closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone dropped a load of sheets on the new Snoopy Speedie yet?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    Finally got the call, picking up Thursday.
    Looking forward to hear a first hand review!

Banned
    I am surprised because I like it and the strap as well 

Journeyman
    Why Snoopy lay down? Is he sleeping on guard or worse?

Master
    Because he is as bored of Omega dragging their increasingly tenuous NASA connection to death as the rest of us. I own 10 omegas and I have no desire to own this one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Because he is as bored of Omega dragging their increasingly tenuous NASA connection to death as the rest of us. I own 10 omegas and I have no desire to own this one.
    +1

An American cartoon dog! Seriously? I would be embarrassed to be seen wearing it - I admit it may turn out to be a good investment piece unworn, but doubt it will make big money and it isn't a good enough reason for buying one

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by UKMike View Post
    +1

An American cartoon dog! Seriously? I would be embarrassed to be seen wearing it - I admit it may turn out to be a good investment piece unworn, but doubt it will make big money and it isn't a good enough reason for buying one
    Well said Sir. I honestly thought I was pissing in the wind in finding this cartoon nonsense a childish load of tripe.

Before someone tries to educate me with an explanation about historical resonance, don't bother, I get it. I hugely admire NASA, the whole space programme and what they achieved, I just don't like this never ending unlimited edition crap which Omega seem to need to use sell their most basic design and consider it a marketing ploy too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Well said Sir. I honestly thought I was pissing in the wind in finding this cartoon nonsense a childish load of tripe.

Before someone tries to educate me with an explanation about historical resonance, don't bother, I get it. I hugely admire NASA, the whole space programme and what they achieved, I just don't like this never ending unlimited edition crap which Omega seem to need to use sell their most basic design and consider it a marketing ploy too far.
    While I might disagree with the Snoopy part, I agree that Omega is spewing more LEs than Hublot these days, wonder how many LEs of Speedmaster there have been in recent years.

If anyone wants one I'm picking up another BNIB from UK AD in a week. I will say that a dealer has offered me more than RRP for it so it won't go on SC lest I get accused of profiteering (which technically I guess I am but then again why would I sell it below what someone else would pay for it - it's not as if you would sell your house for what you paid for it 10 years ago).

Anyway PM me if interested

Blog Entries

Craftsman
    *bump*

Still haven't seen one of these in the flesh yet and apparently dealers are still waiting for stock.

Anyone still waiting to get one they ordered last year or has everyone got theirs now?

Cheers

D

Apart from the couple that appeared in SC a while back these have barely been mentioned. I placed a WTB, bumped it a few times, but didn't get a sniff - not even a sarcastic comment.

I was in Goldsmiths last week and asked (well if you don't ask !) - when the woman managed to stop laughing so told me that they haven't had their promised deliveries for which deposits were taken best part of a year ago.

They have already been faked - so be very careful if you see one in a private sale.

Craftsman
    Yeah.. all seems to have gone very quiet out there on the Snoopy front...

Craftsman
    Mine landed a couple of weeks ago, albeit on the other side of the pond:

It's my understanding that deliveries won't be completed until June, so some folks still have a bit of a wait ahead of them.

Regards,
    Adam

Congrats. Love that lume!!!

I'm very jealous - congratulations it's a beautiful watch and if only my financial circumstances were better when they'd been released....but as always when you have the cash there's nothing to buy!

That is absolutely gorgeous! CAnnot believe the price these are going for on Chrono24 now

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellwd View Post
    That is absolutely gorgeous! CAnnot believe the price these are going for on Chrono24 now
    Are they selling though. The same guy in Germany has been trying to sell one on e-bay for stupid money for ages. I think those in the £7k to £9k bracket are selling, but not so sure about people asking £10k to £13k.

Weren't they around £4.3-4.5k new though? Doubling their money in six months or so can't be bad. But yeh agree - some are asking simply silly money.

On another note seeing that the Speedmaster TinTin/Racing supply is drying up and apparently very low production run, will be interesting to see if they go the same way in a couple of years

Craftsman
    What a gorgeous watch, that lume is something else

As said though I couldn't justify nearly 10k on one but fair play to you if you bought at RRP

Master
    Missed the boat on this, the secondhand prices on these are way too rich for me, I'll wait for the 50th anni and see what they release for that.

I don't really understand the fascination with this version as I felt that the 45th Apollo 11 ltd edition was much more interesting and a similar low run of 1969 pieces.

You hardly hear or see that one being mentioned!

I am waiting for the 50th annivversion and just hope it will be worth the wait.

Craftsman
    I put my order in early through Omega, so I paid list (which still hurt; I mean, only rubes pay list). But yeah, as much as I love the watch, I've gotta say that the continued hype, to say nothing of the stratospheric markups on the secondary market, is a bit puzzling. While I get the appeal for certain die-hard Speedy nuts -- white dial, Snoopy/NASA connection, 1861 under the hood -- I don't quite get why it's reasonating so much with the average Joe, since, for all intents and purposes, it's just a luxury watch with a cartoon character on the dial. Hell, even die-hard Speedy nuts are divided on it with just as many taking it to task for being too hokey and over the top as there are those who think it's brilliant.

Really, the market for this watch should be super small, and yet I know of ADs with waiting lists over ten deep. In fact, one major AD in LA told me that they absolutely hate the Silver Snoopy, since it's pissing off many of their big shot clients (think cats who've spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on watches -- and some A LOT more -- who aren't used to hearing the word "no") because they simply can't source any.

Anyway, my prediction is that once they're all delivered, the hype dies down, and more hit the secondary market, that we'll see the prices come back down to earth. They may not go all the way down to or below list, but they certainly won't be going for what they are now. To this end, the most I've see one actually sell for is $15K, and that was an outlier; right now $12K is where the market is here in the colonies, but I don't see that lasting much past the summer.

Mind you, this is all a moot point for me, since I bought mine to wear and not as an investment:

Gotta say, I really do love it.

Regards,
    Adam

I think this is spot on. I've had, and tracked, limited edition Speedies for some time and none have ever done this. There was a little bubble at the height of the boom where the "prettiest" ones - the silver 35th and the blue gemini - gained some value and have since dropped quite a bit.

This feels like a speculator "bubble" and it may go the way of the re-release of the GV Milgauss...now is the time to sell!

Cheers

DD
    Quote Originally Posted by craniotes View Post
    I put my order in early through Omega, so I paid list (which still hurt; I mean, only rubes pay list). But yeah, as much as I love the watch, I've gotta say that the continued hype, to say nothing of the stratospheric markups on the secondary market, is a bit puzzling. While I get the appeal for certain die-hard Speedy nuts -- white dial, Snoopy/NASA connection, 1861 under the hood -- I don't quite get why it's reasonating so much with the average Joe, since, for all intents and purposes, it's just a luxury watch with a cartoon character on the dial. Hell, even die-hard Speedy nuts are divided on it with just as many taking it to task for being too hokey and over the top as there are those who think it's brilliant.

Really, the market for this watch should be super small, and yet I know of ADs with waiting lists over ten deep. In fact, one major AD in LA told me that they absolutely hate the Silver Snoopy, since it's pissing off many of their big shot clients (think cats who've spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on watches -- and some A LOT more -- who aren't used to hearing the word "no") because they simply can't source any.

Anyway, my prediction is that once they're all delivered, the hype dies down, and more hit the secondary market, that we'll see the prices come back down to earth. They may not go all the way down to or below list, but they certainly won't be going for what they are now. To this end, the most I've see one actually sell for is $15K, and that was an outlier; right now $12K is where the market is here in the colonies, but I don't see that lasting much past the summer.

Mind you, this is all a moot point for me, since I bought mine to wear and not as an investment:

Gotta say, I really do love it.

Regards,
    Adam

Blog Entries
    "none have ever done this", Dave surely the original Snoopy is testament that this has happened before and not only held its increase in value but increased continuously further?

Sorry just to edit, I'm aware the original Snoopy bombed when first launched but what's happened since is pretty incredible.

Craftsman
    I love them! £8k at watchfinder though, madness!

OP - You're welcome to check...

M.

I think you answered your own question :). Like the ones I mentioned, it probably hit a peak of £5-6K a few years back, and it's recent bump is more to the speculation on the new release than anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    "none have ever done this", Dave surely the original Snoopy is testament that this has happened before and not only held its increase in value but increased continuously further?

Sorry just to edit, I'm aware the original Snoopy bombed when first launched but what's happened since is pretty incredible.

Congratulations to those who managed to get one of these and the watch clearly lives up to expectations in the flesh. I couldn't even get my name on the waiting list in Bangkok, I was told Thailand was only getting 15, so never much chance really. I think the concept behind this watch is great and I would have happily parted with one or maybe two watches to cover the cost, but not a sniff I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Caller View Post
    Congratulations to those who managed to get one of these and the watch clearly lives up to expectations in the flesh. I couldn't even get my name on the waiting list in Bangkok, I was told Thailand was only getting 15, so never much chance really. I think the concept behind this watch is great and I would have happily parted with one or maybe two watches to cover the cost, but not a sniff I'm afraid.
    Sorry to hear this, apparently we're meant to congratulate the speculators.

I think the appeal for me was the white face. I was never really impressed with the previous Snoopy. I also liked the White Apollo 11 with the panda dial for the same reason.

What will happen when the 50th anniversary Snoopy comes out - more hype ? - but seriously anyone wanting one of those at the time needs to go and pay a deposit on the day they first hear about it, no messing about and do it with one of the bigger Omega boutiques that are more likely to get a few in.

Personally, I think the new blue Speedmaster Co-axial moon phase due out later this year trumps them all and I for one will wait for that and give up on trying to buy a Snoopy.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Sorry to hear this, apparently we're meant to congratulate the speculators.
    Yeah, I agree that's an issue, but not everyone, as above, bought for the profit.

Yeah, I agree that's an issue, but not everyone, as above, bought for the profit.
    I'm in full agreement with you on this, I understand that a few people that really wanted them couldn't get them, whilst some folk that simply took a passing fancy snapped up a few and made a killing.

Congratulations to those who managed to get one of these and the watch clearly lives up to expectations in the flesh. I couldn't even get my name on the waiting list in Bangkok, I was told Thailand was only getting 15, so never much chance really.
    Not just you, a lot of watch enthusiasts missed out. I contacted Omega UK after Baselworld to try and reserve one but they were rather glib and gave me a standard response, not impressed. The Omega boutiques weren't taking orders at the time and big four UK high street Jewellers had no idea whether they were getting any. Still, this is what happens with a limited edition watch, it either appeals to the buying public and gets snapped up or they seem to remain on the shelves for years.

If anyone is after the older Snoopy - watches.co.uk have recently listed the attached at £6,250.00.

http://www.watches.co.uk/omega-speed...mited-edition/

No affiliation, but you don't often see them listed for sale.

Master
    Congrats, fantastic looking watch!

Congrats to those who've managed to get their hands on one. Crazy prices secondhand yes, but it's the way it goes with white faced speedmasters plus with the whole snoopy thing.

Came across an interesting article on white faced speedys on fratello for those interested:

http://www.fratellowatches.com/speed...ionals-choose/

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    I'm in full agreement with you on this, I understand that a few people that really wanted them couldn't get them, whilst some folk that simply took a passing fancy snapped up a few and made a killing.
    Oooh, someone is going to eject his toys again at that comment... 😉

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo73 View Post
    Oooh, someone is going to eject his toys again at that comment... 
    I don't know why; the global watch market is much bigger than one moraliser on a single-issue watch forum!

If people with surplus want to hoover up goods and sell them to people with even more surplus who are told they must have a watch with a cartoon on it, more power to their elbow.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    If anyone is after the older Snoopy - watches.co.uk have recently listed the attached at £6,250.00.

http://www.watches.co.uk/omega-speed...mited-edition/

No affiliation, but you don't often see them listed for sale.
    C £2k overpriced I'd say even in today's market.

Master
    They're not very limited these limited editions are they? If every few years Omega pops another one onto the market

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    I don't know why; the global watch market is much bigger than one moraliser on a single-issue watch forum!

If people with surplus want to hoover up goods and sell them to people with even more surplus who are told they must have a watch with a cartoon on it, more power to their elbow.
    I must admit that the older Snoopy in black does little for me, but the new Silver award with the all white dial is a different thing. I like the white dial Speedmasters, like the 35th anniversary Apollo 11 with the panda dial and this latest Snoopy. I think most sold are currently up for resale, there were 14 on Chrono24 yesterday with prices ranging from £9k to £13k and a couple on e-bay.

Seems to be the modern society, anything desirable and limited - buy it and immediately list it for resale at a healthy profit.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I must admit that the older Snoopy in black does little for me, but the new Silver award with the all white dial is a different thing. I like the white dial Speedmasters, like the 35th anniversary Apollo 11 with the panda dial and this latest Snoopy. I think most sold are currently up for resale, there were 14 on Chrono24 yesterday with prices ranging from £9k to £13k and a couple on e-bay.

Seems to be the modern society, anything desirable and limited - buy it and immediately list it for resale at a healthy profit.
    Absolutely and why not! It's a wide, global market, not Sales Corner. Why wouldn't you "buy low and sell high" luxury products to rich men whose brokers have told them to go long on this week's limited edition?
    Last edited by andrew; 7th March 2016 at 12:13.

Absolutely and why not! It's a wide, global market, not Sales Corner. Why wouldn't you "buy low and sell high" luxury products to rich men whose brokers have told them to go long on this week's limited edition?
    There are even suggestions that ADs have Been passing their quotas on to the grey market for a healthy profit rather than let the poor guy who paid a deposit a year ago have it for RRP - not sure how true that is, but it would help explain why so many are appearing for sale on the secondary market.

Master
    One for sale on Omega Forums US$20,150 still sealed
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/bnib...y-award.36659/

Then withdrawn

Personally I like the classic speedy better and one or two older snoopy versions.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    One for sale on Omega Forums US$20,150 still sealed
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/bnib...y-award.36659/

Then withdrawn
    At $15,000 it might have sold - just, "because". Like vintage Rolex, it's in, it's now, it's someone desperately seeing returns who will buy it and keep pushing those prices up and up.

Craftsman
    At $15,000 it might have sold - just, "because". Like vintage Rolex, it's in, it's now, it's someone desperately seeing returns who will buy it and keep pushing those prices up and up.
    The guy withdrew it because he has another one coming it, so he's keeping this one. Doubtless that one will go up for $30K...

I know it's all about what the market will bear, but this type of speculation really gets under my skin. I hope the market drops like a stone and he barely breaks even.

Regards,
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by craniotes View Post
    The guy withdrew it because he has another one coming it, so he's keeping this one. Doubtless that one will go up for $30K...

I know it's all about what the market will bear, but this type of speculation really gets under my skin. I hope the market drops like a stone and he barely breaks even.

Regards,
    Adam
    Totally agree Adam, but how does a guy like this get in a position to buy two, most of us asking at Omega centres are just laughed out of the shop, never mind a deposit or a waiting list - that's not even an option.

With less than 2,000 worldwide - that is not a lot of watches. I suspect demand will outstrip supply until the 50th anniversary comes round and there is a new kid on the block.

At least you have taken yours out the box and wear it - most for sale are in a 'as new' unworn condition.

The madness gets worse. I pinged a UK private seller who listed one on Chrono 24 at just below £9k to see what his absolute rock bottom price was. He told me that he now has two buyers in a bidding war against each other and the price is already well in excess of what he listed it on Chrono 24 for.

In the words of the Dragon's - I'm out.