closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone dropped a load of sheets on the new Snoopy Speedie yet?

Hybrid View

The madness gets worse. I pinged a UK private seller who listed one on Chrono 24 at just below £9k to see what his absolute rock bottom price was. He told me that he now has two buyers in a bidding war against each other and the price is already well in excess of what he listed it on Chrono 24 for.

In the words of the Dragon's - I'm out.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    The madness gets worse. I pinged a UK private seller who listed one on Chrono 24 at just below £9k to see what his absolute rock bottom price was. He told me that he now has two buyers in a bidding war against each other and the price is already well in excess of what he listed it on Chrono 24 for.

In the words of the Dragon's - I'm out.
    So that's $15k if not higher ;).

If you want to play, you got to pay. Omega fans for years have been saying the watches had the measure of Rolex, and now some of their watches are booting flat-O metres-first rail-dial squashed-crown double Reds (or whatever) into the weeds for value accretion. So why all the brickbats? It should be celebrated. Pay the $15k, and sell it to another rich man for $20k next week! He will sell it to a man in China for $30k and so on, and it'll just get passed around until the music stops. Key for asset collectors is not to be the one holding it when the music stops.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    So that's $15k if not higher ;).

If you want to play, you got to pay. Omega fans for years have been saying the watches had the measure of Rolex, and now some of their watches are booting flat-O metres-first rail-dial squashed-crown double Reds (or whatever) into the weeds for value accretion. So why all the brickbats? It should be celebrated. Pay the $15k, and sell it to another rich man for $20k next week! He will sell it to a man in China for $30k and so on, and it'll just get passed around until the music stops. Key for asset collectors is not to be the one holding it when the music stops.
    You are right of course, but knowing my luck I will be the poor chap left holding an expensive worthless watch. Omegas are like buses and another one will be along soon. The Blue Speedmaster Co-axial moon phase is unveiled at Baselworld next week and is scheduled to hit the UK shops from October. I am waiting for an announcement on the RRP post BW before doing anything.

Master
    Lot of people saying they're waiting on the 50th Anniversary, but I wonder how Omega are going to handle that - seeing as they already released the 50th Ann edition in 2007, with loads of versions: red gold, white gold, yellow gold, SS, SS patch... And all of the collectibles.

I got rid of mine as the whole LE thing just got too much - kept the collectibles though!

Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    Lot of people saying they're waiting on the 50th Anniversary, but I wonder how Omega are going to handle that - seeing as they already released the 50th Ann edition in 2007, with loads of versions: red gold, white gold, yellow gold, SS, SS patch... And all of the collectibles.

I got rid of mine as the whole LE thing just got too much - kept the collectibles though!
    It'll be a photo realistic moon as the dial with some mark to depict the landing site, it'll probably have 'the Eagle has landed' or 'That's one small step for a watch' written on it too..cutting in to some of the hour markers, Apollo 11 mission badge engraved on the case back....and it'll come on a fabric strap. The watch box will be Command Module shaped

Watchfinder have a Snoopy in today, 'price on application'

Craftsman
    Just wait until they're all finally released and the new hotness from Basel starts to hit the shelves and these ridiculous prices will be history. I mean, yeah, folks are kidding themselves if they think that the Snoopy will ever go for below list price, but $15K? Nope.

Regards,
    Adam