closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone dropped a load of sheets on the new Snoopy Speedie yet?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    Absolutely and why not! It's a wide, global market, not Sales Corner. Why wouldn't you "buy low and sell high" luxury products to rich men whose brokers have told them to go long on this week's limited edition?
    There are even suggestions that ADs have Been passing their quotas on to the grey market for a healthy profit rather than let the poor guy who paid a deposit a year ago have it for RRP - not sure how true that is, but it would help explain why so many are appearing for sale on the secondary market.

Master
    One for sale on Omega Forums US$20,150 still sealed
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/bnib...y-award.36659/

Then withdrawn

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    One for sale on Omega Forums US$20,150 still sealed
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/bnib...y-award.36659/

Then withdrawn
    At $15,000 it might have sold - just, "because". Like vintage Rolex, it's in, it's now, it's someone desperately seeing returns who will buy it and keep pushing those prices up and up.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    At $15,000 it might have sold - just, "because". Like vintage Rolex, it's in, it's now, it's someone desperately seeing returns who will buy it and keep pushing those prices up and up.
    The guy withdrew it because he has another one coming it, so he's keeping this one. Doubtless that one will go up for $30K...

I know it's all about what the market will bear, but this type of speculation really gets under my skin. I hope the market drops like a stone and he barely breaks even.

Regards,
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by craniotes View Post
    The guy withdrew it because he has another one coming it, so he's keeping this one. Doubtless that one will go up for $30K...

I know it's all about what the market will bear, but this type of speculation really gets under my skin. I hope the market drops like a stone and he barely breaks even.

Regards,
    Adam
    Totally agree Adam, but how does a guy like this get in a position to buy two, most of us asking at Omega centres are just laughed out of the shop, never mind a deposit or a waiting list - that's not even an option.

With less than 2,000 worldwide - that is not a lot of watches. I suspect demand will outstrip supply until the 50th anniversary comes round and there is a new kid on the block.

At least you have taken yours out the box and wear it - most for sale are in a 'as new' unworn condition.