the marked up prices are having an impact. I did see it suggested somewhere that some ADs were passing them onto the Grey's for a healthy mark up rather than selling to the person who ordered it at RRP. I have absolutely no proof of this, but a lot of people are being told sorry no watch, so did Omega just allow their ADs to make too many promises or what ?

The cheapest UK available Snoopy is £10k on watches.co.uk, a U.K. Seller has one on e-bay for £10.5k and Watchfinder are inviting offers in excess of £11k.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Do you think the marked up prices are having an impact. I did see it suggested somewhere that some ADs were passing them onto the Grey's for a healthy mark up rather than selling to the person who ordered it at RRP. I have absolutely no proof of this, but a lot of people are being told sorry no watch, so did Omega just allow their ADs to make too many promises or what ?

The cheapest UK available Snoopy is £10k on watches.co.uk, a U.K. Seller has one on e-bay for £10.5k and Watchfinder are inviting offers in excess of £11k.
    Definitely some funny business going on somewhere imho

Porsche allegedly cancelled GT4 orders and then sold them to 'special' customers who'd agreed to resell them back straight away so they could then be sold as used for well above RRP. This seems uncannily similar to me.

How can you confirm an order for the best part of a year.. then suddenly find there isn't the stock for it. Sorry... don't believe you. My watch is now in someone else's hands who probably agreed to pay more for it or something.

Quote Originally Posted by DDtB View Post

Porsche allegedly cancelled GT4 orders and then sold them to 'special' customers who'd agreed to resell them back straight away so they could then be sold as used for well above RRP. This seems uncannily similar to me.

How can you confirm an order for the best part of a year.. then suddenly find there isn't the stock for it. Sorry... don't believe you. My watch is now in someone else's hands who probably agreed to pay more for it or something.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/news...-sold-his-car/

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DDtB View Post

I think you should definitely complain. I would agree with you, something dodgy going on there. I bought mine from Italy from my usual boutique, I'm definitely not one of their best customers, just with a phone call. It was promised to me, no deposit asked and 2 months later I got it. 3 months went on, they've received another one and because they knew I'd sold mine for a profit, they contacted me unsolicited to buy it. And this is in Italy... I would expect a much better service from a British AD.

Craftsman
    I think you should definitely complain. I would agree with you, something dodgy going on there. I bought mine from Italy from my usual boutique, I'm definitely not one of their best customers, just with a phone call. It was promised to me, no deposit asked and 2 months later I got it. 3 months went on, they've received another one and because they knew I'd sold mine for a profit, they contacted me unsolicited to buy it. And this is in Italy... I would expect a much better service from a British AD.

Trying to complain just now, but the Omega online form isn't working and can't get a phone number.

Going to request names and numbers when I go into the Boutique for a refund but doubt it'll do me any good in the end.

Probably best to wait until I calm down a bit I guess. Can't see me being an Omega customer again.